HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 14.0 - The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

vCash: 500
This Aquino RW for Mexico is pretty damn good. I'd take him w/the Impact tomorrow morning. Kid is a true winger, and a damn quick one. Literally playing on the sidelines and is making it a living hell for USA's left back.. (I'd probably take anyone of Mexico's Starting XI as well though )

Old
03-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Bud2790

Beasley just can't contain him.

USA is completing a lot of passes, but almost none of them in the 2nd half of the offensive zone.

Nice 1-2, but great play by the Mexican defender

That was a terrible cross by Dos Santos...even Arnaud would've done better

Old
03-26-2013, 10:14 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
Beasley just can't contain him.

USA is completing a lot of passes, but almost none of them in the 2nd half of the offensive zone.

Nice 1-2, but great play by the Mexican defender

That was a terrible cross by Dos Santos...even Arnaud would've done better
And man did Guzan make sure he got to that cross.. Poor Meixcan player, got a handfull. Literally. Game's tempo went down a little bit, Mexico need to get back attacking down the flanks, its what made them so dangerous

Old
03-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Bud2790

First half was basically all Mexico, but US is holding on. You're right Laurent, the last 10 minutes or so, Mexico slowed down their pace.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

What's everyone's take on the pending Valentine loan ?

Old
03-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Didn't look like Schallibaum was going to use him much this season. ZV will see plenty of playing time (I'm assuming) in Norway. I think it's a positive move for both sides.

And it also give us extra cap space to sign someone else (Paponi)

Old
03-26-2013, 10:35 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Lots of reaction on the previous page that basically sums up Bud's comments

Old
03-26-2013, 10:44 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Beasley is taking a beating.. In every way possible. Man are Mexico having one good start of 2nd half

Old
03-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Bud2790

I wonder if Klinsmann is thinking about switching Beasley? Poor guy can't cover Aquino, also doesn't help that he's playing with a yellow.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:59 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Alright lol I'm off. Dead tired. Thanks for making me feel as if I wasn't alone watching this game Was a fun 70 minutes

Old
03-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Bud2790

Mexico is just forcing passes in the final third of the field hoping for the best now.

Mexico sub off a defender for a forward.

Alright, peace out Laurent! Anytime there's another game, just send me the link lol!

Terrible call by the ref. Edu comes in late from behind on Aquino and no PK called..

Damn, solid strike by Dos Santos from outside the box. Barely missed.

Off a corner, Chicharito misses from like 3 feet out...Definately wasn't an easy tap in because the ball bounced before getting to him, but a player of his quality should not miss that.

And there's the final whistle. Americans improve their WC qualifying record to 0-13-2 when playing in Mexico

Frustrating game for the Mexicans. Chicharito missed 2 great opportunities. Dos Santos' strike missed by a foot or two. Ref missed an obvious PK. They definately can't be happy with a single point. Americans on the other should take the point and run lol.

Last edited by Bud2790: 03-26-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old
03-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Delat

Wow USA just pulled off a little miracle, they were dominated so much at the end. Great game for them. What an important point, but Mexico looks really solid. Mexico is so pissed at the penalty call that wasn't one. I think it was a 50/50 call, but ESPN guys were sure it was one.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:33 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
Wow USA just pulled off a little miracle, they were dominated so much at the end. Great game for them. What an important point, but Mexico looks really solid. Mexico is so pissed at the penalty call that wasn't one. I think it was a 50/50 call, but ESPN guys were sure it was one.
I definately would've called that. Edu was late, from behind and never touched the ball. All he did was clip Aquino in the leg. IMO that should be called every time.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Huge94

Valentin loaned out to Norwegian second division club FK BodÝ/Glimt.

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/impact/le-c...%A8ge-1.602593

Old
03-27-2013, 11:38 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge94 View Post
Valentin loaned out to Norwegian second division club FK BodÝ/Glimt.

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/impact/le-c...%A8ge-1.602593
Good, he needed playing time.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Good, he needed playing time.
He reminds me peekay soobs the way he is a twitter maniac with somewhat outgoing personality if only he would train as hard. He needs to become biggerfaster stronger... and gain a whole lot of maturity. Hopefully he comes back a man.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Bud2790

Here's the clip of what should have been a penalty kick for Mexico

Old
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
LeoHabs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
He reminds me peekay soobs the way he is a twitter maniac with somewhat outgoing personality if only he would train as hard. He needs to become biggerfaster stronger... and gain a whole lot of maturity. Hopefully he comes back a man.
If only he would train as hard? What gives you the idea he doesn't train hard? Where did this come from?

