HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

110% does it again...

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
"Kovalioff" would be the proper Russian pronounciation. However, Kovalev prefers to be called "Koh-vah-lev"
I've explained this 10 times... so here goes again.

Kovalev

Russian: Kavalyovf
English: Kovalev
French: Kovalief
Finnish: Kovaleff

The right way to pronounce Kovlev in french is Kovalief, whatever Kovy thinks about it.. it's the right french way to pronouce it. The French and the Russian were very close historically, actually the aristocratical language in russia was french for a few decades.. there are historical explanations for the prononciation of russian names.. Se Houde was right, and Kovy is wrong. It's like someone from england explaining a french guy that it's London instead of Londres.. well in french it's Londres.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Astaroth

Guys just don't watch it. Slick Nick, you hate TVA and le star vehicule quebecois so why support TQS?

Old
08-09-2006, 11:17 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Congrats to those of you who don't watch these clowns.

Those of you who still watch and then come here to complain about it are idiots.
I dont think so.. They are funny to watch, it sure is frustrating to not be there to shut them up but they are so wrong, so beside the track that Im most of the time laughing out loud alone watching this show.. They are giving a good show you just cant say otherwise and I prefer this show to nothing.. My best moments are when they try to explain what is going wrong with what they said when its so obvious.. they call himself hockey men when most of us know more about this game than those clowns..

Ps: My favorite one is Rinfret, you just cant be more ridiculous than this guy, he is worth the whole show.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:22 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

Didn't watch one show since the last one when the habs got eliminated (well the date around it haha)

Old
08-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

honestly I found this really stupid like the other 110 % ...

Old
08-09-2006, 11:23 PM
znk

We should definetly start a movement or something. Get these guys to stop with their racist ways.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:25 PM
RedArmyMontreal*

110% is downright pathetic but tonight was the worst i've seen. I stopped listening a while ago but I happened to have my TV on at TQS.

Of course, to everyone's surprise, after 5-10mins no one had talked about Markov yet, so Bergeron had to start bashing him, with practically everyone agreeing with him .

Old
08-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Guys just don't watch it. Slick Nick, you hate TVA and le star vehicule quebecois so why support TQS?
TQS > TVA .. TQS = de la marde, mais de la marde qui s'assume.

reason 2: there's no genuwine hockey fans at my job, but whenever something is said on 110% I hear the same from the people at my job... andthis pisses me off. These guys have an enormous power over the regular fan, and it pisses me off... this kind of stuff prolly dosen't touch you, but remember when they were all saying that Ribeiro was some sort of Gretzky, and that Koivu was a pain in the ***... well, most of the people I spoke with were repeating the same crap.

I mean, Russia is always such a denigrated country.. it's always ********, after ********. Most people associate Russia to Lada, while very few know that while the NASA space shuttle was kept on earth, the only country that could bring back peeps or supply the ISS was russia. Russia is a poor, extremely educated country... poor yes, dumb no.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:31 PM
CaptCrunch

I watch them. I like debate.

I used to watch "Politically incorrect" quite frequently. Bill Maher would often say these inane things to start incidents and they would always get these right wing republicans (the Ann Coulter type) to discuss about far fetched concepts.

Of course, there would be democrats, artists and comedians to balance things out.

Sometimes you just like to hear a discussion. You don't have to agree to everything they say... nobody's asking you to join a political party here.

Do they offend you? Well, I suggest that you occupy your time with more productive activities.

I mean, you are only giving them the spotlight by starting threads like these.

And I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who agrees to everything they are saying here so its a moot point...

Old
08-09-2006, 11:35 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post

I used to watch "Politically incorrect" quite frequently. Bill Maher would often say these inane things to start incidents and they would always get these right wing republicans (the Ann Coulter type) to discuss about far fetched concepts.

Of course, there would be democrats, artists and comedians to balance things out.

Sometimes you just like to hear a discussion. You don't have to agree to everything they say... nobody's asking you to join a political party here.

Do they offend you? Well, I suggest that you occupy your time with more productive activities.

And I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who agrees to everything they are saying here so its a moot point...

To have a real debate you need at least a couple of sain persons and have a moderate inteligent position represented. Those are 2 things 100% rarely has.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
an other home?
I was never one for technicalities.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmyMontreal View Post
110% is downright pathetic but tonight was the worst i've seen. I stopped listening a while ago but I happened to have my TV on at TQS.

