HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Your Team's "Untouchables"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
  #226
Anth93
Registered User
 
Anth93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRenzo View Post
Those are the guys I really dont want to see traded, the only real untouchable is Karlsson. I would trade any of the other mentioned for a Crosby/Stamkos/Malkin.
Karlsson included.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:46 PM
  #227
TeamRenzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
This is such a montreal Canadiens fans' post it's unbelievable

The only untouchables for monteal would be

Price
Subban
Pacioretty
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
So if Pitt offers Crosby for Gallagher you wouldnt take it? I think people are mistaking untouchables for players they really wouldnt want traded.

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:48 PM
  #228
TeamRenzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Karlsson included.
Nah, Karlsson goes no where regardless of who is coming back. Before he went down to injury he was top three in the league and there was an argument that he is the best in the league.

If he didnt go down he would be leading our team in points and probably in top five in the league in scoring.

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
  #229
IHeartZherdev*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Are you kidding me?
No.

Jenner/Murray/Johansen are 3 of the best prospects in the NHL. Certainly better than any of the overrated Rangers/Habs/Leafs prospects in this thread. (that is based on their actual resumes of junior play, rating, and stats, not just absurd fan bias) ..so yes, untouchable.

Bob is the hottest goalie in the NHL ...so yes, untouchable.

As far as the other guys, Anisimov, Calvert, Atkinson, Erixon, etc....they are all playing really well, have lots of potential, are all very young and on cheap contracts. For a rebuilding team like the Jackets, that's exactly the kind of player you need and want to build around - and the kind you can't get rid of. Maybe on another roster they wouldn't be untouchable, but here they are.

Was Erixon untouchable in NYC when they had the potential to get Nash to put them over the top? No. But for a rebuilding team looking towards the future? Yes.

IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:08 PM
  #230
skimp
Registered User
 
skimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Sergei Bobrovsky
Boone Jenner
Ryan Murray
John Moore
Ryan Johansen
Cam Atkinson
Matt Calvert
Artem Anisimov
Tim Erixon
Jack Johnson
Derek Dorsett
Cody Golubef
Vinny Prospal
Oskar Dansk

and potentially Mark Letestu
Nice list. I'd add Jonathan Audy-Marchessault.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:08 PM
  #231
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
No.

Jenner/Murray/Johansen are 3 of the best prospects in the NHL. Certainly better than any of the overrated Rangers/Habs/Leafs prospects in this thread. (that is based on their actual resumes of junior play, rating, and stats, not just absurd fan bias) ..so yes, untouchable.

Bob is the hottest goalie in the NHL ...so yes, untouchable.

As far as the other guys, Anisimov, Calvert, Atkinson, Erixon, etc....they are all playing really well, have lots of potential, are all very young and on cheap contracts. For a rebuilding team like the Jackets, that's exactly the kind of player you need and want to build around - and the kind you can't get rid of. Maybe on another roster they wouldn't be untouchable, but here they are.

Was Erixon untouchable in NYC when they had the potential to get Nash to put them over the top? No. But for a rebuilding team looking towards the future? Yes.
You have no clue what the definition of untouchable is. Erixon would be traded for a number of prospects straight up and sure as hell a number of NHL players. Same goes for 99% of the guys you listed. And i know Erixon pretty well considering I'm a Rangers fan, same with Anisimov

Absurd.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:14 PM
  #232
IHeartZherdev*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
You have no clue what the definition of untouchable is. Erixon would be traded for a number of prospects straight up and sure as hell a number of NHL players.

Absurd.
Realistically? No he wouldn't.

The whole "so and so would be traded for Crosby" makes no sense as it would never happen.

However, say, the Ducks want to move Bobby Ryan for a 1st, and two top prospects. Would the Jackets trade Erixon, Jenner, and a first for Ryan? No, they wouldn't.

Would a team like the Flyers, Rangers, or another wannabe contender trade a first and top prospects for him? Yes.

I am thinking in terms of realistic deals, not if Jordan Eberle or Alex Semin or someone was proposed straight up, which is a joke. Again, it's not just about the talent/value of the players, but the value to the current team - a rebuilding team like the CBJ, highly rated prospects and young players are MORE valuable than say, any 27-year and older player, no matter how good, because they are rebuilding.

The CBJ aren't exactly in on the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes, nor are they looking for a veteran or a proven all-star. They are in drafting/developing/rebuilding mode - brick by brick. Hence, their young players and prospects are pretty much untouchable. I would have said these guys could be available for a Malcolm Subban, but now with Bob's emergence, the goalie hole no longer exists.

IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:20 PM
  #233
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Realistically? No he wouldn't.

The whole "so and so would be traded for Crosby" makes no sense as it would never happen.

However, say, the Ducks want to move Bobby Ryan for a 1st, and two top prospects. Would the Jackets trade Erixon, Jenner, and a first for Ryan? No, they wouldn't.

Would a team like the Flyers, Rangers, or another wannabe contender trade a first and top prospects for him? Yes.

