HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

vCash: 500
I believe Boyle and Pyatt will be dealt. Last night Boyle was showcased on Richards wing.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:51 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think the difference would be that on the 3rd line in NY, the Rangers have talent to play with. In Carolina, they don't. In Carolina they want their 3rd line to be a defensive line. The Rangers had that. Last night they did not with Richards on the 3rd line.

That would be the difference. He can't be a checking line forward which is fine because the LW depth on this team is abysmal.
I strongly disagree with the notion that our forwards are more talented than Carolina's. Who on our team is a 100 point center? Then you have Jordan Staal who would be good enough to be a 1c on this team. Not only that but you have Tlusty who has more goals than anyone on our team. Not to mention Skinner who has insane ability, and Semin who is capable of 40 goals any given season, as well as blossoming into a playmaking winger.

Not to mention how phenomenal Joni Pitkanen is with the puck on his stick, I believe he has better vision/passing than MDZ in the O-zone. Their forwards obliterate ours, while we have the advantage in our defense and goaltending. So Jokinen isn't suffering down in Raleigh, quite the opposite actually on a team loaded up-front with Ruutu, Jokinen, Staal, Staal, Skinner, Semin, Tlusty (all would be top 6 forwards on this team).

Old
03-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Hell yes to Ott.

Knowing these ridiculous prices though, Ott will probably go for a 1st + high end prospect.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Don't think we'll be making any more trades for wingers my man. I think the Rangers just went through hell to get Fast over here, same with Zuccarello.

We'll maybe see a trade for a defender (similar to a Morris). Half season rental with some sort of use. Hamrlik doesn't seem to be getting the job done.

Also, Boyle has underperformed a bunch this year but I don't think we should trade him. He's turning it around. He fights for his team mates, I don't think another mercenary would do as good of a job as him at this stage of the season. We're a hot streak away from making an impact in the east. We have still yet to find the identity of this seasons team. Trading important locker room guys isn't the answer to finding it.
With OTT and MON this week and home and home against Pitt the following the reality is we are on the verge of being pretty much out of it if we can't at least split against PITT and win both in Canada . Lose all 4 in regs and we are finished .
That being said I'm not advocating a trade for JU Jo . He's a better player than PYatt by a long shot however but the cap doesn't seem to fit

Old
03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Yes to Ott.

For Boyle, Powe, and a 3rd? LOL

Old
03-27-2013, 01:55 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I strongly disagree with the notion that our forwards are more talented than Carolina's. Who on our team is a 100 point center? Then you have Jordan Staal who would be good enough to be a 1c on this team. Not only that but you have Tlusty who has more goals than anyone on our team. Not to mention Skinner who has insane ability, and Semin who is capable of 40 goals any given season, as well as blossoming into a playmaking winger.

Not to mention how phenomenal Joni Pitkanen is with the puck on his stick, I believe he has better vision/passing than MDZ in the O-zone. Their forwards obliterate ours, while we have the advantage in our defense and goaltending. So Jokinen isn't suffering down in Raleigh, quite the opposite actually on a team loaded up-front with Ruutu, Jokinen, Staal, Staal, Skinner, Semin, Tlusty (all would be top 6 forwards on this team).
Outside of those players you just mentioned who do they have?

Where does he play?

Semin-Staal-Tlusty
Skinner-Staal-Ruutu
Jokinen....

That was my point. Depth.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:55 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Mats Zuccarello says hello!
I don't know that i'd consider him a re-tread since we technically always owned him.

I'm talking about guys who it would really be there second stint with the Rangers.

Even Avery i wouldn't consider much of a re-tread since it was the next season.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Sabres are not trading Ott for Boyle, Thomas + 3rd? maybe.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Sabres are not trading Ott for Boyle, Thomas + 3rd? maybe.
Keep going.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
03-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Keep going.
That's what's the Sabres will be saying to the bidders. A lot of teams would love to have him.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
That's what's the Sabres will be saying to the bidders. A lot of teams would love to have him.
Yeah, that's why if we get him, it will be for pieces that we don't want to give up.

Closed Thread