HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is a Goal? Habs Lose 1-0

Old
03-26-2013, 08:57 PM
TonyRockyHorror

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
They didn't have Malkin...
Exactly. it seemed like you took comfort in the fact that a much better team beat us tonight. The only thing they had better than us tonight is Crosby.

TonyRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
The key game is tomorrow...number 1 or number 2 does it really matter in the playoff seeding ...your going to play a team seeded 7th or 8th and probably within a point of each other...same difference.
Now lose to the Bruins and come in 4th and play the 5th seeded team...different story
We may as well aim for the 6th place and play the southeast team.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
Of those 7 shots, do you remember any to be a good scoring chance? I certainly don't.
That's hockey. You shoot the puck at the net and the goalie tries to block the shot.

Flower and Vokoun were on their game tonight.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

Not sure what game most of the posters were watching but the Habs outplayed the Pens for most of the game. Their speed both on the forecheck and backcheck was incredible. We need a player that can finish with Eller/Gally which could be Prust or Bourque. Need Diaz back or find an experienced dman. Too soon for Tinordi. Another dman would not hurt down the stretch. If we skate and work like we did tonight, we can beat any team. Hope we have something left for tomorrow as the Bruins will have to run all kinds of interference to keep up.

1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ottawa

vCash: 69
I think people are making a bigger deal out of this game than they should...the better team lost, it happens but I'm not disappointed with the overall effort at the end of the night (except for the off few players, namely Patches, Gionta and Desharnais). If anything we should be angry with the habs for losing not once but twice to Buffalo within a week, those are valuable points we should have gotten. The habs better win all the games they should win (against lower tier teams) and only lose games that they deserved to win (like tonight) rather than losing games because they didn't play to win, let's go into the playoffs by winning as many games as we can during this last stretch, momentum can carry any team far until a team figures out how to break it (chicago this year, 4 losses in last 7 or the habs in 09 when we met the Flyers)

Respeck
RESPECK MY NAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I call bull, sorry. Patches, like Price, shouldn't be immune from criticism. He should get dropped in the lineup way before Desharnais.

Desharnais isn't making much happen out there, but Patches doing literally nothing but fumble every play and lose every battle isn't going to cut it for our big power forward.
Promoting Eller or Galchenyuk to second line centre in place of Desharnais makes more sense than demoting Paciorety for one of bottom six plug wingers like Moen or Armstrong.

Both players deserve criticism but I have more faith in Pacioretty rebounding with new linemates than I do with Desharnais, regardless they need to be split up ASAP..

Respeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:58 PM
StellerEller
Neednewname:(

vCash: 351
-Get Gio, Gorges off the PP
-Replace them with Eller/Galch & Emelin

-Break up the DD line for now
-Start working on cleaner chances and better positioning for rebound goals
-Pray that at least Prust is back soon

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:58 PM
teh doors
ice hockey fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Until we get some big strong talented power forward like a Christopher Kunitz, or a talented gritty hard nosed rugged winger like Kennedy.. I don't know dude..
You mean like Rene Bourque and Brandon Prust?

teh doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:59 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Pleks and Halpern's lines played great, and Price played fantastic. Another game of nothingness by DD and Patches. Either way, holding the Pens within one goal is an accomplishment in my eyes.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Bergy (Michel) is such an idiot (not a new thing). Criticizing having Halpern on at the end rather than DD who was AWFUL all night. Even if DD was good, I would still put Halpern in that spot. As if Halpern is a scrub that can't score. DD isn't exactly tearing it up. Patch either.

Glad the others are at least questioning his judgement.

Habs played great. Pens goalies were good enough. We got unlucky. Crosby happens.

Oh yeah, and Price was awesome. I think he should start tomorrow even though previously I thought Budaj deserved it.
Agreed. Halpern owned the faceoff circle tonight, while DD was good on the draw against Crosby but useless everywhere else. Frankly, Eller and Galchenyuk were our best chance to tie the game, alongside Plekanec and Ryder. All four looked dangerous at any given time. The rest? Inconsistent to useless. Subban had a good game on the defensive side though. Markov is good, but not great.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Tough loss.. The Habs played a very good game but no finish.. I expect a similar result tomorrow night against a much better defensive Bruins team.
Don't count on it. We're out two key D-men (Boychuk & McQuaid), Ference has struggled this season and Hamilton's rookie-hood is most evident in his own end (offensively he's been a treat, mind you). Chara and Seidenberg still hold down the fort, and our forwards can be fierce on the neutral zone backcheck, but I expect your forwards plus Markov & Subban will get their chances.

