HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League 2013 Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 12:32 PM
  #876
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
We currently have the same amount of ROW's as Anaheim.

Had we been able to beat Vancouver and Dallas like we should have, we'd only be 6 points behind them right now.
Sometimes it's like the team know they don't HAVE to win a particular game.

Ollie Weeks is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:05 PM
  #877
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,948
vCash: 500
Especially those two losses vs Dallas hurts. You win and you lose, but we should have won those.

Frolov 6'3 is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:53 PM
  #878
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Sometimes it's like the team know they don't HAVE to win a particular game.
Could also be a case of the Kings getting teams "best games" ever game. Lot of motivation to beat the champs. But yeah I partly think it's what you say as well, the Kings have been laying eggs against weak teams for too many years now for it to not be part of that as well.

tigermask48 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 06:31 PM
  #879
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
We currently have the same amount of ROW's as Anaheim.

Had we been able to beat Vancouver and Dallas like we should have, we'd only be 6 points behind them right now.
...and with 2 more game against them. I still think we can catch them, but it's not going to be easy and we'll need a bit of luck.

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:17 PM
  #880
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,403
vCash: 500
The Flyers have Zero defense.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:19 PM
  #881
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The Flyers have Zero defense.
Seriously. I thought the Rangers were on the powerplay on that sequence that led to a goal, but nope, they were at even strength.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:20 PM
  #882
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,403
vCash: 500
The Flyers are headed for a top Five pick, if they keep this up.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:31 PM
  #883
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,633
vCash: 500
Lavi is done. Torts will be too if they don't make the playoffs. You know what will hit the fan this offseason in Philly.

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:32 PM
  #884
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The Flyers are headed for a top Five pick, if they keep this up.
And I'm sure they'll use it to get another center that reminds them of Mike Richards

But the only reason that the Flyers defense is no good is because Pronger got hurt. Not because they have no decent defensive prospects or because they scoop all their defensive help out of the bottom of the barrell. It's cause Pronger's not there.

jml87 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
  #885
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,788
vCash: 500
Awards:
The Flyers have a leadership problem.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:48 PM
  #886
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,633
vCash: 500
Richards is roaring back

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:51 PM
  #887
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,403
vCash: 500
That's why you wear a Visor. How many times has Simmer taken pucks off his face now ? three times ?

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:52 PM
  #888
scramble91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
And I'm sure they'll use it to get another center that reminds them of Mike Richards

But the only reason that the Flyers defense is no good is because Pronger got hurt. Not because they have no decent defensive prospects or because they scoop all their defensive help out of the bottom of the barrell. It's cause Pronger's not there.
From all the Philly games I watched this season, it's not all the dcorps that is terrible. The forwards don't support them enough with the proper spacing. It causes all sorts of issues in the dZone because the forwards are looking to take off instead of break out as a unit. I think their system and non defensive minded forwards is what hurts them the most. Just my observation.

Opposite of the rangers who just collapse around the net and block a lot of shots....

scramble91 is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:54 PM
  #889
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,403
vCash: 500
The Flyers are getting Killed. They are well on their way to a Top pick and coach firing.

They need a Sutter type wake up call.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:59 PM
  #890
palffytofrovlov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
I guess the Kings wont be getting a 3rd round draft pick for Gagne

palffytofrovlov is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:00 PM
  #891
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,285
vCash: 500
It's too bad the Flyers won't be a playoff team. That would've meant a 3rd round pick for the Kings for Simon Gagne.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
  #892
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It's too bad the Flyers won't be a playoff team. That would've meant a 3rd round pick for the Kings for Simon Gagne.
but we get to see offseason comedy from their front office.

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:38 PM
  #893
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,479
vCash: 500
The Flyers have one goal in their last ten third periods, and the Rangers are 67-0-3 since 2010 when leading after two periods, does anyone think the Flyers are coming back tonight?


Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 03-26-2013 at 09:49 PM.
ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
  #894
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Damn, for all the Flyers trouble, they are getting some incredible puck luck. First goal off Simmonds skate, second goal off Voracek's face, lol.

jml87 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:57 PM
  #895
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Maybe the flyers will hire terry Murray.

Sydor25 is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:05 PM
  #896
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Maybe the flyers will hire terry Murray.
I think he is working for their AHL affiliate.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:32 PM
  #897
SCARFACE909
Registered User
 
SCARFACE909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 967
vCash: 500
Thanks Edmonton for beating St. Louis 3-0!

SCARFACE909 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:34 PM
  #898
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Maybe the flyers will hire terry Murray.
Terry would actually help them. They would learn a structured Defense.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:40 PM
  #899
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Terry would actually help them. They would learn a structured Defense.
And lose any bit of creativity and not score.

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:41 PM
  #900
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,285
vCash: 500
I'm ****ing sick and tired of this stupid Bud Light commercial with the hipster. What kind of ********* says "here we go"? Sorry, had to vent.

Bring back Pitbull!

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.