I am thinking in terms of realistic deals, not if Jordan Eberle or Alex Semin or someone was proposed straight up, which is a joke. Again, it's not just about the talent/value of the players, but the value to the current team - a rebuilding team like the CBJ, highly rated prospects and young players are MORE valuable than say, any 27-year and older player, no matter how good, because they are rebuilding.

The CBJ aren't exactly in on the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes, nor are they looking for a veteran or a proven all-star. They are in drafting/developing/rebuilding mode - brick by brick. Hence, their young players and prospects are pretty much untouchable. I would have said these guys could be available for a Malcolm Subban, but now with Bob's emergence, the goalie hole no longer exists.
There are realistic scnearios that could include Erixon if they came to fruition, along with many other players on that list. if a team desperately wanted erixon and made it a priority, they could get him from CLB.

I think you're misconstruing high value to the team, versus being an untouchable.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:20 PM
  #234
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 8,551
vCash: 500
For Columbus I think the team is looking to hang onto Murray, Johnson, Johansen, and Bobrovsky pretty much no matter what.

Other than that, there are no untouchable players. You could even shorten that list down to Murray and Bobrovsky if you want a list of guys the GM won't even listen to offers for. I think some are confusing "would require ridiculous overpayment" for "untouchable."

Prospal may be untouchable for another reason, i.e. he plans to retire here and doesn't want to leave.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:21 PM
  #235
IHeartZherdev*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
And i know Erixon pretty well considering I'm a Rangers fan, same with Anisimov

Absurd.
Erixon played what, 15 games with the Rangers? Not sure that makes you an expert..


Last edited by SnS: 03-27-2013 at 01:29 PM.
IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:25 PM
  #236
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRenzo View Post
So if Pitt offers Crosby for Gallagher you wouldnt take it? I think people are mistaking untouchables for players they really wouldnt want traded.
Gretzky was traded. There is no player that is untouchable. There are only players that won't be realistically moved because the cost would be insane.

And for the record, the Habs have 4 guys that fall in that category:

Price
Subban
Galchenyuk
Pacioretty

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:28 PM
  #237
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Erixon played what, 15 games with the Rangers? Not sure that makes you an expert..
yea because i only followed him in the 15 nhl games he played.

so i'm going to stop arguing with someone who lists half of a non-playoff team as untouchable.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:32 PM
  #238
IHeartZherdev*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
yea because i only followed him in the 15 nhl games he played.

honestly, you're clueless. so i'm going to stop arguing with someone who lists half of a non-playoff team as untouchable.
Exactly - they are a non playoff team. That's the point. A non playoff team doesn't trade it's best prospects and young players....because they are building themselves into a playoff team.

And if you did follow Erixon, you'd know he dominated at the AHL level and since being called up this year has played very well at the NHL level. If you don't develop and hold on to your young, prospect at that position you end up giving Matt Carle, Dennis Wideman, or Wade Redden a massive contract in free agency.

IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:34 PM
  #239
hockeylover007
Registered User
 
hockeylover007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
Some mix of the following:

Kadri
Rielly
JVR
Kessel
Phaneuf
Lupul
Reimer
Theres no way these 2 are untouchable, I even doubt kessel and jvr are untouchable

hockeylover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:45 PM
  #240
shifting
Registered User
 
shifting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 763
vCash: 500
As of today in my opinion, the Blues don't have a single "Untouchable".

shifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:46 PM
  #241
TheDinosaur
Registered User
 
TheDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,410
vCash: 500
Weber
Rinne
Watson
Wilson

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:49 PM
  #242
HDZx
Registered User
 
HDZx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 50
Koivu
Parise
Suter
Brodin
Granlund

HDZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
  #243
BluesBrother
Registered User
 
BluesBrother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
I really don't understand how many untouchables people think their team has... As a blues fan, maybe, and I mean maybe, Pietrangelo.. And I like our players A LOT..

BluesBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:01 PM
  #244
GarretJoseph*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,614
vCash: 500
Henrik Lundqvist / Rick Nash / Derek Stepan / Ryan Mcdonagh

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:08 PM
  #245
M Gaz
Goalie Killer
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 2946
For the Rangers our only real untouchables are Lundqvist, McDonagh, and maybe Stepan with the way he's played lately. You could even include Callahan and Staal, because it would take A LOT for Sather to trade them away.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:10 PM
  #246
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: Scotland
Posts: 15,171
vCash: 500
I'd trade any player on my favorite team if it made the team better.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:12 PM
  #247
Filip Forceberg
Registered User
 
Filip Forceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
Weber
Rinne
Watson
Wilson
Watson?

Jesus Christ this thread is terrible.

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:51 PM
  #248
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,581
vCash: 500
Guys...the OP is asking who is flat-out untouchable, not to list off your cores. There's a difference.

For the Habs:

Subban
Price
Galchenyuk

Pretty much it. Can't see anyone else as being untouchable.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:16 PM
  #249
edsters
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Sedins
Kesler
Hamhuis

Everyone else can be had for the right overpayment

edsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:44 PM
  #250
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Avs:

Duchene
Landeskog
Varlamov
EJ
O'Reilly (although I'd probably say he is moveable due to his contract issues this year, but return would have to be over the top good)

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.