Mikael Backlund

Old
03-14-2013, 10:41 PM
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I don't see him being a top line center, but he'd make an excellent #3, and a decent #2
I think (and hope) he becomes like Flipper. A 2nd line tweener.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:50 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
I'm regularly impressed by his work on the backcheck, Sutter really did a number on him.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Remember2004

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
3 years

1st year: 1.5m
2nd: 2m
3rd: 2.5 m

what do you think ?
Having a cap hit at 2mil would work for me but i think he gets more not much more though.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:52 AM
oNLy1cube

So how has he looked the last couple weeks? read he has a foot injury he's playing through and was also just scratched 2 games ago.

oNLy1cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:57 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal86 View Post
So how has he looked the last couple weeks? read he has a foot injury he's playing through and was also just scratched 2 games ago.
You can tell he's playing through an injury, but he's still one of the best forwards on the team.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:49 AM
SaintMorose

vCash: 142
Had a goal taken away because I think it was Comeau? started staring at the goalie too hard -.-

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:38 PM
oNLy1cube

Looked decent tonight, had some chances made some plays. Curious about his skating, while it looked alright it just seems average and he doesn't really push the pace. Wonder if this is mainly due to the foot injury or is it the norm. Also noticed he doesn't really compete too hard along the boards and in the corner, again wondering if this has something to do with the foot or is it just the way he plays.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:57 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal86 View Post
Looked decent tonight, had some chances made some plays. Curious about his skating, while it looked alright it just seems average and he doesn't really push the pace. Wonder if this is mainly due to the foot injury or is it the norm. Also noticed he doesn't really compete too hard along the boards and in the corner, again wondering if this has something to do with the foot or is it just the way he plays.
I think its the foot injury, he normally has a lot of hustle in the oppositions zone.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:49 AM
oNLy1cube

Was a bit worried how his foot would react in back to back games but thought he looked quite a bit better tonight albeit against a weaker team. Had a little more jump and was better along the walls. I still wish he would move his feet more and he definitely needs to work on his speed to take another step in his development, but luckily those are things that can be improved over a long summer which unfortunately you CGY fans have to endure once again. All I think he really needs to take a big step forward is a good offseason of hard training + confidence, confidence from the coaching staff and most importantly confidence in himself. I'd say those are the magic ingredients for him to become that 2nd line center everyone envisions him becoming.