BTW your game vs PIT was reminiscent of ours against them not too long ago. I know how frustrating those are. Here's to a great game tomorrow. Sounds like both teams are in need of a rousing match to get the old adrenaline going again.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I call bull, sorry. Patches, like Price, shouldn't be immune from criticism. He should get dropped in the lineup way before Desharnais.

Desharnais isn't making much happen out there, but Patches doing literally nothing but fumble every play and lose every battle isn't going to cut it for our big power forward.
1. Leads team in points.
2. Regularly gets shots to the net when in the offensive zone. Among the league leaders.
3. Only big body in the top 6.

One of the few forwards on the team that contribute without putting up actual stats...which he does. No way he is 'way' below Desharnais when it comes to being dropped in the lineup.

That line is so overrated and awful defensively.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Apoplectic Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRockyHorror View Post
Exactly. it seemed like you took comfort in the fact that a much better team beat us tonight. The only thing they had better than us tonight is Crosby.
pffft, thats all. They only had Crosby over Montreal tonight

Apoplectic Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Until we get some big strong talented power forward like a Christopher Kunitz, or a talented gritty hard nosed rugged winger like Kennedy.. I don't know dude..
Huh?

Big? Strong? Power Forward? Kunitz?

are you on drugs? The guy is below average NHL size and ridining shotgun with Crosby.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Fatioretty and DDelicious once again were soff as butter. I swear, WE SHOULD PUT ALL OF OUR BAD APPLES IN ONE LINE instead of spreading the trash. That means, Patches-DDelicious-Gionta. If a line is going to kill plays and suck, it should be only infecting one line, not two.

SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I'm not blaming Gorges. But he's on the 2nd wave of the PP with Bouillion and has not been good. So.. when I look at his other flaws, I wonder why he is being paid so handsomely. 4M over 6 years for a Dman who...blocks shots, is good in the locker room and...what else? I like him too. I just liked him when he didn't make that much money.
He's more of a 3M$ guy but I really don't see why we are discussing about Gorges in a game that we lost 1-0. He played his game and was not factor in this game, why are we discussing about him.

And yeah, I have no idea why he's on the PP, I rather have Eller on the point than having Gorges or Bouillon on the PP.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:00 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Am I the only one not on panic mode?

We dominated tonight, I expect us to finish 4th, we will lose some game and that's it.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:01 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why the hell was Coke after Gionta?
Fleury got hit in the head by a Pens player while Gionta was in the crease. They blamed Gionta.

And no one stood up for the Captain of the Canadiens. In essence, the C doesnt really stand for much these days other than a letter on a sweater.

The life was sucked from the Habs. That was a terrible power play and the rest of the 3rd Period was sad to watch.

It might be ugly tomorrow night against the Bruins.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post

We dominated tonight, I expect us to finish 4th, we will lose some game and that's it.
Pretty much. The only difference was a ridiculous shot by the best player in the world. Not much to panic about.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
teh doors
ice hockey fan

We need the equivelant of a Halpern on D.. cheap steady vet, not sure who that player is. With J-Bo playing with PK this team would be great but we know that's not going to happen..

What does MB do? The team needs one more capable defenceman.. Regehr? Buffalo did lost tonight..

Maybe Klesla from Phoenix? I have no idea

teh doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Out East

Not sure how many of you remember the series in 1993 when we went down 2 games to nothing against the Nords. Before game 3 the team was told "Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll have nothing to worry about." They went on to win the next four straight. The sniper? Paul Dipietro. Hockey is a game of bounces. There is no guarantee who will win any one game but if you keep playing right you'll win most of them. Habs played arguably the best team on the league tonight and handily outplayed them. Loving Halpern. Hope the other guys make it back before the playoffs. Sucks to lose but this is a good team!!!

Out East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why the hell was Coke after Gionta?
My guess is that they are blaming Gionta for injuring Fleury.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:03 PM
StellerEller
Neednewname:(

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post

I'm not panicking, but I do worry about MTs PP decisions and his refusal to shake up the lines.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:03 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Promoting Eller or Galchenyuk to second line centre in place of Desharnais makes more sense than demoting Paciorety for one of bottom six plug wingers like Moen or Armstrong.

Both players deserve criticism but I have more faith in Pacioretty rebounding with new linemates than I do with Desharnais, regardless they need to be split up ASAP..
Eller was 33% on faceoffs tonight.

The closest center to him was Desharnais at 56%, Pleks at 58%, Halpern at 61% and Dumont at 67%.

No reason to move Eller up when he is not winning faceoffs.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Eller was 33% on faceoffs tonight.

The closest center to him was Desharnais at 56%, Pleks at 58%, Halpern at 61% and Dumont at 67%.

No reason to move Eller up when he is not winning faceoffs.
Try Galchenyuk then, who plays better at centre anyway. We need our best player scoring and DD certainly isn't going to help Patches right now.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote