HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 04:53 PM
  #826
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Could've been worst, really.
Headliners are terrible though. Not that I hate A7X, they shouldn't shouldn't headline a Metal Tour.
And Megadeth shouldn't be opening for a band like A7X. Megadeth shouldn't be opening for anyone.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 04:58 PM
  #827
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,236
vCash: 500
The best bands are at the absolute bottom

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 04:59 PM
  #828
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
And did someone just call 'At the Gates' a new metal core band? lolwut?
I stand corrected. They are absolutely not in that same classification. I must have been thinking of another band.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:00 PM
  #829
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
And Megadeth shouldn't be opening for a band like A7X. Megadeth shouldn't be opening for anyone.
I can't say that I disagree with you, my friend.

MXD is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
  #830
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I've gone on such a massive blind guardian kick lately... I thank you...
Fixed. You're welcome. I hardly ever see bands like that come over here, I guess most fans would be even more annoyed with the lineup if I got my "dream concert". But I guess that's something cool about latter-day metal. There are so many sub-genres, and so many bands these days. If they can even give it a teeny-metal flavour or whatever, well, that's some kind of difference from my heyday. It was all "teeny"-metal then, whether it was Motley Crue or Celtic Frost. And there was no chance at a concert as big or diverse as this Heavy MTL.

I can handle Bat Country and Beast and the Harlot too, so even though I don't really know AV7X, I expect that they will do a good show, even if there is a big "teeny-metal" element mixed in. They're big enough.

If I had to pay $120 for 6 bands I like, say Megadeth, Machine Head, Wintersun, Mastodon, Goddess, Finntroll, that sounds like a good deal. It's probably not enough to make me pay the train ticket and hotel, but if I lived in Montreal, I would be all over that. I bet I'd come away liking a few other bands and not liking a few more. It's kind of the fun of a festival setting. Are you guys spoiled? I have to take my kids to see "Fun." instead.

Blind Gardien is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:10 PM
  #831
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
The best bands are at the absolute bottom
Absolute bottom appears to be a different event, at the Metropolis.

MXD is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:13 PM
  #832
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
And Megadeth shouldn't be opening for a band like A7X. Megadeth shouldn't be opening for anyone.
beat me to it....THIS^^^^^^^^ Bigtime wtf is up with that..not that i dont' like avenged sevenfold...but just makes no sense

dreamingofdrouin* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:15 PM
  #833
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
I just hope Crazy Dave (Mustaine) says something about it during the set and goes off on a tangent.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:17 PM
  #834
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Fixed. You're welcome. I hardly ever see bands like that come over here, I guess most fans would be even more annoyed with the lineup if I got my "dream concert". But I guess that's something cool about latter-day metal. There are so many sub-genres, and so many bands these days. If they can even give it a teeny-metal flavour or whatever, well, that's some kind of difference from my heyday. It was all "teeny"-metal then, whether it was Motley Crue or Celtic Frost. And there was no chance at a concert as big or diverse as this Heavy MTL.

I can handle Bat Country and Beast and the Harlot too, so even though I don't really know AV7X, I expect that they will do a good show, even if there is a big "teeny-metal" element mixed in. They're big enough.

If I had to pay $120 for 6 bands I like, say Megadeth, Machine Head, Wintersun, Mastodon, Goddess, Finntroll, that sounds like a good deal. It's probably not enough to make me pay the train ticket and hotel, but if I lived in Montreal, I would be all over that. I bet I'd come away liking a few other bands and not liking a few more. It's kind of the fun of a festival setting. Are you guys spoiled? I have to take my kids to see "Fun." instead.
I hate to sound like one of "those people" who complains about line-ups and acts spoiled. I'm far from spoiled. I go to school in Sudbury and am from Ottawa where I've had little means of getting to places outside of Ottawa for concerts until now.

I'm just more or less frustrated because I got myself so pumped up for this festival and it just isn't what I expected it to be.

Oh well. Maybe next year?

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:44 PM
  #835
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
Alot of complining on here....for me personally...to see megadeth, of mice and men, halestorm, godsmack, avengedsevenfold and MACHINE ****ING HEAD LIVE is worth the buck fitty...but if its any consolation im sure children of bodom will be rockin the habs jerseys..from finland...so u see the connection..a certain former captain of ours.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 07:59 AM
  #836
mitchmagic
Registered User
 
mitchmagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Iceland
Posts: 1,464
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Who's at Sigur Ros tonight?

mitchmagic is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:20 AM
  #837
Captain_Cunney
Registered User
 
Captain_Cunney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bowling Alley
Country: England
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
I've gone every year & it seems every year people complain about the line-up yet the place is always crowded. You can't please everyone.

There is something for all, A7X sell passes to people who might not go otherwise. That's good for the long term viability, which is good for all metal fans.

