HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Some interesting picks. I just want to see all 3 of UND, DU and BC make the Frozen Four. A BC/UND or BC/DU final would be excellent to see.
Freakin St.Cloud is always a team I underestimate so your prediction wouldn't surprise me either. But being a Notre-Dame fan (well my 2nd NCAA team after Michigan), I just don't want to see it.

Tons of interesting picks yourself. Would actually be funnier the way you see it as there are a couple of surprises as well.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:32 PM
LeHaboholique

What exactly is the odds of Kristo's team losing? ( I just really want to see him play in Hamilton)

Old
03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
What exactly is the odds of Kristo's team losing? ( I just really want to see him play in Hamilton)
Well it is hockey so everything can happen...but losing against Niagara in the 1st round would be a huge upset. Though ND goaltending is somewhat of a mystery.

Then, it will be harder in the 2nd round to say the least especially if Minnesota is next, as they should very well be. Minny losing their 1st round would be an even greater upset.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well it is hockey so everything can happen...but losing against Niagara in the 1st round would be a huge upset. Though ND goaltending is somewhat of a mystery.

Then, it will be harder in the 2nd round to say the least especially if Minnesota is next, as they should very well be. Minny losing their 1st round would be an even greater upset.
I still couldn't believe how good Minnesota was when I saw then play back in November against Vermont. I think they should win the Frozen Four. Why did Dell turn pro ? He was their UNDs goalie right ?

Old
03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Saskatoon trailing 3-0.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I still couldn't believe how good Minnesota was when I saw then play back in November against Vermont. I think they should win the Frozen Four. Why did Dell turn pro ? He was their UNDs goalie right ?
Don't know why he did it. Though, I also had my doubts about Dell as well.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Saskatoon trailing 3-0.
Make that 4-0 and it should be 5-0.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Saskatoon trailing 3-0.
I know it doesn't happen often...but geez do I hope they stop with that hometown team that gets a freakin pass. They should stop that, keep the 3 winning team in each of their respective league. And then make a small tournament between the 3 teams that lost their league's finals.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Thrower had the chance to make up for a pathetic year....yet, it's slowly but surely becoming a pathetic playoffs as well...Only the Mem Cup left....but my prediction is that at the end of it...most people will ask Bergevin to trade him....Not sure it will be the best decision though. But he will have to respond next year.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Thrower had the chance to make up for a pathetic year....yet, it's slowly but surely becoming a pathetic playoffs as well...Only the Mem Cup left....but my prediction is that at the end of it...most people will ask Bergevin to trade him....Not sure it will be the best decision though. But he will have to respond next year.
My god, man.... It's only one year into his developement. Let's clam down.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Danleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
That's not the Habs fan way though.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:11 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

That's really unlike you, WS. Why are you so hasty with him?

Old
03-27-2013, 01:41 AM
TroyM

I don't think WS said anything radical... he said MOST PEOPLE not himself, he even said not sure it'd be a wise move. Just saying he had a real bad year and that most Habs fans turn on a dime and will perhaps turn on Thrower. I don't get the sense WS is being very down on him, just realistically saying he had a bad year and he'll have to rebound next year to get back in the good graces of fickle fans. I could be wrong though, that's how I see Thrower's situation though.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
That's really unlike you, WS. Why are you so hasty with him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I don't think WS said anything radical... he said MOST PEOPLE not himself, he even said not sure it'd be a wise move. Just saying he had a real bad year and that most Habs fans turn on a dime and will perhaps turn on Thrower. I don't get the sense WS is being very down on him, just realistically saying he had a bad year and he'll have to rebound next year to get back in the good graces of fickle fans. I could be wrong though, that's how I see Thrower's situation though.
That's about it. People loves to read what they want to read sometimes....I am dissapointed in his year for him. And somewhat, it is concerning based on his rookie season. But in NO WAY do I want him traded. Yet, based on what we saw when McDonagh had an average WJC, I suspect that based on this year, his playoffs, and let say a mediocre Mem Cup that SOME PEOPLE, not me, will want to see him gone.

If I would have wanted him out....I would not have written "But he will have to respond next year".

But people, if he doesn't respond next year, if his progression is stalled and so on...decisions will have to come. A player that stops his progression is always concerning for any management. Will they sign him nonetheless in 2014, maybe so but I will believe that he will need to show some kind of improvement. We have seen in the past players that were stalled in their development and weren't signed. Just saying that if it's the case and he doesn't pick it up, it might be the case for him. That's all.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:36 AM
katatoniak

I suppose the Canadiens will tell him to play another year of junior ?

Old
03-27-2013, 06:49 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
People said the same things after Tinordi's first year in the CHL.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:39 AM
niftymove

Quote:
Not exactly. Tinordi had a really bad first half of season where he struggled to adapt to the OHL.

But with the help and teaching of the Hunter's brothers, he showed a bit of improvement as the second half was going on, leaving us with some hope that he would make it.