Last edited by LeoHabs*: 03-27-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Forgot a word
Old
03-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoHabs View Post
If only he would train as hard? What gives you the idea he doesn't train hard? Where did this come from?
He is skinny as hell. Just saying pumping a bit more in the gym and eat a freaking cow like subban. Thats all.. he needs to become stronger he is very skinny i would say maybe like tinordi.. tall but he looks like there is a lot of filling to do..that is all. Do3snt mean he doesnt work but very few train as hard as subban.

Sorry if i offended some people it wasnt suppose to sound that way.

Btw... there must be a reason why we loan him... they want to add something he lacks... the question is... what is the purpose...(i think maturity, being living in a different country by himself, no buddy buddy country men and new culture) i doubt its just anout the money... they could dump mapp a lot easier people wouldnt mind. I think they love his raw talent due to his tender 21 years.

Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 03-27-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 05:10 PM
NewBlood

Is it me or we really don't have that much depth at defense anymore? With the losses of Thomas, Wahl, Gardner and Valentin, with Rivas and Nesta out, we only have Iapachino and Tissot who can play D, with the latter having no pro experience and also had health issues lately...And that's also assuming that Ouimette is now on the starting XI. I know Mallace was drafted as a D/M but he's only played M so far if I'm not mistaking. Should'nt we sign another D rather than a striker at this point?

Old
03-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:

He is skinny as hell. Just saying pumping a bit more in the gym and eat a freaking cow like subban. Thats all.. he needs to become stronger he is very skinny i would say maybe like tinordi.. tall but he looks like there is a lot of filling to do..that is all. Do3snt mean he doesnt work but very few train as hard as subban.

Btw... there must be a reason why we loan him... they want to add something he lacks... the question is... what is the purpose...(i think maturity, being living in a different country by himself, no buddy buddy country men and new culture) i doubt its just anout the money... they could dump mapp a lot easier people wouldnt mind. I think they love his raw talent due to his tender 21 years.
Soccer is very different from hockey. Soccer is like a marathon where you need very high stamina, while hockey is like a sprint, where you need to give your absolute maximum at each shift.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:58 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Soccer is very different from hockey. Soccer is like a marathon where you need very high stamina, while hockey is like a sprint, where you need to give your absolute maximum at each shift.
This. Having talked to/walked by pretty much all the team last Saturday, except for Rivas and Bernier (who isn't THAT muscular), they all are skinny... but extremely fit. They DO some weight lifting, but they don't train to gain "maximum" strenght and mass, they train to gain endurance and explosiveness. Like you said, soccer is a different animal. I'm sick and tired of people (in general, not only soccer-related) thinking that in order to be fit, you need to be muscular. I train four times a week + hockey on Mondays/soccer on Tuesdays and badminton on Thursday and I'm in better shape than most of the jacked-up ********** you can see at your local gym. These ****s have no cardio whatsoever and in some case, they are just full of water because they take so much creatine. After that, some of them have the "nuts" (what nuts they have left from all their steroid cycles) to tell guys like me that we are skinny and that we should lift more.

Last edited by JordanStaal#1Fan: 03-27-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
The Russian General
ForÁa Portugal

Yeah, lift more you pansy

Old
03-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Bud2790

Quote:

Valentin's salary is 142K. Mapp was making 218K last year, but we reworked his contract during the off-season and he's making a lot less now. For some reason I think he's making between 60-80K now. If we're looking to sign a player, freeing up Valentin's salary gives us a lot more space.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
This. Having talked to/walked by pretty much all the team last Saturday, except for Rivas and Bernier (who isn't THAT muscular), they all are skinny... but extremely fit. They DO some weight lifting, but they don't train to gain "maximum" strenght and mass, they train to gain endurance and explosiveness. Like you said, soccer is a different animal. I'm sick and tired of people (in general, not only soccer-related) thinking that in order to be fit, you need to be muscular. I train four times a week + hockey on Mondays/soccer on Tuesdays and badminton on Thursday and I'm in better shape than most of the jacked-up ********** you can see at your local gym. These ****s have no cardio whatsoever and in some case, they are just full of water because they take so much creatine. After that, some of them have the "nuts" (what nuts they have left from all their steroid cycles) to tell guys like me that we are skinny and that we should lift more.

I had to.

On topic, who do you have for Bayern vs Juve?

Closed Thread