HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 09:38 PM
  #226
SuchySays
Registered User
 
SuchySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poconos
Country: United States
Posts: 2,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buff View Post
Luke can't be a top 4... is overated and the Leafs anderstood that...
looks like a top 4 defender to me.

SuchySays is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:40 PM
  #227
MW6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Halland
Country: Sweden
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
Coburn-Green
Timmonen-Meszaros
Grossman-Schenn

Looks pretty solid to me?

What would you offer for Mike Green? And I'm not talking about the one-dimensional injury prone Mike Green from a couple of years ago, I'm talking about the Mike Green that's improved his defense a lot and still can both move and skate the puck out of his own zone with ease.

MW6 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:41 PM
  #228
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buff View Post
Luke can't be a top 4... is overated and the Leafs anderstood that...
You understand that age is a thing right?

orange is better is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:42 PM
  #229
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Do you really think he's that ****ing stupid? No, I'm seriously asking this.
You think he could get Valeri Zelepukin and Paul Ranheim's helmet?

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:46 PM
  #230
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buff View Post
In my dream... I want to see a real cleanup ... so i'm talking about Coburn, Bryzgalov, Schenn brothers, Leighton and Boucher, Timonen, Briere of course..., Mezsaros, the coach, the GM, the owner... all out !!! I'm tired....
Quote:
Originally Posted by buff View Post
Luke can't be a top 4... is overated and the Leafs anderstood that...
You sound like a typical WIP caller.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:48 PM
  #231
Rocky Raccoon
Registered User
 
Rocky Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
I hate the idea of trading away young talent. Hate it. Couturier should be one of the untouchables. You drafted him in the top 10 two years ago and he's already shown flashes of brilliance.

Rocky Raccoon is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:48 PM
  #232
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
How about Coburn, 2nd for what's left of Keith Primeau's brains and Darien Hatcher's knees

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:50 PM
  #233
Rocky Raccoon
Registered User
 
Rocky Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Center, two-way play, 20 years old and so on and has a lot more to grow into, yeah, he is worth a lot.
And this is exactly why you DO NOT TRADE HIM.

Rocky Raccoon is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:50 PM
  #234
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
I hate the idea of trading away young talent. Hate it. Couturier should be one of the untouchables. You drafted him in the top 10 two years ago and he's already shown flashes of brilliance.
I don't mind moving Couts under one condition, we get a top end forward in this draft. Mackinnon, Drouin, or Barkov are all supposed to be elite talent, and probably could step right into the NHL. If we have one of them and slot them into our 3C we have a major blue chip trade piece. Couts could help us get a young top end defender. Who that defender is? Not so sure right now.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:50 PM
  #235
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Do you really think he's that ****ing stupid? No, I'm seriously asking this.
and yes I do. Very much so

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:50 PM
  #236
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Coburn-Green
Timmonen-Meszaros
Grossman-Schenn

Looks pretty solid to me?

What would you offer for Mike Green? And I'm not talking about the one-dimensional injury prone Mike Green from a couple of years ago, I'm talking about the Mike Green that's improved his defense a lot and still can both move and skate the puck out of his own zone with ease.
what do you want?

achdumeingute is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:52 PM
  #237
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,877
vCash: 500
If Coburn is made available, I think he could fetch a pretty nice package on the trade market. Look at the defenseman that get traded for 2nd rounders, he will get us a top prospect and top pick if on the market. The team that gets him also would have him for 3 more years, which increases his value(I don't think it decreases it).

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:53 PM
  #238
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Coburn-Green
Timmonen-Meszaros
Grossman-Schenn

Looks pretty solid to me?

What would you offer for Mike Green? And I'm not talking about the one-dimensional injury prone Mike Green from a couple of years ago, I'm talking about the Mike Green that's improved his defense a lot and still can both move and skate the puck out of his own zone with ease.
Meszaros should not be part of any plans for next season. He is a huge injury risk, and plays like he's injured. One of Meszaros or Briere have to get well enough to be traded so the other can get bought out, and the Flyers still have the 2014 buyout in case Bryzgalov doesn't get his poop together.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:55 PM
  #239
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
If Coburn is made available, I think he could fetch a pretty nice package on the trade market. Look at the defenseman that get traded for 2nd rounders, he will get us a top prospect and top pick if on the market. The team that gets him also would have him for 3 more years, which increases his value(I don't think it decreases it).
True. Coburn could even be traded to a team that is not necessarily a cup contender this year because he can contribute for a few more years. He has a lot of playoff experience playing in he top fourwhich I would think would be valued around the league

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
  #240
Rocky Raccoon
Registered User
 
Rocky Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I don't mind moving Couts under one condition, we get a top end forward in this draft. Mackinnon, Drouin, or Barkov are all supposed to be elite talent, and probably could step right into the NHL. If we have one of them and slot them into our 3C we have a major blue chip trade piece. Couts could help us get a young top end defender. Who that defender is? Not so sure right now.
There are other ways to get a good defenseman. Trading away a 20 year old kid who has all the ability in the world is not something I will get behind.

I'm all for getting better defense here, but not at the expense of young talent.

Rocky Raccoon is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:57 PM
  #241
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
There are other ways to get a good defenseman. Trading away a 20 year old kid who has all the ability in the world is not something I will get behind.

I'm all for getting better defense here, but not at the expense of young talent.
Where do you expect to get this player from then? It is extremely rare #1 defenders hit the market via free agency. We have to trade young potential players to get a young potential defender. You have to give to get here, we won't get a big time player coming back unless we include our young talent.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:58 PM
  #242
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 20,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
True. Coburn could even be traded to a team that is not necessarily a cup contender this year because he can contribute for a few more years. He has a lot of playoff experience playing in he top fourwhich I would think would be valued around the league
Columbus for 1 of their 1sts and a D prospect ?

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
  #243
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
There are other ways to get a good defenseman.
How?

Jack de la Hoya is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
  #244
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
True. Coburn could even be traded to a team that is not necessarily a cup contender this year because he can contribute for a few more years. He has a lot of playoff experience playing in he top fourwhich I would think would be valued around the league
Carolina, Toronto, St Louis, Ottawa are all options I would explore. They are all in need of another top ten and have the ability to throw some picks our way because of their talent pools

Detroit, Columbus shoot I feel like I can go on and on. When a player like Coburn is on the market, he will get a premium. Alost every team will be interested.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
  #245
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Columbus for 1 of their 1sts and a D prospect ?
Which D prospect? Obviously not Murray, so Moore, Savard, Goloubef?

Jack de la Hoya is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:02 PM
  #246
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Which D prospect? Obviously not Murray, so Moore, Savard, Goloubef?
For Coburn, moore

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:03 PM
  #247
Rocky Raccoon
Registered User
 
Rocky Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
How?
That's for the GM to figure out.

Rocky Raccoon is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:03 PM
  #248
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 20,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Which D prospect? Obviously not Murray, so Moore, Savard, Goloubef?
All depends which pick too. They have LA's and who's ?

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:04 PM
  #249
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
All depends which pick too. They have LA's and who's ?
They have:
NYR
LA
and theirs


Id send Coburn and Read for a higher first and moore.

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM
  #250
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
There are other ways to get a good defenseman. Trading away a 20 year old kid who has all the ability in the world is not something I will get behind.

I'm all for getting better defense here, but not at the expense of young talent.
id trade couts for fla or cols 2013 first!

If couts is traded, it has to be for a sub 23 year old defender.

achdumeingute is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.