HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #17 - 2013 Offseason/Draft edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 11:35 PM
  #76
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Now this is a move I dont mind

Hayden at times when put on outside with Jennings out got burned but overall he was solid for Bears at Nickel
Agreed. Keep him in the Nickel and he will do just fine for us. More draft flexibility. BPA or Trade-down coming our way.

Recoil is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 01:12 AM
  #77
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 26,230
vCash: 500
Browns signed Campbell to a 2 year deal

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...ns-2-year-deal

I wonder if the Bears are going to draft a QB

Gootie is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 07:47 AM
  #78
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,502
vCash: 500
good, never liked Campbell

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:54 AM
  #79
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Browns signed Campbell to a 2 year deal

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...ns-2-year-deal

I wonder if the Bears are going to draft a QB
Time to bring Sexy Rexy back!

Recoil is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:02 AM
  #80
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,451
vCash: 500
National Football Post's mock draft. This is a best case scenario for us

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfp-moc...8202--nfl.html

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:11 AM
  #81
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Browns signed Campbell to a 2 year deal

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...ns-2-year-deal

I wonder if the Bears are going to draft a QB
I was thinking about this too. Maybe if someone falls, like Barkley in the 2nd round. I think he is going to be a really good QB if he can sit back and learn the NFL for a few years first. He has the tools though. The USC teams he played on were pretty poor.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:17 AM
  #82
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I was thinking about this too. Maybe if someone falls, like Barkley in the 2nd round. I think he is going to be a really good QB if he can sit back and learn the NFL for a few years first. He has the tools though. The USC teams he played on were pretty poor.
Barkley isn't falling to us in the 2nd round. There are about 5-6 teams above us in need of a QB who will spend their 2nd rounder on him happily.

Recoil is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:21 AM
  #83
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Barkley isn't falling to us in the 2nd round. There are about 5-6 teams above us in need of a QB who will spend their 2nd rounder on him happily.
Well, if we move the 1st for and get a high 2nd back, I'd like to take him. I just have a feeling this is going to be one of those picks people look back on and wonder how the hell he lasted that long. Cutler has gone down in every season. If this isn't a need position, I don't know what is.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:29 AM
  #84
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
National Football Post's mock draft. This is a best case scenario for us

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfp-moc...8202--nfl.html
That's a GREAT mock for us, and in all honesty, I think this mock will be closer to the real draft than any others I've seen so far. A few notes on this:

I do see the mini-run on QBs with Arizona and Buffalo. Both those teams need QBs bad. With Geno off the board (and I do see the Raiders taking a QB possibly) I don't see Arizona or Buffalo taking a chance on waiting till round 2. We saw this happen last year with QBs like Tannehill getting taken a round early because of the demand for the QB position, and I think it happens this year too.

I see teams like Cleveland and St Louis drafting weapons (WRs) over Guards or Tackles also. Cleveland has a new HC, a new OC (Norv Turner), a questionable QB situation, but a solid Running Back and maybe one WR with promise. They need more. St Louis just lost Amendola. And while I question as to whether they will take Patterson or Tavon Austin, I do see them going for another weapon here too and waiting till later in Round 1 or Round 2 to continue to build the line.

Miami and San Diego taking OTs just makes too much sense.

Lots of people mock the Titans as taking Warmack, but their D-Line is in BAD shape too. They signed a Guard already, and I see them waiting till Round 2 to revisit the O-Line as well. Taking the impact lineman is the move here. What do most teams want to do if they can in the first round? 1) Impact players on offense that put up points or 2) Improve the pass rush.

The only pick I question is Dallas taking a Safety. Someone made a great point on another board, that because of Monte Kiffin and Rod Maranelli the Cowboys are switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 offense this year --- not an easy task. And they are doing it with no cap space. While some mocks have them taking one of the elite Guards cause their O-Line blows, and this one has them taking a Safety, I see them REALLY trying to take a solid 4-3 DT or DE in the 1st round. I don't see how they do a successful conversion without drafting for it this year. In this mock, I see them taking "Tank" Carradine instead, but whatevs.

A lot of this is why I see a good chance that one of the two top Guards could fall to us. However, if Warmack falls to the Bears and we draft him, I'll jump for joy and dance buy a round of drinks for the entire bar.

Recoil is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:40 AM
  #85
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Well, if we move the 1st for and get a high 2nd back, I'd like to take him. I just have a feeling this is going to be one of those picks people look back on and wonder how the hell he lasted that long. Cutler has gone down in every season. If this isn't a need position, I don't know what is.
I agree completely it's a need position. You are right, Cutler has missed time each of the last 3 seasons he has been here for various reasons (twice due to concussion). We NEED a backup QB. But, IMO, if we shore up the line more, there's a better chance Cutler can stay in. I just don't see us spending a 1st/2nd round pick on a QB this year, in a draft where we only have 5 picks total. Next year --- definitely. This year, I think we will be playing Free Agent Roulette.

Even if we trade down (which won't be easy) I'm not sure we end up with a later 1st and another 2nd. Perhaps 2 additional 2nd or a later 1st and a 3rd. Dunno, I'm not sure how that all works. But it just doesn't seem to me like we have enough picks to go for one of these guys even if they do make it past the Top 15 (and I tend to think they won't).

That's why I love watching the draft though...you never know what's going to happen or who gets a case of the crazies first.

Recoil is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:45 AM
  #86
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
That's a GREAT mock for us, and in all honesty, I think this mock will be closer to the real draft than any others I've seen so far. A few notes on this:

I do see the mini-run on QBs with Arizona and Buffalo. Both those teams need QBs bad. With Geno off the board (and I do see the Raiders taking a QB possibly) I don't see Arizona or Buffalo taking a chance on waiting till round 2. We saw this happen last year with QBs like Tannehill getting taken a round early because of the demand for the QB position, and I think it happens this year too.