Thrower, on the other way, leaves us with big question marks. He had some attitudes problems (Kristo here!) and missed many games, thanks to injury and suspension......so who is the real Thrower: the 2013 or the 2012 one???

Anyway, it always lights some worrys when a hockey prospect regresses somehow in a season.

You can give me tens of examples of players who had a bad year but ended up as nhlers, but generally speaking, the odds are against that kind of prospects.

We need to wait and see in his case: 2013-2014 season should tell us who is the real Thrower.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Except this is Thrower's 4th year in the WHL.

Dietz scored last night when the game was out of reach.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
I know it doesn't happen often...but geez do I hope they stop with that hometown team that gets a freakin pass. They should stop that, keep the 3 winning team in each of their respective league. And then make a small tournament between the 3 teams that lost their league's finals.
That's an exciting idea, although you'd have to extend an already long season and take away the excitement of a home team underdog winning it all like Shawinigan last year.

Maybe have the host team in that tournament?

Just for fun:
3 league champs: Halifax, Portland, London
3 runners up: Quebec, Edmonton, Belleville plus Saskatoon

Old
03-27-2013, 10:03 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
I know this sounds bad but I will go against UND. I really want Kristo to join the Habs or the Dogs. It will be great for him
Wouldn't you rather see him join the Habs as the Hobey Baker winner and National Champion though?

Imagine how he'd fly with that under his wings, he would be an unstoppable secret weapon in the playoffs!

Old
03-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Except this is Thrower's 4th year in the WHL.

Dietz scored last night when the game was out of reach.
It's going to be a long couple of weeks for the Blades. Ouch!!!

Old
03-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Tons of differences....

1- Tinordi had to adapt to a new league.
2- Tinordi was not expected to have an offensive touch to his game. While he did struggle also as far as his defensive game, people were mostly dissapointed with the fact that he didn't dominated the say people expected.
3- Please refer to my last comment of my post....In his 2nd year...Tinordi actually RESPONDED, played better in all spheres of the game. He slowly showed some offensive touch, with a pretty going playoffs in that domain.

Thrower had a great rookie year. Showed some toughness, offensive skills and some defensive reliability. This year, he was suspended. Still look tough, but lost his offensive skills and looks even less reliable defensively, borderline lazy in some occasions I've seen him. So it was a really bad year SO FAR. He has the Mem Cup left to proove his worth. And will mostly has to play better next year to be seriously looked at for a contract. See, myself, I probably even sign him even if he's only slighly better than this year. His overall package might be worth it even with a subpar performance. But our expectations will automatically need to be revised. I don't really think that a junior player that doesn't progress as his junior career progresses, will actually be a key player in a NHL team. I mean, not the same type of player, but look at Thomas Hickey progression.....Not doing too badly at the NHL level....but totally replaceable. Isles wouldn't be a worst team without him. He even wasn't their best farm team D.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Habaddict

Thanks to "That" and "Montreal" for the updates on Didier and Sullivan.
With Sullivan, this still sounds positive. A really good skater, that is doing
good job of putting on muscles. And a strong program that is a least
breaking him in at this level. Hopefully he can earn more ice-time next year.
Didier is sounding promising. A big shutdown guy with leadership ability.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
Does anyone have his updated size/weight..and or scouting report on this guy...thanks

Old
03-27-2013, 12:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Freakin St.Cloud is always a team I underestimate so your prediction wouldn't surprise me either. But being a Notre-Dame fan (well my 2nd NCAA team after Michigan), I just don't want to see it.

Tons of interesting picks yourself. Would actually be funnier the way you see it as there are a couple of surprises as well.
SCSU has looked good this year in the few times i've seen them so we'll see what they do. I was also very impressed with how Notre Dame played against Michigan, I could see them going far as well. Should be a lot of fun this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
Almost zero on Friday but after that it's anyones guess.

Quote:
Minn has a good team, they could easily win it all this year just hope that we see a North Dakota/Minnesota game on Saturday and that UND takes it (though that willbe tough)

Quote:
Saskatoon trailing 3-0.
I watched much of the 1st, the Blades looked like they had no idea what to do, i'm surprised it wasn't 10-0 as it was that ugly. Very soft in their own end. The good news is that they should at least have a lot of time to work on things before the Memorial Cup.

Quote:
Would be silly to trade him, personally I don't think he's played that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
I suppose the Canadiens will tell him to play another year of junior ?
I hope not. Several times i've noticed when watching the blades, they don't seem to be well coached. Would not want to see him back there, no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
Sullivan hasn't looked very good at all though, so we'll need to see how much he improves each year. Didier has been much more impressive in each of his 2 seasons so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Does anyone have his updated size/weight..and or scouting report on this guy...thanks
I don't but can say that Didier is a big boy. He moves well and plays a defensive style, along with a good physical game.

Closed Thread