HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is a Goal? Habs Lose 1-0

Old
03-26-2013, 09:51 PM
BobbyFischer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
GTFO we outplayed them badly in the first two had the Ryder post gone in he would have been a very different game. They've got nothing on us and needed all their small change to get away with the w in both games.
Until we get some big strong talented power forward like a Christopher Kunitz, or a talented gritty hard nosed rugged winger like Kennedy.. I don't know dude..

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Not blaming the loss over one player, but Gionta has been killing lots of plays in the offensive zone either by making a dump, a useless pass or a missed slapshot. Pacioretty also needs to play smarter.

The players should be more creative instead of doing the dump-and-chase which never worked tonight.

Not a bad game overall tho.
I really don't like Gionta's game. Lots of plays just die with him. He adds very little to the forecheck. Not extraordinary on the PP. I can't find much contribution from him. He scores once in a while but a leader of the team like him must bring more value.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:52 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
I don't know why people keep questioning Gorges and Bouillon on the PP when Gionta is also on the PP. Eller and Galchenyuk are NOT on the PP. And Dumont is not on the 3rd line anymore.

As great as Therrien has been all season, he's making the wrong decision on no-brainers.
mostly cause they were put as a 2nd wave too quickly...

I dont mind them if it's the last 30 sec or something, but tonight was too much.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
We finished 15th last year. Making the playoff is going to be an achievement. I would not be surprise we get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. We are still too small. It in close games like this that we lack size, we have a hard time along the boards and in front of the net.
Well I agree with you there. Size and grit along with skill is needed at the end of games. Need to crash and bang and get those dirty goals. That's why I like Bourque and Prust. They may not be as skilled as Pleks or DD, but they can manufacture chances simply by using their size and physicality.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Is Gorges really worth $4M over 6 years? really?
Gorges is annoying me. He's a good team guy , works hard and is blocking shots but let's face it he's not that talented with the puck.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Is Gorges really worth $4M over 6 years? really?
We lost this game 1-0 and this guy is questioning our defensive defenseman contract.

Holy ****..

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
I did... EVen ROn Fournier is mentioning this, he does not understand why Price got a star and not Vokoun or Fleury
Well to break it down, Vokoun played a great 3rd period since he wasn't tired at all, had he started the game and finished it then maybe he would have let in a goal due to fatigue. Fleury played great for 2 periods but I think him not getting a star mostly has to do with him not being able to complete the game due to his injury. Price played from the first second to the last second and played great despite that one goal.

03-26-2013, 09:53 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I call bull, sorry. Patches, like Price, shouldn't be immune from criticism. He should get dropped in the lineup way before Desharnais.

Desharnais isn't making much happen out there, but Patches doing literally nothing but fumble every play and lose every battle isn't going to cut it for our big power forward.
Pacioretty had 7 shots. Most on the team.

You might have a point if he didnt have a shot.

Or was 33% on the faceoffs like one of our centers was.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

As much as I hate to say this Patches has brought less to the table than DD over the last little while (since MaxPac stopped scoring).

Sure DD will lose most battles, at least he's not like MaxPac floating around.

MaxPac is worse defensively than DD (that's saying a lot).

MaxPac needs to be benched or put on the 3rd, 4th line to try to get him to start playing again.

aingaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
durojean

I want to make a mea culpa. I went overboard blaming Price ( yet again ). The goalie can't score a goal.

The Habs played a perfect game. Impressed with all of the players. Price had a good 3rd.

I still think that the Crosby goal cut our legs for the 3rd period. It was a momentum shift.

I'd like Therrien to change the lines a little for tommorrow's game. At least put Dumont on the 3rd.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
Some of you guys must have way too many marbles loose in your heads.

Their goalie was better than Price??

The Pens were dominating???

It took a ridiculous laser of a shot to beat Price in this game. And it came from the best player in the world. Absolutely ZERO goalies in the history of time stop this shot.

The Habs dominated this game through and through. However, the inability to get the bounces go their way (Ryder somehow missing two sure goals was baffling). These games happen. After seeing this, I have no reason to think the Habs can't hang with the best of them.

