HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Not old enough, it was either OHL or NHL.

He'll be fine, he's 19 and its his first year pro. Takes time to adjust, but he has all the tools to be a dominant player.

Also, part of the problem is he's playing on the wing where his skill set ins't utilized to the fullest. When he was playing in the middle earlier this year he was playing his best hockey.

I think with the offense struggling it's a good opportunity to move him into the middle with Gallagher and Pacioretty and move DD to the wing on the 3rd line.
Sorry... OHL.

I don't know man, he probably would've led the league in scoring and he'd be playing center. I don't think he's playing badly, but he's not getting the same icetime he would in the minors.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:44 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
He got his taste in the NHL, I wouldn't be opposed to him spending a year in the AHL next year like Kadri. Bring him back up after his year in the AHL and he'll be regular top 6 from then on.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I think next year he'll start at centre and that will be the end of all the winger or centre debate.

An offseason of training (the way he trains) and a full pre season and he's going to be ready to rock and roll next year.

Who knows as well. look how the playoffs morphed PK Subban into a stud right away, could be the break out for him!

Old
03-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

It may not be best for him to play with Eller. Two too similar players. Eller like to carry the puck and play a bit too fancy. Lars is still trying to find his way and develop his own game. Too hard for AGally to follow and complete the plays, to play like a winger. AGally should play with guys who play a simpler game.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:52 PM
paddy

He's been too timid and trying to be too responsible... if there's such a notion. He needs a little swag to his game. Every time he was assertive and tried things he was doing regularly in the OHL, good things happened. That means the talent is there. Just needs to unblock the mental hurdles holding his game back.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:55 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
It may not be best for him to play with Eller. Two too similar players. Eller like to carry the puck and play a bit too fancy. Still trying to find his way and develop his own game. Too hard for AGally to follow and complete the plays, to play like a winger. AGally should play with guys who play a simpler game.
I agree, they are very very similar but I think they will have great chemistry because of their playing style is so alike. If one of them can learn to shoot more, the two could go a long way together.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
He's been too timid and trying to be too responsible... if there's such a notion. He needs a little swag to his game. Every time he was assertive and tried things he was doing regularly in the OHL, good things happened. That means the talent is there. Just needs to unblock the mental hurdles holding his game back.
We need to unlock his chackra sweet spots like naruto.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
It may not be best for him to play with Eller. Two too similar players. Eller like to carry the puck and play a bit too fancy. Lars is still trying to find his way and develop his own game. Too hard for AGally to follow and complete the plays, to play like a winger. AGally should play with guys who play a simpler game.
I think opposite, Lars is the only forward on the team that might follow any sort of creative play Galchenyuk might want to test.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:02 PM
CP31

I don't like him playing with eller. Iike eller it's just he rarely passes to his line mates.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:17 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He needs a game in the press box.

He needs to see the speed of the game from somewhere else but ice-level. He has time to make plays, he just, gets rid of it as soon as he possibly can.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:19 PM
BobbyFischer*

is it too early to call bust?

Old
03-26-2013, 10:20 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

He needs to see the speed of the game from somewhere else but ice-level. He has time to make plays, he just, gets rid of it as soon as he possibly can.
Not enough healthy bodies to do that IMO. He should be working with the video coach more like Subban has.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:29 PM
coolasprICE

He needs a sniper goal top corner under the crossbar. Once he realizes that he can score with his skill his game will improve. He`s not creative now, he is a bit intimidated.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Milhouse40

Galchenyuk always looked better in center.
Beginning of the year, he was producing without getting destroy in his zone.

He need powerplay time....gain confidence, get some ice time with some space on the ice. The kid is here cause he brings offensive upsides.....let him use it!!!

Old
03-26-2013, 10:36 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

He's actually slowing Eller down at this point....

Old
03-26-2013, 11:06 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
What a stupid post...the sad part is, I don't even think you're joking

Old
03-26-2013, 11:14 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

I think this will happen once we're healthy. Should do wonders for him. He's usually been good for having/making a few scoring chances per game. I think this has been one of his weaker ones.

He's also gone through a whirlwind of a year after only playing a handful of games last year.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:23 PM
rockjngo

I don't expect much from Galchenyuk this year. He's got nothing to prove in OHL, he's shown he's mature for his age. Just turn 19, remember he had a year off because of injury so technically he's 17. He needs to learn to play defensive zone which MT is letting him do and you see he's good at it, soon he'll be learn the offensive side of things. Galchenyuk will be a #1 center in year 3.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:40 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Do you have other gears other than sarcasm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
What a stupid post...the sad part is, I don't even think you're joking
He is, chillax bro.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:55 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
He'll get better matchups and better linemates when Prust returns. The good thing is he hasn't been costing us goals. I am really excited to see what a full NHL offseason will do for his phyiscal ability and skillset.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:58 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
We should trade him for Benoit Pouliot.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:03 AM
bib
#believe

Poor Gally.

It's just one of those things.

He has so much skill, proves it, opposing teams target him, he's not not strong enough to respond, recoils.

Something needs to be done with Galchy soon though, I feel as though his immediate success and recent dry spell isn't the best for him.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:07 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Poor Gally.

It's just one of those things.

He has so much skill, proves it, opposing teams target him, he's not not strong enough to respond, recoils.

Something needs to be done with Galchy soon though, I feel as though his immediate success and recent dry spell isn't the best for him.
Why is that? He is playing with I-won't-pass-Eller and ''Armstrong''. Hard to find any chemistry on that line, even when Eller was hot.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:15 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Why is that? He is playing with I-won't-pass-Eller and ''Armstrong''. Hard to find any chemistry on that line, even when Eller was hot.
Ellers been setting him up non stop and Gally does nothing with it. I agree with WTK, he needs a game or two in the presser to clear his head. Right now he must be as frustrated as I am getting watching him. My main hope is that he can get over his hump before the end of the season and go into the offseason feeling good and confident.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:19 AM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Ellers been setting him up non stop and Gally does nothing with it. I agree with WTK, he needs a game or two in the presser to clear his head. Right now he must be as frustrated as I am getting watching him. My main hope is that he can get over his hump before the end of the season and go into the offseason feeling good and confident.
no he hasn't

Closed Thread