I see teams like Cleveland and St Louis drafting weapons (WRs) over Guards or Tackles also. Cleveland has a new HC, a new OC (Norv Turner), a questionable QB situation, but a solid Running Back and maybe one WR with promise. They need more. St Louis just lost Amendola. And while I question as to whether they will take Patterson or Tavon Austin, I do see them going for another weapon here too and waiting till later in Round 1 or Round 2 to continue to build the line.

Miami and San Diego taking OTs just makes too much sense.

Lots of people mock the Titans as taking Warmack, but their D-Line is in BAD shape too. They signed a Guard already, and I see them waiting till Round 2 to revisit the O-Line as well. Taking the impact lineman is the move here. What do most teams want to do if they can in the first round? 1) Impact players on offense that put up points or 2) Improve the pass rush.

The only pick I question is Dallas taking a Safety. Someone made a great point on another board, that because of Monte Kiffin and Rod Maranelli the Cowboys are switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 offense this year --- not an easy task. And they are doing it with no cap space. While some mocks have them taking one of the elite Guards cause their O-Line blows, and this one has them taking a Safety, I see them REALLY trying to take a solid 4-3 DT or DE in the 1st round. I don't see how they do a successful conversion without drafting for it this year. In this mock, I see them taking "Tank" Carradine instead, but whatevs.

A lot of this is why I see a good chance that one of the two top Guards could fall to us. However, if Warmack falls to the Bears and we draft him, I'll jump for joy and dance buy a round of drinks for the entire bar.
I agree this is closer to what we'll see....3 QB's in the top 20 instead of 2 guards. QB's are always over drafted (Ponder and Locker going 8 and 9).

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:37 AM
  #87
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I was thinking about this too. Maybe if someone falls, like Barkley in the 2nd round. I think he is going to be a really good QB if he can sit back and learn the NFL for a few years first. He has the tools though. The USC teams he played on were pretty poor.
The defense of his USC teams was poor. The last 2 years he had 2 of the best WR in college football. I think Barkley can be good but it's not like he was playing for San Diego State or something he was still on USC.

Sir Psycho T is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:42 AM
  #88
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,451
vCash: 500
Bears need a QB, but too many holes to take one in the first 2 rounds. Maybe in the 4th round you can take one. This mock sets up great because you get the best player at his position in the 1st and there are still a lot of good linebackers on the board for your pick at 50.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:59 AM
  #89
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,460
vCash: 500
they shoulda taken mallet 2 years ago

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 12:03 PM
  #90
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
The defense of his USC teams was poor. The last 2 years he had 2 of the best WR in college football. I think Barkley can be good but it's not like he was playing for San Diego State or something he was still on USC.
It still affects the way they played the game. Every game I saw was a complete shootout. That's not going to reflect as well on him but it also opened my eyes to just how great of an arm he has.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 12:06 PM
  #91
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 58,445
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
they shoulda taken mallet 2 years ago
He was a druggie, coming off a really disappointing season, and was drafted 74th overall. Would have been a terrible pick if we took him that early. When have we developed a QB?

RayP is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 12:23 PM
  #92
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,231
vCash: 50
Its a bad year to draft a QB ,, Alot of meh QB Prospects

Also this franchise has wasted picks on project QB's in recent years (Lefeavor and Enderle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Time to bring Sexy Rexy back!
Actually would not be against this

Rex as a #2 is not a terrible option

Has experience and still has good arm

Would likely be very cheap as well

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 12:40 PM
  #93
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Its a bad year to draft a QB ,, Alot of meh QB Prospects

Also this franchise has wasted picks on project QB's in recent years (Lefeavor and Enderle)



Actually would not be against this

Rex as a #2 is not a terrible option

Has experience and still has good arm

Would likely be very cheap as well
Hard to call a 5th and a 6th round pick wasted. Most guys taken in those rounds don't end up being starters. Usually they are special teamers at best.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 12:59 PM
  #94
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 24,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
they shoulda taken mallet 2 years ago
If it wasn't for Tom, Mallet would be god awful. He looked completely lost in the play time he had his rookie year in the preseason.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 01:00 PM
  #95
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 24,152
vCash: 500
I'd love to have Colt McCoy be the #2.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 01:01 PM
  #96
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 58,445
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I'd love to have Colt McCoy be the #2.
Not sure I'd say I'd love Colt as our #2, but I'd be happy with him.

RayP is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 01:26 PM
  #97
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,231
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Hard to call a 5th and a 6th round pick wasted. Most guys taken in those rounds don't end up being starters. Usually they are special teamers at best.
Special Teamers would have been some sorta value to last few years teams

This draft has no QB's worthy of using top 4 round pick on IMO for Bears

Thus they end up with possiblity of selecting another project/hope guy in 5th/6th/7th round

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 02:12 PM
  #98
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Special Teamers would have been some sorta value to last few years teams

This draft has no QB's worthy of using top 4 round pick on IMO for Bears

Thus they end up with possiblity of selecting another project/hope guy in 5th/6th/7th round
I agree they shouldn't take a QB this year. Next year if everything goes to plan, I would not be opposed to them taking one in the 2nd or 3rd to groom behind Cutler for the next 3 years.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 02:18 PM
  #99
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Nobody else likes Barkley? He's a No. 1 overall talent IMO.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 02:29 PM
  #100
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Nobody else likes Barkley? He's a No. 1 overall talent IMO.
He hurt his stock a lot this year. Like a lot of USC guys, he's more hype than performance

Illinihockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.