Of course, to everyone's surprise, after 5-10mins no one had talked about Markov yet, so Bergeron had to start bashing him, with practically everyone agreeing with him .
He only said Markov couldnt speak english very well after 5 years played with the Habs... Nothing wrong here, they are saying the truth.. Markov has some special adjustment troubles.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post

Politaclly incorrect is one thing, racism is an other.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
He only said Markov couldnt speak english very well after 5 years played with the Habs... Nothing wrong here, they are saying the truth.. Markov has some special adjustment troubles.
Markov is a special guy who had trouble to adjust with the North America and he lost his father recently to who he was very close. Bashing Markov is plain stupid, Markov is a special guy and he s the one who s suffering the most from this problem more than anyone else.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:45 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Markov is a special guy who had trouble to adjust with the North America and he lost his father recently to who he was very close. Bashing Markov is plain stupid, Markov is a special guy and he s the one who s suffering the most from this problem more than anyone else.
Im not bashing Markov and Im sure 110% guys didnt either, they just brought the fact Markov has some adapting issue... Is it the reality or not?

Markov is a timid guy, it probably doesnt help to make your english better..

Old
08-09-2006, 11:49 PM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
To have a real debate you need at least a couple of sain persons and have a moderate inteligent position represented. Those are 2 things 100% rarely has.
Well, Francois Gagnon is usually rational. Marc Defoy isn't that bad either.

Jean Perron and Michel Bergeron are ex-coaches. Yes, they are stuck in another generation but I'm sure you have one or two uncles like that.

I mean, I don't know if you remember the 80's but 1 or 2 things changed since then lol.

I think Marc Bureau is usually insignificant (and stupid). Enrico Chicone roots for the players.

In my opinion, the major problem of the show is that the moderator is incompetent. There is usually no structure to the discussion so it often fall into inorganised mundane stereotype.

I like the idea of taking ex-players, ex-coaches, journalists, agents around a table and making a show uniquely about hockey. For me its a plus.

Of course, if there were valid options I'd listen to them too, but there are little or none.

Besides, they are taken from pro sports. You honestly expect professional hockey to be without racism, without bias?

How about taking the passion you have about racism and stupid generalization and talk about it with friends and collegues. Isn't it more positive?

You can also use this board to debunk myth and fiction. That's what I like most about here. People from different cities, different countries, watching different hockey clubs.

Trying to shut down a tv show is a bit like fighting ghosts... its usually of little use.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Nah, they said Markov could ony say one sentance... which is flase, I saw him like most of you in interview, he understand english and can speak.. really shy, but he dose speak a little english.

But then Marc Bureau said that when he was in the US he learned to speak english... and that russians could do the same.

WELL... someone should explain to Bureau that English comes from french, German and Celtic... that most of the french words are exactly the same (or very close) in both languges and that he has been exposed to the same culture since he was born.

While russian is from another group of languages... it's like a russian saying, hey I wen't to poland I learned polish.

Same with Koivu; Saku dosen't speak french... he he speaks Finnish ( from the Finnish/Estonian/Hungarian group) .. he speaks good english because he speaks swedish, which is also a germanic language; same roots... can't ask him to learn a 3 language group...

huh..

Old
08-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Nah, they said Markov could ony say one sentance... which is flase, I saw him like most of you in interview, he understand english and can speak.. really shy, but he dose speak a little english.

But then Marc Bureau said that when he was in the US he learned to speak english... and that russians could do the same.

WELL... someone should explain to Bureau that English comes from french, German and Celtic... that most of the french words are exactly the same (or very close) in both languges and that he has been exposed to the same culture since he was born.

While russian is from another group of languages... it's like a russian saying, hey I wen't to poland I learned polish.

Same with Koivu; Saku dosen't speak french... he he speaks Finnish ( from the Finnish/Estonian/Hungarian group) .. he speaks good english because he speaks swedish, which is also a germanic language; same roots... can't ask him to learn a 3 language group...

huh..
Marc Bureau and logic are not good friends...

Old
08-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
TQS > TVA .. TQS = de la marde, mais de la marde qui s'assume.

reason 2: there's no genuwine hockey fans at my job, but whenever something is said on 110% I hear the same from the people at my job... andthis pisses me off. These guys have an enormous power over the regular fan, and it pisses me off... this kind of stuff prolly dosen't touch you, but remember when they were all saying that Ribeiro was some sort of Gretzky, and that Koivu was a pain in the ***... well, most of the people I spoke with were repeating the same crap.

I mean, Russia is always such a denigrated country.. it's always ********, after ********. Most people associate Russia to Lada, while very few know that while the NASA space shuttle was kept on earth, the only country that could bring back peeps or supply the ISS was russia. Russia is a poor, extremely educated country... poor yes, dumb no.
Si tu veux dire de la marde qui s'assume because they say they are about entertainment, you're wrong because your point number two.

Alot of people take their word because they are ex-coaches and media personalities to be gospel, if they said they were like the crossfire of hockey then mabye people would understand that besides Gagnon, they are hacks going for knee-jerk reactions. There is absolutely no debate or nuance. It is not a discourse, it's trash tv.