But the biggest head scratcher is to continually put Bouillon/Gorges on the PP. Wtf is that?? It hasn't done **** all season long and pretty much kills the PP every time it happens.

This needs to stop.

Otherwise great game, but no finish.
Yeah at this point I think I'd rather see Emelin given a fair shot on the PP. Love Gorges, but he's dreadful with a puck on his stick.

Lionel Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
1 goal difference, their goalie were betters then ours. 1 weak goal by Price
I want to single out the ridiculousness of this post

A weak goal is now a perfect shot by the best player in the world on a breakaway

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Your have ZERO idea about this game dude...we dominated most of the game...Ryder has two posts... We can compete with anyone.
I watch the whole game and yes we dominated but pittsburgh is still a better team

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Pacioretty had 7 shots. Most on the team.

You might have a point if he didnt have a shot.

Or was 33% on the faceoffs like one of our centers was.
Of those 7 shots, do you remember any to be a good scoring chance? I certainly don't.

aingaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Until we get some big strong talented power forward like a Christopher Kunitz, or a talented gritty hard nosed rugged winger like Kennedy.. I don't know dude..
Lol the pens fans are willing to give away Kennedy for free.

Plus Kunitz is playing with the best player in the world i take Paciorretty 10 times before him put patches with Crosby and see what happens.

Sadly we didn't suck enough for the nhl to give us 4 top 3 pick so we can rebuild our team.
No credit is due to this team for having Crosby and Malkin they were given to them.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Bergy (Michel) is such an idiot (not a new thing). Criticizing having Halpern on at the end rather than DD who was AWFUL all night. Even if DD was good, I would still put Halpern in that spot. As if Halpern is a scrub that can't score. DD isn't exactly tearing it up. Patch either.

Glad the others are at least questioning his judgement.

Habs played great. Pens goalies were good enough. We got unlucky. Crosby happens.

Oh yeah, and Price was awesome. I think he should start tomorrow even though previously I thought Budaj deserved it.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
I want to make a mea culpa. I went overboard blaming Price ( yet again ). The goalie can't score a goal.

The Habs played a perfect game. Impressed with all of the players. Price had a good 3rd.

I still think that the Crosby goal cut our legs for the 3rd period. It was a momentum shift.

I'd like Therrien to change the lines a little for tommorrow's game. At least put Dumont on the 3rd.
Same here, i am hard on Price, cause i think he could become so much better.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:55 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

The key game is tomorrow...number 1 or number 2 does it really matter in the playoff seeding ...your going to play a team seeded 7th or 8th and probably within a point of each other...same difference.
Now lose to the Bruins and come in 4th and play the 5th seeded team...different story

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AllanMTL46

Wow, calm down guys. Geez.

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

For the love of everything sacred, can y'all stop quoting him? I don't even want to reference him by his username anymore. Gah.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
We lost this game 1-0 and this guy is questioning our defensive defenseman contract.

Holy ****..

I'm not blaming Gorges. But he's on the 2nd wave of the PP with Bouillion and has not been good. So.. when I look at his other flaws, I wonder why he is being paid so handsomely. 4M over 6 years for a Dman who...blocks shots, is good in the locker room and...what else? I like him too. I just liked him when he didn't make that much money.

Old
DJ Breadman

Prust gives this team energy need him back

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Kunitz is 6-0, 193 who plays physical and has a great shot who is fortunate to ride shot gun with Crosby.

I would love him on Montreal but he is more a second line player who Crosby made into a first liner. He is far from big and talented power forward.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Why the hell was Coke after Gionta?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:57 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Bergy (Michel) is such an idiot (not a new thing). Criticizing having Halpern on at the end rather than DD who was AWFUL all night. Even if DD was good, I would still put Halpern in that spot. As if Halpern is a scrub that can't score. DD isn't exactly tearing it up. Patch either.

Glad the others are at least questioning his judgement.

Habs played great. Pens goalies were good enough. We got unlucky. Crosby happens.
Are you really surprised?