HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens contracts for 2013-14

Old
03-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Senateurs
Let's win it all

vCash: 500
I think they let Condra go.

I like the guy but you have to let a body go at one point. There's going to be guys pushing for a spot like Da Costa, Stone, Noesen, Hoffman and guys like Kassian and Dziurzynski who will be in and out of the line up.

We will probably going to try to get a top 6 player as well. Are we simply letting Latendresse walk and replace him with a better UFA?

Michalek-Spezza-top 6
Greening-Turris-Alfi
??????-Zibs-Silfverberg
Job-Smith-Neil

It's too bad but I would let him go.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Larionov

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Can Noesen, Puempel, and Ceci go back to the OHL?
They could, as they are all 1993 birthdays, but at this stage in their development playing an overage year in the OHL is of no value. They need to start playing pro hockey, which means Bingo.

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 12:27 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post

I like the guy but you have to let a body go at one point. There's going to be guys pushing for a spot like Da Costa, Stone, Noesen, Hoffman and guys like Kassian and Dziurzynski who will be in and out of the line up.

We will probably going to try to get a top 6 player as well. Are we simply letting Latendresse walk and replace him with a better UFA?

Michalek-Spezza-top 6
Greening-Turris-Alfi
??????-Zibs-Silfverberg
Job-Smith-Neil

Hate to break it to you, but Alfie will be gone. The year after, Michalek and Greening will be UFAs. Stone, Noeson, and Puempel will need time in Bingo... I don't see the squeeze.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:

Michalek-Spezza-top 6
Greening-Turris-Alfi
??????-Zibs-Silfverberg
Job-Smith-Neil

JOB will be let go before Condra, that I can guarantee you

05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:26 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

Michalek-Spezza-top 6
Greening-Turris-Alfi
??????-Zibs-Silfverberg
Job-Smith-Neil

I sort of agree with you & have said as much before but I'm not sure when. I thought maybe they could package him in a quantity for quality trade at the deadline but I'm not so sure they will now. I too think that Stone at some point next season will take his 3rd line RW job & I could see Noesen also make the roster within another yr or two which could be around the time Alfie retires. Condra is an excellent defensive forward but I think Murray wants to get bigger, tougher & add more scoring something that hopefully Stone & Noesen can bring on RW.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:10 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

i kinda agree on what mak is saying in regards to regin.

i think he's a good player with wheels, skills, and hockey smarts that is buried in our depth. if he's not on the team next year, i hope it's because we moved him for an asset, because i think he can shine (two way skilled 3rd line center) if given the chance. as i posted in the trade thread, i think he can be part of a deal for glencross if calgary gets some pro scouts to watch some games. a change of scenery might do him good.

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Senateurs
Let's win it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Hate to break it to you, but Alfie will be gone. The year after, Michalek and Greening will be UFAs. Stone, Noeson, and Puempel will need time in Bingo... I don't see the squeeze.
The players I listed will be pushing for a spot. They are not all going to make the team but you want to have 4-5 guys fighting for the F12, F13 spot.

We don't know if Latendresse signs an extension and if we make a move for a UFA or a trade.

And finally, where is the confirmation Alfi is gone next year? That guy is not ready to retire.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:04 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

I say we add in at least 2 big pieces heading into next year.

Hard to say what they are with the broad range of possibilities.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I say we add in at least 2 big pieces heading into next year.

Hard to say what they are with the broad range of possibilities.
Spezza and Karlsson.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Canuckman44

Quote:

Michalek-Spezza-top 6
Greening-Turris-Alfi
??????-Zibs-Silfverberg
Job-Smith-Neil

I dont see Decosta beating out Condra. Decosta has good moves but Condra is better for 3/4 of the game especially the defensive part. with the other youngsters coming in I see Condra more dependable long term.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:46 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
I dont see Decosta beating out Condra. Decosta has good moves but Condra is better for 3/4 of the game especially the defensive part. with the other youngsters coming in I see Condra more dependable long term.
as someone said, job will go before condra. i could even see greening go before condra. condra is severely underrated by some posters here.

God Says No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

One of the problems making trades is that we may have the prospects who have the potential to be the kind of players this team needs. Stone may not quite be there yet but he has the potential to be the power forward we seek. Ceci has the potential to be the top 4 defenceman some on here think Ottawa needs. In fact, if Gonchar were to accept a one yr contract it would be with the hope that Ceci would be ready after a yr in Bingo to replace Gonchar. Hoffman has the speed & skill to be a top 6 forward but needs to work on his defefensive play. Of course, the other side of this is, if we have too many prospects we may not have enough salary to reach the cap floor.

A quantity for quality trade is what is needed to open up some space, therefore, I would like to trade Regin, Condra & Lundin to Florida for Shawn Mathias.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

One less RFA we have to worry about in Daugs

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
source

Quote:
The players I listed will be pushing for a spot. They are not all going to make the team but you want to have 4-5 guys fighting for the F12, F13 spot.

We don't know if Latendresse signs an extension and if we make a move for a UFA or a trade.

And finally, where is the confirmation Alfi is gone next year? That guy is not ready to retire.
At some point older players tend to swallow their pride, rather than take the Brett Hull route.

And we need to keep players like Condra. He is an elite (yes) bottom six forward, and these guys tend not to be churned out of farm teams on a regular basis. Just because our farm team is unbelievable right now, doesn't mean we can rely on it as a source of cheap and effective bottom 6 players forever.

source is offline   Reply With Quote