Dont get me wrong, there is some weak stuff but I'm sure everyone has that opinion about certain bands.

I was sold with At the Gates $ Danzig f/Doyle. Megadeath, Amon Amarth, mastodon, bodom, GWAR (hopefully @ night!), wintersun, finntroll, baroness, machinehead & havok are all gravy. Well worth the $135.

There also appears to be room for about 10 more bands, 8 after the battle of the bands. I don't think any headliners get added but it could get stronger as the time comes.

Having high on fire make up for missing last summe would be a nice start.

Captain_Cunney is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
  #838
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Black sabbath is playing in Toronto on aug 14. Even though it would cost at least the same for that show that the whole weekend pass for mtl would cost I'm really thinking of going to sabbath instead. Avenged sevenfold as the headliner. Lmfao.

93gilmour93 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 02:53 PM
  #839
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I've gone every year & it seems every year people complain about the line-up yet the place is always crowded. You can't please everyone.

There is something for all, A7X sell passes to people who might not go otherwise. That's good for the long term viability, which is good for all metal fans.

Dont get me wrong, there is some weak stuff but I'm sure everyone has that opinion about certain bands.

I was sold with At the Gates $ Danzig f/Doyle. Megadeath, Amon Amarth, mastodon, bodom, GWAR (hopefully @ night!), wintersun, finntroll, baroness, machinehead & havok are all gravy. Well worth the $135.

There also appears to be room for about 10 more bands, 8 after the battle of the bands. I don't think any headliners get added but it could get stronger as the time comes.

Having high on fire make up for missing last summe would be a nice start.
Alice in Chains and Dimmu Borgir would be nice.

93gilmour93 is online now  
Old
04-04-2013, 06:58 PM
  #840
Disclose
Registered User
 
Disclose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,171
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Says the guy with a Kiss avy.
That year where they headlined with motorhead has to be my favorite show.
Anyways if you call them, they will come...! :d

Kiss july 25th at bell centre. Ohh yeahh!

Disclose is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:41 AM
  #841
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,100
vCash: 500


Not Montreal, but dude... 76$ for the entire festival. Wow.

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:47 AM
  #842
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 10,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post


Not Montreal, but dude... 76$ for the entire festival. Wow.
That's why i love the FEQ. Lineups are normally pretty decent and price is very reasonable , at least compared to Heavy MTL. Organization can sometimes be a bit rough like when Metallica was there 2 years ago but other than that it's a nice festival and i buy my bracelet pretty much every year.

Bronn is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:54 PM
  #843
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,717
vCash: 500
Sir Paul McCartney to play in Ottawa on July 7th:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...sic-event.html

SB164 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:58 PM
  #844
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post


Not Montreal, but dude... 76$ for the entire festival. Wow.
well **** you osheaga lol

Ceux de Montreal is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:00 PM
  #845
Tribu
Registered User
 
Tribu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post


Not Montreal, but dude... 76$ for the entire festival. Wow.
Damn that's a really solid lineup. Wu tang and Bassnectar

Tribu is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
  #846
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post


Not Montreal, but dude... 76$ for the entire festival. Wow.
I wanna see the Black Keys so bad. Hopefully a stop in Montreal, but I highly doubt so. Wouldn't mind seeing Weezer too. They were incredible at Osheaga 3 years ago.

Clumsyhab is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:37 PM
  #847
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,120
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I'm no fan of Rush, but shouldn't they be higher up on the bill? You'd think they'd be a headliner and not a DJ or Bruno Mars... oh well.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:20 AM
  #848
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,903
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
When does Osheaga release the daily lineup, and what about single day tickets?

Considering a day or two, probably can't go for the entire thing.

littleD is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 08:58 PM
  #849
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I wanna see the Black Keys so bad. Hopefully a stop in Montreal, but I highly doubt so. Wouldn't mind seeing Weezer too. They were incredible at Osheaga 3 years ago.
The Black Keys are also playing at the Ottawa BluesFest on July 4th. Tickets are approx. $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
When does Osheaga release the daily lineup, and what about single day tickets?

Considering a day or two, probably can't go for the entire thing.
Osheaga organizers are getting kinda greedy in my opinion. It never took them this long to release single day tickets. They're trying to sell as many $300 three day passes as they could. In the meanwhile, Quebec City and Ottawa have very good lineups and have already begun selling single day tickets.

SB164 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
  #850
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
The Black Keys are also playing at the Ottawa BluesFest on July 4th. Tickets are approx. $50.



Virgin Mobile Presents Osheaga
organizers are getting kinda greedy in my opinion. It never took them this long to release single day tickets. They're trying to sell as many $300 three day passes as they could. In the meanwhile, Quebec City and Ottawa have very good lineups and have already begun selling single day tickets.
Fixed it for you and therein lies the problem.

MJG is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.