HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What is a Goal? Habs Lose 1-0

Old
03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Am I the only one not on panic mode?

We dominated tonight, I expect us to finish 4th, we will lose some game and that's it.
Can't complain with the effort tonight for the most part.. Just no finish. A loss to the Bruins tomorrow and I expect the panic to really escalate around here though.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Agreed. Halpern owned the faceoff circle tonight, while DD was good on the draw against Crosby but useless everywhere else. Frankly, Eller and Galchenyuk were our best chance to tie the game, alongside Plekanec and Ryder. All four looked dangerous at any given time. The rest? Inconsistent to useless. Subban had a good game on the defensive side though. Markov is good, but not great.
Most of the game I was texting my friend to update him and going on about how Eller's line was the most dangerous. Towards the end Chucky dropped off, but for most of the time Eller, Chucky and whoever was on their line (mostly Armstrong, at times Gallagher and Dumont) were dominant. Chucky is now tossing guys and using his size. I wish they would get just a little more ice time, but not complaining too much. As an armchair coach, I would put Eller as the extra skater or if we are down, switch Gionta with either Eller (even if it's wing), Gally or maybe even Chucky.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:06 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Eller was 33% on faceoffs tonight.

The closest center to him was Desharnais at 56%, Pleks at 58%, Halpern at 61% and Dumont at 67%.

No reason to move Eller up when he is not winning faceoffs.
Even when Desharnais wins a faceoff he loses the puck in a battle or he blows the zone giving the defense nowhere to pass to and we end up losing control of the puck.. If Eller loses a faceoff he can at least get the puck back unlike Desharnais

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Craig71

We did not dominate this game. Most of our shots came with little or no traffic in front, Pittsburgh just cruised through this game sitting back and not making mistakes and got a goal from the best player in the game just when they needed it. Price played solid and was in no way the reason for our loss, I don't know how anyone could blame him. We are a small team and in games like this one you need some size and gritty players to do the dirty work to create scoring chances for the skilled guys. Until we find a balance between skill and size/grit we will often lose games like this one. The Pens have it all and you need it all to be considered a contender in the NHL. On to the slaughter house we go.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out East View Post
Not sure how many of you remember the series in 1993 when we went down 2 games to nothing against the Nords. Before game 3 the team was told "Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll have nothing to worry about." They went on to win the next four straight. The sniper? Paul Dipietro. Hockey is a game of bounces. There is no guarantee who will win any one game but if you keep playing right you'll win most of them. Habs played arguably the best team on the league tonight and handily outplayed them. Loving Halpern. Hope the other guys make it back before the playoffs. Sucks to lose but this is a good team!!!
Great, insightful post.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:08 PM
hogtownhabsfan

One of those Ryder posts go in and noone is complaining.

hogtownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Rosso Scuderia

lol Bergy was about to say another stupid thing (bashing Eller) and Damphousse jumped right in to stop him.

Bergeron is really a moron who always contradicts himself. Still remember that he want to trade PK when were playing well without PK saying we don't need him and when PK joined the team and played great, he said we need PK so bad blablabla...

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
My guess is that they are blaming Gionta for injuring Fleury.
Yup, absolutely they are. That's why Cooke went after him. Total bs. I hope they watch that replay again. Gio did nothing. I bet the leaf fans will be having a love fest with the pens fans to put Gio on a stake. Idiots.

Old
freezie

Did we hit anyone tonight ? They swarmed us at every chance .

freezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shutehinside

Agreed. It's hard to be upset when they did everything right but score. 3 posts!?

They played well and deserved better but that's dem bounces.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:10 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out East View Post
Not sure how many of you remember the series in 1993 when we went down 2 games to nothing against the Nords. Before game 3 the team was told "Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll have nothing to worry about." They went on to win the next four straight. The sniper? Paul Dipietro. Hockey is a game of bounces. There is no guarantee who will win any one game but if you keep playing right you'll win most of them. Habs played arguably the best team on the league tonight and handily outplayed them. Loving Halpern. Hope the other guys make it back before the playoffs. Sucks to lose but this is a good team!!!
Best post of the night!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Eller was 33% on faceoffs tonight.

The closest center to him was Desharnais at 56%, Pleks at 58%, Halpern at 61% and Dumont at 67%.

