HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 10:11 PM
SCARFACE909

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
If we get rid of Penner somehow, or King, I wouldn't mind pickup up David Jones. He could thrive in this system.
3 more years at 4M. No thank you.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:16 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Because it often comes with a lower price tag?
That sounds like settling for plan B, rather than making plan A the higher value player.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:21 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
That sounds like settling for plan B, rather than making plan A the higher value player.
It sounds like you buy the house you can afford instead of the overpriced mansion you cant. Sure the mansion has a wine cellar but you will be homeless in a year.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
When Plan A requires Tyler Toffoli, and say Plan B requires Brandon Kozun, and the option for Plan B isn't too far off from Plan A, what would you rather go with?

It's really not that hard. I don't know what point you are trying to make. The guy is right. I'd rather give up less to go for a player who is just as good. Iginla costs more because he's been a lifelong Flame and is their captain and slightly younger. He also costs a lot in terms of salary and cap hit and may still cost a lot to re-sign. Whereas Jagr's salary and cap hit is less and will cost less to re-sign.

I can't see what the dispute is here.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:23 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
That's a misperception.

Which player do you think is more valuable? Semin or Dustin Brown? Semin is arguably the better player, but he would take less to acquire because of his $7M cap hit.
So when a fan says they would prefer the less valuable player, who do YOU think they're referring to? Do you think the less valuable player is the one that would take more to acquire?

Old
03-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

L.A. Times speculates that the price for Iginla is too high.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl/kings/

03-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Why are we concerned about goal scoring when that hasn't been a problem this season? I say go for defense IF Greene and/or Mitchell aren't coming back this season. I also would not move Bernier given Quick's play this year. I wouldn't say he has been bad but he isn't performing as we'll as last season. Sure, the defense has contributed to that but you can't ignore Bernier's numbers in comparison. He will more than likely increase his value the more he plays especially if he gets some playoff games should Quick struggle down the stretch.

I'd stay the course and evaluate the players at the end of the season. That's unless we can get a good stay at home that will be more than a rental. I know the kings are coming off a cup win and we all want to see them do it again but the team is also in a bit of a pickle with injuries and players that are not waiver exempt filling roles. Even if the kings don't win it all, playoff experience could be the determining factor on where some of these guys fit in long term. I'd hate to see the kings look for a quick fix this season and kick themselves down the road. It will be interesting to see what DL does but Ill bet Bernier isn't moved for a rental.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:35 PM
JT8888

Quote:
We should go for Crosby then, cause anything else is just settling

Old
03-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Ollie Weeks

I'd sooner talk to Calgray about Giordano than Iginla.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Why are we concerned about goal scoring when that hasn't been a problem this season?
Because the Kings forwards are wildly inconsistent, with the way guys like Brown and Richards disappear from the score sheet for long stretches it would never hurt to add a natural finisher.

Plus, if we don't make a move we either go with a 20 year old rookie with no NHL playoff experience, granted he is a talent, but that's a lot to expect from a 20 year old kid. Or we go with Dustin Penner, who is like a box of chocolates.

If the Kings know they are getting even one of those two defenders back for the playoffs I think they stand pat defensively.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Kings need one winger and one defenseman as insurance (since we don't know how Mitchell and Greene will perform if/when they get back).

They don't have to go all out and be as aggressive as the Penguins have been, but those are the types of moves the Kings will probably be looking at, a top six forward and a middle-bottom pairing defenseman.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:10 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I think Kozun and a 3rd might land jagr? What do you guys think it'd take to get him?

Old
03-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I think Kozun and a 3rd might land jagr? What do you guys think it'd take to get him?
The moon. Even if Dallas is no longer going to be in our division, they'll still be in our conference, and I doubt they are at all interested in trading him to us. Not to mention they are still in contention for the 8th seed. They've begun contract negotiation talks with him. If that fails, I would think that he would be headed east, to the Pens or the Bruins, depending on the Iginla situation. With the way he is playing, it will be for more than Kozun and a 3rd. Picture if Anaheim were trading Selanne, he'd get a decent return.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
03-26-2013, 11:22 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Because the Kings forwards are wildly inconsistent, with the way guys like Brown and Richards disappear from the score sheet for long stretches it would never hurt to add a natural finisher.

