HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

How do you account for cheap shots?

Old
08-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Happy Pony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal View Post
Yeah, he tried to hurt me, so I tried to hurt him, we're agreeing here.
As are being a complete ***** and a tough guy. Face it, what you did was completely out of line. It's guys like you who give hockey players a bad rep.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 08:09 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Hitting someone with your fist is a weapon as well.

Do you have any idea how hard you would have to hit someone to break their neck, there is no way you could do that unless it was like a tomohawk axe swing. Hell, Perezogins (sp) hit didn't even completely crumple the guys face, and the neck is way bigger.

He could have seriously injured me too, and that injury on mine is not at all uncommon. He was willing to risk my life, I'm willing to do the same to his.
First, I didn't mean jumping on his back and hitting him from behind. I meant face him like a man and fight it out.

Second, you CAN break someone's neck by hitting him with your stick. It does take some "luck" to hit them in the right spot but it can happen.

Third, Just because he COULD have injured you doesn't mean it's your turn to POSSIBLY injury him too. Anyone that has the slightest hint of maturity knows this and wouldn't have done what you did.

He risked giving you a backache, you risked immobilizing him from the neck down. That's not an eye for an eye, that's an eye for both eyes.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 08:12 PM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
First, I didn't mean jumping on his back and hitting him from behind. I meant face him like a man and fight it out.

Second, you CAN break someone's neck by hitting him with your stick. It does take some "luck" to hit them in the right spot but it can happen.

Third, Just because he COULD have injured you doesn't mean it's your turn to POSSIBLY injury him too. Anyone that has the slightest hint of maturity knows this and wouldn't have done what you did.

He risked giving you a backache, you risked immobilizing him from the neck down. That's not an eye for an eye, that's an eye for both eyes.

Never heard of a broken neck from hitting from behind?

In any logical case its the other way around.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Hyped

How do I account for cheap shots? I hand them out, especially to the guys who look like they can't handle it. Then they take retaliatory penalties and my team goes on the PP. Sure, I get some penalties sometimes but most of the time I end up taking a guy with me so it ends up being a coincidental and nobody is out anything (except my team is without my exceptional skill for two minutes). You just have to know when to give your shots. It's actually a very fine art...

Hyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Tbone54

haha hell no..

he tried to hurt u

u tried to kill him..

u over stepped the line dude... and i cant belive u justify it... thats what makes this so bad...

Tbone54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 12:04 AM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneCoyote View Post
haha hell no..

he tried to hurt u

u tried to kill him..

u over stepped the line dude... and i cant belive u justify it... thats what makes this so bad...
Aparently you've never been hit from behind or seen someone hit from behind.

Old
08-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Hitting is part of the game, most of the time hits from behind are accidental, a slash to the neck is not accidental. There are other ways to get back for a cheap shot that are (somewhat) within the rules. If you are so tough why not take off the gloves.

**for the record I don't condone fighting in rec leagues.**

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 12:19 AM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlewis4 View Post
Hitting is part of the game, most of the time hits from behind are accidental, a slash to the neck is not accidental. There are other ways to get back for a cheap shot that are (somewhat) within the rules. If you are so tough why not take off the gloves.

**for the record I don't condone fighting in rec leagues.**
The only concussion I've ever had is from a hit from behind, and this hit was no accident, its pretty obvious when its accidental.

BTW, you can all bit*h and complain about what I did, which wasn't even a big deal, but thats how I dealt with my most recent cheap shot.

Last edited by therealdeal: 08-10-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old
08-10-2006, 01:08 AM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Hitting someone with your fist is a weapon as well.
Not in a court of law....where you should have been.

Quote:
He could have seriously injured me too, and that injury on mine is not at all uncommon. He was willing to risk my life, I'm willing to do the same to his.
...Which means you are no better than he is.

Quote:
I have, from the point of view of receiving a hit from behind, coaching players who have been on both ends of the hits, and I've penalized the hits as a referee. Not once, in any of my experiences, has any player receiving such a hit reacted in the way you did. EVERYBODY commenting on this says you were in the extreme wrong. Does that not tell you anything?

You are a stubborn, mean-spirited person who is willing to recognize no limits in your means of revenge and retribution. People like you are a danger to society.

BCCHL inactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 01:14 AM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Not in a court of law....where you should have been.

...Which means you are no better than he is.

Oh, you must have mistaken me for someone who cares.

I have, from the point of view of receiving a hit from behind, coaching players who have been on both ends of the hits, and I've penalized the hits as a referee. Not once, in any of my experiences, has any player receiving such a hit reacted in the way you did. EVERYBODY commenting on this says you were in the extreme wrong. Does that not tell you anything?

So you've never actually gotten a hit from behind or had head aches for weeks from a hit from behind? Have you actually ever played hockey?