No reason to move Eller up when he is not winning faceoffs.
Playing much better is already enough to move up, especially when DD is just terrible lately.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Habs are good but I don't think our young guys are ready to take on top teams like this. In two years from now guys like Tinordi and Chucky and so forth will be ready.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
1. Leads team in points.
2. Regularly gets shots to the net when in the offensive zone. Among the league leaders.
3. Only big body in the top 6.

One of the few forwards on the team that contribute without putting up actual stats...which he does. No way he is 'way' below Desharnais when it comes to being dropped in the lineup.

That line is so overrated and awful defensively.
You're missing my point - I'm saying that Patches warrants a drop in the lineup more than Davey based on recent play. It won't happen of course, but points #1 and #2 have become moot recently, and as for #3...I noticed both him and DD shied away from a lot of contact along the boards tonight. Maybe it's just me.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Andy

3 posts. Dominated the game. Crap happens. Can't win em all.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Bergy (Michel) is such an idiot (not a new thing). Criticizing having Halpern on at the end rather than DD who was AWFUL all night. Even if DD was good, I would still put Halpern in that spot. As if Halpern is a scrub that can't score. DD isn't exactly tearing it up. Patch either.

Glad the others are at least questioning his judgement.

Habs played great. Pens goalies were good enough. We got unlucky. Crosby happens.

Oh yeah, and Price was awesome. I think he should start tomorrow even though previously I thought Budaj deserved it.
Bergie hated the decision for the Habs to get Halpern, that's why. He hates fourth liners.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
One of those Ryder posts go in and noone is complaining.
yupp...or one of the excellent pp chances where the goalie made an unreal save.

honestly, I expected the pens to be much better. If I learned anything tonight, I wouldn't be upset to play against the pens in the playoffs and actually think we could win if healthy, and players are clicking. they played a perfect road game most nights, puck just didn't go in.

at the same time, if pucks don't start finding the net this team will lose all the confidence it has gain. Our d, mostly markov and subban can log big minutes when needed come playoff time. I do not mind losing the game on the back of the habs two best players...

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 518
DD is playing so terribly for such a long time that I'm losing patience with him.

thaivuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:23 PM
sheed36

Just saw the replay of MAF getting hurt.. Gio didn't touch him.. It's was that ugly **** Tyler Kennedy who hit him.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
You're missing my point - I'm saying that Patches warrants a drop in the lineup more than Davey based on recent play. It won't happen of course, but points #1 and #2 have become moot recently, and as for #3...I noticed both him and DD shied away from a lot of contact along the boards tonight. Maybe it's just me.
No it hasn't...Pacioretty is tied for most points among Habs forwards in the past week. He finds ways to put the puck on net no matter if he's producing or not, ie. 14 shots last 2 games. He's playing poorly but I don't understand the rationale of saying he warrants a drop way more than DD.

That whole line is carried by Gallagher...and the only player on that line that has clicked with him on goals/plays is Pacioretty (look at the goals from the line and who's directly involved). Defensively, it is easily the worst out of the top 3 line. With Halpern, perhaps even the top 4th line now. The mythical chemistry between DD and Pacioretty is no more...time for a change.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

lol you guys are so mad.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

The team is playing too peripheral....not enough jam. Prust can't come back soon enough, hopefully his play will wake Moen the **** up...because his 1 hit and no fights per game is getting ridiculous.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
As much as I hate to say this Patches has brought less to the table than DD over the last little while (since MaxPac stopped scoring).

Sure DD will lose most battles, at least he's not like MaxPac floating around.

MaxPac is worse defensively than DD (that's saying a lot).

MaxPac needs to be benched or put on the 3rd, 4th line to try to get him to start playing again.
Yup, MaxPac needs to be better defensively. That line needs him to be. I hope the coaches are talking to him about that. Look at his last 10 games. Lots of minus'. He's been pretty lazy defensively and offensively, he's more and more a perimeter player.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why the hell was Coke after Gionta?
Probably because he's the choice of a new generation...

Sorry, had to be done.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Impossible Glory

If we lose tomorrow, no matter how we play, I predict that Tank Nation will make a huge comeback...

Impossible Glory is offline   Reply With Quote