HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is a Goal? Habs Lose 1-0

Old
03-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I ain't even mad.
Me neither. Habs showed up and gave a good effort on the road. With a little bit of luck one of Ryder's chances ends up in the net and then who knows what happens.

These games happen in a regular season to all teams. No one gave the game away either so there's no one to be mad at.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
Anyone think Moen is playing injured? He's a shell of his former self this year.

Not playing physical, timid in the corners and not hard on the puck at all. There has to be something going on, you;d think?

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:42 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 364
Someone said this earlier in here and they are right hockey is a game of bounces. You get some and you don't. If Ryder didn't hit the post in the 1st this would have been a different game. I came into tonight expecting a blowout or a big loss. We lost 1-0 against a hot team. Not bad if I say so myself(not great either but still)

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Great, insightful post.
Comparing the size, strength, toughness and leadership of 93 to this one, is laughable, not insightful.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:53 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
agreed - anyone's game and WE will lose some!! Good road game - would like PRUST + BOURQUE back (and them Malkin I am sure) ...... but we played well ...... why didn't someone take COOKE and beat his head in after molesting Gionta?? Ryder 2-3 posts/crossbars .... good things to take from this game BOYS - quite being Perfectionists - WE R a GOOD TEAM!!

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:58 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Took longer than I thought but the team finally reverted back to what it is.. A team without the ability to score goals in tight games.

Do we ever score late to tie it with the goalie pulled?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:01 PM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Took longer than I thought but the team finally reverted back to what it is.. A team without the ability to score goals in tight games.

The injuries and MTs stubborness with lineups have been the problem. We lack elite forwards and so our success was having 3 #2lines. Though tonight may have been a throwback to the Martin days, I wouldn't go as far as to say we can't score in tight games. We did it against BOS and NJ recently and won both games. Tonight was simply unlucky.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:02 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
The injuries and MTs stubborness with lineups have been the problem. We lack elite forwards and so our success was having 3 #2lines. Though tonight may have been a throwback to the Martin days, I wouldn't go as far as to say we can't score in tight games. We did it against BOS and NJ recently and won both games. Tonight was simply unlucky.
Emelin on the PP.

Gionta and DD off the PP in favor of Eller and Galchenyuk (after scratching Galchenyuk for a game because he needs to see that he has way more time out there than he thinks).

When the goalie is pulled, I don't want to ****ing see Gionta anywhere on the ice. Guy has mush for brains.

And really, 6-on-5 and we don't have one person in front of the net? Patehtic.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:05 PM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

Quote:
Emelin on the PP.

Gionta and DD off the PP in favor of Eller and Galchenyuk (after scratching Galchenyuk for a game because he needs to see that he has way more time out there than he thinks).

When the goalie is pulled, I don't want to ****ing see Gionta anywhere on the ice. Guy has mush for brains.

And really, 6-on-5 and we don't have one person in front of the net? Patehtic.
All valid points. I agree with you, as I said MT is being stubborn. But the main issue is that we could roll 4 lines before and maintain pressure. We can't now and MT hasn't adjusted.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:10 PM
NewHabsEra*

We certainly didnt dominate this game.. we played well defensively but couldnt generate anything offensively, our lines arent clicking well enough.. Pens didnt play their best hockey as well, I think we will get killed tommorow against the Bruins unless Therrien juggle the lines the right way...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:10 PM
durojean

We maintained pressure well for the 2 first period. The third was more of a tie.

We did play well. I just hope those lost won't affect the confidence of the players.

Go Habs Go !

durojean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:14 PM
TonyRockyHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Can't complain with the effort tonight for the most part.. Just no finish. A loss to the Bruins tomorrow and I expect the panic to really escalate around here though.
I agree that we dominated tonight, however the the psychological impact inflicted when you lose games you "should" have won, can catch up to you and weigh down your game in the long run. That's what I'm worried about.

TonyRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Craig71

The last time we won a cup, we did not have the most talented team but we had a good mix of skill and toughess and for most successful winning teams it is still the case. I Hope MB will take us in this direction with his moves in the summer.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:28 PM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
The last time we won a cup, we did not have the most talented team but we had a good mix of skill and toughess and for most successful winning teams it is still the case. I Hope MB will take us in this direction with his moves in the summer.
MB knows we have holes and weaknesses. We need to be patient. This year is only the beginning. Our best players are all going to come from the draft. The Habs management are being smart and letting us develop assets for free. No Doubt MB will do what he believes will improve the team. There's no way any of us can be upset with the results so far, and when you think about how young our core players are, we're only going to get better. Keep the faith, we finally have some stability and backbone leading our team. Go Habs Go

Old
03-26-2013, 11:46 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Anyone think Moen is playing injured? He's a shell of his former self this year.

Not playing physical, timid in the corners and not hard on the puck at all. There has to be something going on, you;d think?
Can't really blame him.

He has enough money to go back to Saskatchewan and live on his farm for the next 300 years.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Tyson

Habs are simply too small and keep getting smaller. This team is a playoff team as is but won't get past the first round with this small, soft team.

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:57 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
No it hasn't...Pacioretty is tied for most points among Habs forwards in the past week. He finds ways to put the puck on net no matter if he's producing or not, ie. 14 shots last 2 games. He's playing poorly but I don't understand the rationale of saying he warrants a drop way more than DD.

That whole line is carried by Gallagher...and the only player on that line that has clicked with him on goals/plays is Pacioretty (look at the goals from the line and who's directly involved). Defensively, it is easily the worst out of the top 3 line. With Halpern, perhaps even the top 4th line now. The mythical chemistry between DD and Pacioretty is no more...time for a change.
Bravo sir, great post.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:04 AM
groovejuice

Quote:

Didn't need to much this year. That, in itself, is a huge improvement.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:29 AM
ChuckieG

I've been watching highlights of our first 12 or so games, and as good as we have been the past month, the depth we had to start the season was incredible. The presence of Bourque with Gionta and Plecky, Prust with the two Gallys, and Diaz on the second wave the PP added an aspect to our team that we are seriously lacking right now. Every line was a threat, every line had a big body, the team just seemed to flow perfectly.

I'm not making the injury excuse, but in 1-0 games like tonight, or 2-1 games like Saturday night, I am sure guys like Bourque, Prust, Diaz make the difference. As of now, I just hope they're ready in time for the PO's, because with them in our lineup I honestly don't think we need to add anything else-the team has enough size, skill and depth to go far.

On a last note, I may sound terrible for saying this, but I actually hoped for the Habs mini slump before PO time. I mean, everything was perfect, and we were winning, but I was honestly scared of having this sort of thing happen for the first time in the post season and nobody knowing how to react. A little adversity is good, as long as the team reacts well to it-which I'm sure they will.

ChuckieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:35 AM
poetryinmotion

No point to get mad about this game.

Instead fantasize about Galchenyuk being 2 years older.

..wat

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 139
Can MT leave Subban and Markov for the full 2 min on that PP... Please!!!

Nicko999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Can MT leave Subban and Markov for the full 2 min on that PP... Please!!!
Or put Emelin there at least.

He could also remove Desharnais from it, he didn't produce much on the PP lately.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:11 AM
bib
#believe

We certainly had the Pens on their heels.

I'll put 500 on the Pens not winning the cup.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:37 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Think how much better our PP would be if we had Diaz and Emelin on our 2nd wave.

Adding Bourque and Prust will be just too good. If by some miracle we can go into the playoffs with a healthy lineup we will be a headache for anyone we play against.

Unless we MB can rob some unwitting GM, I hope we stand pat. Really really want to keep all our draft picks.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:47 AM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Think how much better our PP would be if we had Diaz and Emelin on our 2nd wave.

Adding Bourque and Prust will be just too good. If by some miracle we can go into the playoffs with a healthy lineup we will be a headache for anyone we play against.

Unless we MB can rob some unwitting GM, I hope we stand pat. Really really want to keep all our draft picks.
I doubt Diaz will be back, but Prust will be. Bourque is up in the air. The setback was probably minor but you never know.