HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal claims Halpern on waivers

Old
03-27-2013, 09:17 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

vCash: 500
After one game; definitely what our 4th line needed in terms of intensity, forechecking and intelligence. We'll see if it lasts, but with him in the lineup, there's another proof how a 700K a year player can do everything Moen is doing this season.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:20 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Halpern is perfect for centering the 4th line and it helps move White to the wing where he is a lot more effective and can play more physical.

Moen - Halpern - White could be a nice 4th line for the playoffs but clearly White will be benched for Armstrong once Prust is back..
Moen, Halpern Army could be beastly in the PO. A LOT of experience and intelligence, and I still think Moen will step up in toughness.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Halpern is perfect for centering the 4th line and it helps move White to the wing where he is a lot more effective and can play more physical.

Moen - Halpern - White could be a nice 4th line for the playoffs but clearly White will be benched for Armstrong once Prust is back..
I don't know, I've kinda soured on Ryan White this year. I think Armstrong brings more to the table than him and will be more valuable come playoff time.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I don't know, I've kinda soured on Ryan White this year. I think Armstrong brings more to the table than him and will be more valuable come playoff time.
In Ryan White's defense...I think the Habs have mishandled him. They've failed to give him a role, and that's what White is...a role player

Furthermore, I think he's way more effective on the wing then he is at center and with Halpern acquired on waivers, I think that's where's goign to have to hope to make his mark.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
In Ryan White's defense...I think the Habs have mishandled him. They've failed to give him a role, and that's what White is...a role player

Furthermore, I think he's way more effective on the wing then he is at center and with Halpern acquired on waivers, I think that's where's goign to have to hope to make his mark.
Definitely agree with him being on the wing. Halpern is 100x the NHL center White is.

White is going to have to prove himself though, because right now I can't think of any reason he should play over other guys in the lineup. Maybe he gets a chance tonight and they sit Dumont.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote