HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Burns is not the answer. Foster is basically v2.0 of Burns. Size, but doesn't use it
One Coburn is enough?

03-27-2013, 01:13 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post

BTW..I heard this Burns chap was pretty Brutal Gervais on the backend until his move to forward?
Gervais is getting a real bum rap around here. He's 80% of Matt Carle for 1/10 of the price.

He's been a solid #6.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:14 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
except they have a goalie in net they could build around
Bryz as a goalie is fine going into next season.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:15 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I heard Timonen was house sitting for Giroux during the lockout, and forgot to feed his fish. They all died, and Giroux hasn't been the same since.
I heard he slept with Giroux's future wife...whoever she is.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:17 PM
BillDineen

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eller/2025099/

"Philadelphia Flyers (buyer): GM Paul Holmgren is looking for a blue-chip defenseman. Potential trade asset Danny Briere is out with a concussion."

I know it is just an article, but "buyer" better not be what Homer is thinking.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:20 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
we're not going to trade our 2014 first and not have a 1st round pick in the draft that's in philadelphia either.
I realize that, but if that pick is the main centerpiece to getting mike green in the summer I do that deal every day of the week.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:22 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Bryz as a goalie is fine going into next season.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
not interested in adding salary.
People speculate that the Flyers would like Burns because hes big. he isnt that good defenively. pass.
What if they're also shedding salary in that move or in others? I don't think he's a bad piece to acquire for the right price, provided they move other salary.

Quote:
Burns is not the answer. Foster is basically v2.0 of Burns. Size, but doesn't use it
Accept he's younger, an actual solid player, and a 40ish point defenseman. Foster had one good year, and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post

"Philadelphia Flyers (buyer): GM Paul Holmgren is looking for a blue-chip defenseman. Potential trade asset Danny Briere is out with a concussion."

Buying doesn't necessarily hurt if they're selling too. They sold Forsberg, but also bought Coburn in a sense.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:27 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:

Buyer is fine...if we are buying "youth" for vets. If we can get a yandle or green for a non or low roster player and not our 2013 first...heck ya IMO.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:30 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
I realize that, but as the major centerpiece for Mike Green, are you kidding me...every day of the week.
Injured band-aid. Not a long-term solution. No thanks, though it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Flyers went after him.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:32 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:

You can facepalm all the **** you want. Hopefully you've saved a few for yourself. Why don't you assemble a defense that can help out the goalie before you buy somebody out. Maybe you can see how Bryz does with improved team defense before you look for other options. How does that sound to you?

Old
03-27-2013, 01:35 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
You can facepalm all the **** you want. Hopefully you've saved a few for yourself. Why don't you assemble a defense that can help out the goalie before you buy somebody out. Maybe you can see how Bryz does with improved team defense before you look for other options. How does that sound to you?

Should the Flyers get more wingers to try with Briere instead of moving him or buying him out as well?

Old
03-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Psuhockey

Burns is currently playing forward. If Holmgren wanted to scout him as a defensive upgrade, he picked a really bad week to due so.

Origin of a junk rumor:
Someone more respected than you (Russo) sees Holmgren watching Minnesota versus Sharks.
Disregard college tournament being played in same arena (probably don't know it went on since that requires actual hockey knowledge)
Since others have beaten you to the punch with a Boyle rumor, need to come up with a new guy no one thought of to get readers
Demers too unknown to drive hits (probably doesn't know who that is)
Flyers interested in Brett Burns

Old
03-27-2013, 01:37 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:

gotta love those Bryz-lovers. It's never his fault!

Old
03-27-2013, 01:37 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
Injured band-aid. Not a long-term solution. No thanks, though it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Flyers went after him.
He's not <that> injury prone. He's still a top pmd IMO. Only 27 and easily replaces KTs offensive role.

I think people have been really spoiled with kimmo here, and don't really value how consistent and available he has been.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:40 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:

Man, bryz is far from perfect...but if you think that the team in front plays very little factor I think you are dreaming.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Burns is currently playing forward. If Holmgren wanted to scout him as a defensive upgrade, he picked a really bad week to due so.
Is that for a reason other than him being horrible defensively? I honestly didn't think he was that bad. I remember people being high on him a few years back.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:

I'm not even a Bryz lover, don't even ****ing give me that. So let me ask you right now, where are we going to get another goalie from? What assets are being given up? How's all this taking place.

Quote:

Should the Flyers get more wingers to try with Briere instead of moving him or buying him out as well?
Should the Flyers get some PMD to pair with the defensive D instead of just trading them all away?

Same question to you then...whose going to be the goalie?

Old
03-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
He's not <that> injury prone. He's still a top pmd IMO. Only 27 and easily replaces KTs offensive role.
I don't know, he's spent a lot of time injured this year already, as well as last year. Maybe even the year before, I don't remember specifically.

If he can stay healthy though he could be very, very good for the team.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:43 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Man, bryz is far from perfect...but if you think that the team in front plays very little factor I think you are dreaming.
I never said it's entirely Bryz's fault. I am however saying that he isn't helping his cause.

He'll never be what he all hoped he would be (our franchise goalie) because he was never that that good to begin with. Is he capable of playing like a starter? Of course he is, but he can't and will never do it consistently.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:45 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
I never said it's entirely Bryz's fault. I am however saying that he isn't helping his cause.

He'll never be what he all hoped he would be (our franchise goalie) because he was never that that good to begin with. Is he capable of playing like a starter? Of course he is, but he can't and will never do it consistently.

Oh...I didn't know you were a mother ****in wizard. I'm sorry good sir.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Kevin Danko
Couple of Drinks Bud

vCash: 897
Quote:

See Michael Leighton...Team Defense.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:48 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
I'm not even a Bryz lover, don't even ****ing give me that. So let me ask you right now, where are we going to get another goalie from? What assets are being given up? How's all this taking place.

actually, we had our goaltender. You know, the guy that's almost single handedly putting a terrible Columbus team in the playoffs? But no, we traded him because our incompetent owner didn't have any patience.

Who should we get to replace Bryz? Does it really matter? You could pay someone the league minimum to give us what Bryz does for $5.5m

Personally, I'd go after Bishop in OTT. Hell, I'd rather sign Eriksson from the SEL and run with him than be stuck with Bryz for the next 6 years

Old
03-27-2013, 01:48 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:

I agree on most. I disagree though, I think he's a good and dependable starter in a certain context. We don't give him that context...IMO.

If he had signed a 5 year deal...I'd be perfectly happy keeping him.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Kevin Danko
Couple of Drinks Bud

vCash: 897
Quote:
If he had signed a 5 year deal...I'd be perfectly happy keeping him.
Why? What has prevented us from trading a guy or dropping a guy with a long term contract in the past?

If this club suddenly sours on Bryz and thinks he is the cause of all that is wrong with this club - seriously don't think they'd hang on because of a contract...a contract is basically a joke in this league.

Closed Thread