HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose - Boston

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 07:09 PM
  #1
DarrenRyan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
San Jose - Boston

To Boston

Patrick Marleau
Ryan Clowe

To San Jose

1st
2nd
Alex Khokhalechev
Rich Peverly
Andrew Ference


I know sharks fans wont like this because they are still fighting for a playoff spot, but San Jose is getting some players back that will help them this year, however this deal is more about the future and getting picks and a talented prospect back

Boston obviously needs a response to Pittsburghs moves, this does just that, they add a very talented scorer and add another character guy with experience, something Recchi provided years back

Lucic - Krejci - marleau
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Clowe - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

DarrenRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:11 PM
  #2
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Marleau can't and won't be traded. He is most likely a Shark for life. I would want more than what you have offered too.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:12 PM
  #3
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger
 
Ivyy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 8,597
vCash: 500
No thanks from Boston

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:16 PM
  #4
TSC*
KPD IS ADB
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenRyan View Post
To Boston

Patrick Marleau
Ryan Clowe

To San Jose

1st
2nd
Alex Khokhalechev
Rich Peverly
Andrew Ference


I know sharks fans wont like this because they are still fighting for a playoff spot, but San Jose is getting some players back that will help them this year, however this deal is more about the future and getting picks and a talented prospect back

Boston obviously needs a response to Pittsburghs moves, this does just that, they add a very talented scorer and add another character guy with experience, something Recchi provided years back

Lucic - Krejci - marleau
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Clowe - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Kelly is done till at least the playoffs, and down two D-men for the near future.

How about the 2nd for Clowe and we leave it at that?

TSC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:17 PM
  #5
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSC View Post
Kelly is done till at least the playoffs, and down two D-men for the near future.

How about the 2nd for Clowe and we leave it at that?
Clowe will get a 1st and a decent prospect if traded.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:21 PM
  #6
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Clowe will get a 1st and a decent prospect if traded.
I think it'll be a little less than that. A 1st and a project type prospect, or a quality prospect and a 2nd/3rd. But it really depends on the market for him. If there's 2-3 teams interested in Clowe, that'll drive the price up.

__________________
"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:22 PM
  #7
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger
 
Ivyy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 8,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Clowe will get a 1st and a decent prospect if traded.
The guy doesn't have a goal this season.. No team will move a first for him.

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:24 PM
  #8
Son of Donegal
Registered User
 
Son of Donegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Clowe will get a 1st and a decent prospect if traded.
That could happen, but not likely.

Also, Bruins can't make this trade b/c they are defense first and Ference is playing top 4 minutes (very well) while Boychuk and McQuaid are out.

How about you guys toss in Boyle, we add another pick and we shake hands?

Son of Donegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:24 PM
  #9
nabbyfan
Registered User
 
nabbyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SJC
Posts: 489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan12 View Post
The guy doesn't have a goal this season.. No team will move a first for him.
Paul Gaustad got a first, and I would argue a playoff bound team would take a goalless Clowe over Gaustad most times. Clowe has been totally snakebit this year, and has been very effective at times, just unable to get the puck in the net. If Clowe leaves, it will be because a GM wants his play style badly, and will pay for it. He isnt going to get moved for nothing.

nabbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:27 PM
  #10
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Donegal View Post
That could happen, but not likely.

Also, Bruins can't make this trade b/c they are defense first and Ference is playing top 4 minutes (very well) while Boychuk and McQuaid are out.

How about you guys toss in Boyle, we add another pick and we shake hands?
Is that a joke?

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:34 PM
  #11
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Clowe will get a 1st and a decent prospect if traded.
Just curious, which team do you think would give up a first and a decent prospect?

And define decent prospect.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:35 PM
  #12
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Is that a joke?
You actually bolded the wrong part. The part about Ference playing well in the top 4 was the joke.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:57 PM
  #13
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,338
vCash: 567
No, no, no, no, no. Marleau would get a lot more than that if traded, which he won't be. And bring your Clowe bashing to the other million threads about it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:58 PM
  #14
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Just curious, which team do you think would give up a first and a decent prospect?

And define decent prospect.
Boston, Pittsburg, Montreal, New York Rangers, or Toronto are all capable of giving up a 1st. By decent prospect I mean a C prospect.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:15 PM
  #15
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbyfan View Post
Paul Gaustad got a first, and I would argue a playoff bound team would take a goalless Clowe over Gaustad most times. Clowe has been totally snakebit this year, and has been very effective at times, just unable to get the puck in the net. If Clowe leaves, it will be because a GM wants his play style badly, and will pay for it. He isnt going to get moved for nothing.
Ahhh the most overused statement when attempting to overvalue ones player...."bbbbbbut Paul Gastaud got a 1st".

The goalless wonder will not likely net SJ a 1st, not this year.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:19 PM
  #16
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,338
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Ahhh the most overused statement when attempting to overvalue ones player...."bbbbbbut Paul Gastaud got a 1st".

The goalless wonder will not likely net SJ a 1st, not this year.
The second most over-used statement is "Ryane Clowe sucks because he has no goals". Seriously, it's like people don't believe in statistical regression at all.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:21 PM
  #17
GoBs
Registered User
 
GoBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Clowe will get a 1st and a decent prospect if traded.
What team doesn't want a 0 goal scorer? 2 firsts and a top prospect at least.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:22 PM
  #18
CDJ*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
I mean, whenever you have a chance to get a guy with the same amount of goals as my toaster oven, you have to do it.

But in all seriousness, we're probably talking Boychuk instead of Ference and Spooner added on to get that package.

So a 1st, 2nd, Koko, Pevs, Boychuk, Spooner for Marleau, Clowe, and a pick/prospect

Might be a bit much now that I think about it...

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:25 PM
  #19
allworldcaucasn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 4,659
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
I know you reallllly want Clowe, for nothing, Boston, but we'll just keep him for our own playoff run.

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:25 PM
  #20
CDJ*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The second most over-used statement is "Ryane Clowe sucks because he has no goals". Seriously, it's like people don't believe in statistical regression at all.
I get it, so if I played and scored 0 goals then I must be expected to get back to the S% mean at SOME point, right?

I'll keep dreaming.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:26 PM
  #21
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,003
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Clowe will get a 1st and a decent prospect if traded.
lol?

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:27 PM
  #22
CDJ*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allworldcaucasn View Post
I know you reallllly want Clowe, for nothing, Boston, but we'll just keep him for our own playoff run.
People aren't offering "nothing". You guys just want a first and a good prospect for a GOALLESS PLAYER. That is the definition of ludicrous.

...And *potential playoff run

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:28 PM
  #23
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 23,636
vCash: 2810
Doubt Marleau waives his NTC.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:30 PM
  #24
allworldcaucasn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 4,659
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
People aren't offering "nothing". You guys just want a first and a good prospect for a GOALLESS PLAYER. That is the definition of ludicrous.

...And *potential playoff run
Why would you even want a goalless player, anyway?

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
  #25
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,395
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I think it'll be a little less than that. A 1st and a project type prospect, or a quality prospect and a 2nd/3rd. But it really depends on the market for him. If there's 2-3 teams interested in Clowe, that'll drive the price up.
Well you know from HF that there will be a market for him.

Douglas Murray got us a 2nd, maybe two. And Clowe has been miles better than Murray. So why don't you guys think he can get us at least a first?

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.