Plus, if we don't make a move we either go with a 20 year old rookie with no NHL playoff experience, granted he is a talent, but that's a lot to expect from a 20 year old kid. Or we go with Dustin Penner, who is like a box of chocolates.

If the Kings know they are getting even one of those two defenders back for the playoffs I think they stand pat defensively.
I stopped reading after the bolded. I got news for you, most, if not all nhl teams are inconsistent when it comes to scoring, not just the kings. It's hockey, not football or basketball. Besides, we're top 10 in scoring, which means there are 20 other teams that are even more inconsistent.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Because the Kings forwards are wildly inconsistent
We were pretty consistent last season, about 3/4 of the way in, with a 0.125 goals per game average.

Is that the kind of consistency you desire?

Old
03-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:

If the Kings defense and goaltending were at the same level they were last season, they'd be one of the top teams in the league. They could use another scorer but I wouldn't want to see Bernier or Taffoli moved for a rental.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
I stopped reading after the bolded. I got news for you, most, if not all nhl teams are inconsistent when it comes to scoring, not just the kings. It's hockey, not football or basketball. Besides, we're top 10 in scoring, which means there are 20 other teams that are even more inconsistent.
We are top 10 in scoring, we also had a player have an unrealistic streak. Carter is a great player but was that sustainable? Six goals from Jake Muzzin, is that sustainable?

You are kind of right that other teams have streaky players, but we have streaky players and a huge hole in our top 6. Unless you want to go with TT or roll the dice with Penner.

Williams, Richards and Penner who as of a couple games ago made up half of our top 6 have a combined 13 goals on the season. The Kings could definitely use an upgrade on the wing.

Plus you have to factor in injuries, what if god forbid Kopitar, Brown or Carter were to get hurt?

Old
03-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
You'd make a horrible GM.
Haha, I SO wanted to say the same thing......but figured I'd get some infraction or whatever it is they call it.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:47 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

What is everyone's opinion on Kipper wanting to stay? It seems that people on the main board don't understand how stressful it is to have a newborn and being traded will just add more stress. It's funny how most of the Flames fans are fine with his decision but others are calling him selfish and classless.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
I have a feeling we are getting a d-man before anything else.
I don't think Greene or Mitchell are gonna be back.
We haven't heard anything and neither are skating.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
What is everyone's opinion on Kipper wanting to stay? It seems that people on the main board don't understand how stressful it is to have a newborn and being traded will just add more stress. It's funny how most of the Flames fans are fine with his decision but others are calling him selfish and classless.
"The people who are calling him selfish are actually the selfish ones."

Old
03-27-2013, 12:53 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
We are top 10 in scoring, we also had a player have an unrealistic streak. Carter is a great player but was that sustainable? Six goals from Jake Muzzin, is that sustainable?
Dude, for every overachieved Carter goal, I could counter that with Doughty not scoring his share.

Quote:
You are kind of right that other teams have streaky players, but we have streaky players and a huge hole in our top 6. Unless you want to go with TT or roll the dice with Penner.
Huge hole??? Are you talking about the same that won us the cup? That huge hole???

Quote:
Williams, Richards and Penner who as of a couple games ago made up half of our top 6 have a combined 13 goals on the season. The Kings could definitely use an upgrade on the wing.

Plus you have to factor in injuries, what if god forbid Kopitar, Brown or Carter were to get hurt?
An insurance upgrade isn't a bad idea. But let's keep things in perspective here. You're also the one who doesn't want to overpay for any players. And from how it's looking right now, if we do acquire someone, most like we'll be overpaying.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:54 AM
damacles1156

Some Rumors were saying Kipper didn't intend to return next season anyway(retire).

He was simply giving the management heads up "Hey don't trade me I am probably retiring type thing".

Old
03-27-2013, 12:55 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Well, my take on that was will Kipper also insist on not playing any road games even if he remained a flame since he may be gone for weeks possibly? I just think his argument had some holes that's all.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Eh, stress....whatever. These guys get paid MILLIONS of dollars, and this is a business. These guys signed up for it and they need to honor their contracts whether they or traded or not. Everyone tries to make it personal when you bring family matters into it.....it's not. If you can't accept that this is a part of the job, then don't sign up to receive that paycheck.

Closed Thread