Sure it's highly entertaining and I would be lying if I say I don't tune in during the season from time to time.

Now about Russia, it's mainly a north american thing more than just them. Russia is actually not that poor of a country anymore thanks to the energy crisis and Putin putting some order in the house (at the cost of some liberties) but the perception of the collaspe of the Soviet Union is still prevalent in the general population's mind. That is beginning to change sowly (Russia was calling the shots and hosting the G8, 5 years ago there was real question of whether they even belonged there, not anymore). In about a decade Russia should be much closer if not equal to the rich western european countries.

Old
08-10-2006, 12:29 AM
frederixx

guys, you have to understand that those guys have no education...

they have no credibility at all... they don't even know who the prospects are and prolly think that rds is the only hockey channel available! can't believe that Bergeron and Perron were coaches in the NHL...nowadays, even the peewee coaches are more knowledgeable than those guys.

Old
08-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Si tu veux dire de la marde qui s'assume because they say they are about entertainment, you're wrong because your point number two.

Alot of people take their word because they are ex-coaches and media personalities to be gospel, if they said they were like the crossfire of hockey then mabye people would understand that besides Gagnon, they are hacks going for knee-jerk reactions. There is absolutely no debate or nuance. It is not a discourse, it's trash tv.

Sure it's highly entertaining and I would be lying if I say I don't tune in during the season from time to time.

Now about Russia, it's mainly a north american thing more than just them. Russia is actually not that poor of a country anymore thanks to the energy crisis and Putin putting some order in the house (at the cost of some liberties) but the perception of the collaspe of the Soviet Union is still prevalent in the general population's mind. That is beginning to change sowly (Russia was calling the shots and hosting the G8, 5 years ago there was real question of whether they even belonged there, not anymore). In about a decade Russia should be much closer if not equal to the rich western european countries.
J'ai un voisin, Dan-Dan.. yé pas très vite, y ride le BS, y'écoute TQS pi yé ben heureux. J'ai un voisin, yé prof de primaire, y tripe sur TVA pi le Lundi.. y enseigne.. entre deux cours ya une discution de Star Académie avec mon autre voisine, prof de primaire.

Attends, je vais changer de poste et regarder Guy A. Lepage devenir émotionnel devant le récit de la cruche qui a couvert les tsunami ... oh, de retour a TVA, une actrice de téléséries me parlera de son enfance, car ca va me rendre plus grand.

Calice.. aimes le ton TVA, pas de mes affaires. TQS c'est du caca solide, au moins tout le monde le sait.

Gagnon looks smart, but he's as dumb as the others. The only french journalist moral integrity is Mathias Brunet.

Russia is still a very poor country, with a negative birthrate and the lowest longetitvity rate among "white" countries. 56 years for men.

Old
08-10-2006, 12:44 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

huh..

Well, you seem pretty well informed and Ive no difficulty to believe some languages are so different than ours that they are pretty tough to learn... But Its not only a matter of difference... Take french vs english for example, I know I wouldnt have learnt french if I was an english man cause Im french and still have some difficulties to write it correctly...

Old
08-10-2006, 12:47 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
J'ai un voisin, Dan-Dan.. yé pas très vite, y ride le BS, y'écoute TQS pi yé ben heureux. J'ai un voisin, yé prof de primaire, y tripe sur TVA pi le Lundi.. y enseigne.. entre deux cours ya une discution de Star Académie avec mon autre voisine, prof de primaire.

Attends, je vais changer de poste et regarder Guy A. Lepage devenir émotionnel devant le récit de la cruche qui a couvert les tsunami ... oh, de retour a TVA, une actrice de téléséries me parlera de son enfance, car ca va me rendre plus grand.

Calice.. aimes le ton TVA, pas de mes affaires. TQS c'est du caca solide, au moins tout le monde le sait.

Gagnon looks smart, but he's as dumb as the others. The only french journalist moral integrity is Mathias Brunet.

lol jcommence a taimer!!

Trop vrai!

Old
08-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Well, you seem pretty well informed (informé, znajushii) and Ive no difficulty (difficulté, trudnosti) to believe some languages (languages, jazyki) are so different (différent, ne pohozhye - drugie - raznye) than ours that they are pretty tough to learn... But Its not only a matter of difference (différence, raznytsa)... Take french vs english for example (exemple, na primer) , I know I wouldnt have learnt french if I was an english man cause Im french and still have some difficulties to write it correctly (correctement, sposobno) ...
French / Russian ...

Old
08-10-2006, 01:16 AM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Quote:

Russia is still a very poor country, with a negative birthrate and the lowest longetitvity rate among "white" countries. 56 years for men.
T'es trop hot !

Closed Thread