You are a stubborn, mean-spirited person who is willing to recognize no limits in your means of revenge and retribution. People like you are a danger to society.
sure thing buddy!

Last edited by therealdeal: 08-10-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old
08-10-2006, 03:03 AM
BCCHL inactive

Can you read? I said that I have received hits from behind. I suffered a concussion and a separated shoulder from one vicious CFB, and I had no desire to try to cripple the guy who did it. He got kicked out of the game and suspended, and my team took advantage of a 5-minute powerplay. That's how we got back at him.

The fact that you don't care that you are no better than the guy that hit you proves my point. You should not be allowed to play in a rec hockey league.

BCCHL inactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Greeneye

your inability to admit that your were wrong is amazing.

i'm guessing the rest of your team is just as unsportsmanlike as you are. i'm not surprised you got run after running up the score 15-0. that is also weak, sounds like someone is too good for the league he plays in.

Greeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 09:44 AM
KariyaIsGod*

Quote:
Oh wow, its way less dirty if its with your fist.

By the way, feel free to do so, but remember, I'm willing to fight very dirty, and I can wait a game or two for my retrobution.
It is less dirty.

Standing in front of you and fighting you is very different than hacking somebody in the back with your stick.

That's less manly than Kovalchuk hair pulling while fighting.

You can justify it however you want though. Eventually, somebody will get tired of your stupid antics and have you rightfully charged as Van has been saying. Either that, or they will torque you in a fight despite your silly little claim of fighting dirty.

KariyaIsGod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 10:53 AM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM47 View Post
your inability to admit that your were wrong is amazing.

i'm guessing the rest of your team is just as unsportsmanlike as you are. i'm not surprised you got run after running up the score 15-0. that is also weak, sounds like someone is too good for the league he plays in.
I admitted the first post it was dirty.

Yeah, its a ****** league, we were told there were going to be a bunch of W players and Junior A teams so we put together a pretty decent team, but it sucks. Games end up getting dirty, now all we do is play the first period, and then trade a bunch of players between teams so its just a friendly scrimmage, much better for both teams.

Old
08-10-2006, 10:54 AM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Can you read? I said that I have received hits from behind. I suffered a concussion and a separated shoulder from one vicious CFB, and I had no desire to try to cripple the guy who did it. He got kicked out of the game and suspended, and my team took advantage of a 5-minute powerplay. That's how we got back at him.

The fact that you don't care that you are no better than the guy that hit you proves my point. You should not be allowed to play in a rec hockey league.
Sorry, I thought you said you have coached guys who have. I misread.

Old
08-10-2006, 04:19 PM
mikro112

I play non-contact hockey, but we are a fun-team so i doesn't bother us. If someone cheapshots me or plays unfair, i score a goal, and give him a big grin! That's better than dropping the gloves or cheap-shooting him.

mikro112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 04:46 PM
FLYLine27
BrassGod

Last season this idiot from the other team (about the same age I am, 21) was trying to get players on my team to drop the glove with him, note the kid was probably about 6"1 and he was pushing around a 5'5 defenseman on my team was is probably about 42 years old. Luckily I was on the bench so I couldnt really do anything. When i was out again I was watching him and he laid a huge elbow to one of our best players head in the corner and the ref didnt even call it, so i skating in an punched him pretty damn hard on the side of the head. He then went crazy and through a few back, as we went back and forth for like 2 seconds till people broke us up.

Probably wont do that again in the future since it cost me a 2 game suspension and i cant stand missing a game for anything.

I give a few crosschecks a game to guys in front but nothing that would really injur anyone.

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
PhilMerwin187

Send a message via AIM to PhilMerwin187
A few quick ways to get back at a guy who cheap-shots you and/or your teammates:

Take your stick blade and apply pressure to the back of his leg right behind the knee. It'll buckle and he'll fall.

Jab your stick blade at the back of his skate blade. It more than often will make him fall or at least make him lose his balance for a second.

Hold your stick blade on the back of his skate blade and [while standing behind him] pull him towards you.

I am not responsible for any penalties or other punishments you may receive.

-Phil

PhilMerwin187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 03:20 PM
PhilMerwin187

Send a message via AIM to PhilMerwin187
A few quick ways to get back at a guy who cheap-shots you and/or your teammates:

Take your stick blade and apply pressure to the back of his leg right behind the knee. It'll buckle and he'll fall.

Jab your stick blade at the back of his skate blade. It more than often will make him fall or at least make him lose his balance for a second.

Hold your stick blade on the back of his skate blade and [while standing behind him] pull him towards you.

I am not responsible for any penalties or other punishments you may receive.

-Phil

PhilMerwin187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 08:53 PM
RedK

The next time you are think about giving someone a cheap shot, remember what happened to this man:

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/input...eName=mikedury

RedK is offline   Reply With Quote