HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013, 2nd overall, Florida) III

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Finnpin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
No, but he was the Head European Scout of the organization that drafted this Alexander "oh-so-good-at-the-combine" Ruuttu. He happens to be his father as well.
I know what you ment there. Christian actually said he didn't want Alexander to get picked by Phoenix and he wasn't the one making the calls there. Suspicious it looks though...

Old
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktos View Post
I believe they can still take his measurements and interview him even with the broken wrist. The tests don't matter anyway that much.
Pulkkinen was recovering from shoulder surgery during the Combine, he got measured and took one test (right wrist grip strength), where he actually tested quite high IIRC.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
I know what you ment there. Christian actually said he didn't want Alexander to get picked by Phoenix and he wasn't the one making the calls there. Suspicious it looks though...
He said he excused himself from all discussion when his son became the subject and wasn't pleased at all for his son's sake that he was drafted by Phoenix. He left Phoenix for LA because of his son.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
New rumours that it is shoulder injury. Major shoulder injury requires surgery and recovery process can take up to 6 months or even more. Minor shoulder injury recovers in 1 week to few weeks.
If it really is a shoulder injury then I'm sure this kid is destined to be an Oiler.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:01 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
If it really is a shoulder injury then I'm sure this kid is destined to be an Oiler.
lol.

Will fit there with Hall, RNH, Hemsky, Whitney, Harti.. sure there are others.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:07 PM
JJTT

vCash: 50
Any actual reports by tappara's coaching staff about barkov's injury? All i could find was some iltalehti's articles or something like this

http://www.urheiluveikkaus.com/jaaki...-suihkuun.html

Old
03-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Any actual reports by tappara's coaching staff about barkov's injury? All i could find was some iltalehti's articles or something like this

According to a Twitter rumor, his arm is in a sling and will be examined tomorrow.

Check out the latest tweets here: https://twitter.com/TapparaMies

Old
03-28-2013, 04:20 AM
edd1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post

That's what i've been trying to find. Still no info about that which is quite normal in playoffs.

I think there's a good chance that we'll still see Barkov in these playoffs.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:57 AM
Jagemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e View Post
That's what i've been trying to find. Still no info about that which is quite normal in playoffs.

I think there's a good chance that we'll still see Barkov in these playoffs.
Your guess is as good as anyones. First you say that you can't find any information but then you say that there is a good chance that he will play?

Old
03-28-2013, 05:51 AM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kiekko/11948...+terveita.html

"It is playoffs, every player is healthy"

Old
03-28-2013, 06:42 AM
edd1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagemon View Post
Your guess is as good as anyones. First you say that you can't find any information but then you say that there is a good chance that he will play?
Yes. Because im optimistic and i dont see anywhere a reliable source saying he's injured. You want me to explain myself more clearly?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Henderson19

Here's the story: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=15783

Sidelined "indefinitely."

Old
03-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Musashi

Corey Pronman is reporting he's done for the season

Old
03-28-2013, 05:02 PM
JJTT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Brodziak View Post
Finnish media would have alredy reported it if that were true.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Brodziak View Post
No one knows what Barkov's situation is. His results from the MRI/X-Rays will be evaluated tomorrow.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:59 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Still worth any pick in the top 4, no matter what.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:19 AM
vanskillZ

Season over, as per Tapparas website

Old
03-29-2013, 04:00 AM
Oan

Bummer.

What I don't understand is that why some people now think that this affects his draft ranking? This is Barkovs first "bigger" injury iirc, and he hasn't been prone to injuries before, and the situation which resulted to this injury was mostly due to bad luck.

He has already had a monster of a season, and I'd be amazed if he goes outside top 4.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:04 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

It doesn't change a thing.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:29 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
Bummer.

What I don't understand is that why some people now think that this affects his draft ranking? This is Barkovs first "bigger" injury iirc, and he hasn't been prone to injuries before, and the situation which resulted to this injury was mostly due to bad luck.

He has already had a monster of a season, and I'd be amazed if he goes outside top 4.
No one has claimed that it will hurt his stock. The thing is that there is less than a month left from the season. He is already playing NHL13 according to his twitter. So it's most likely a shoulder injury. It remains to see if it needs surgery but if not he will be in full condition at the combine. Now he can improve his skating by riding bike, getting more leg strength and doing skating practices. The main thing is that Barkov was doing excellent at playoffs until the injury. He was arguably series MVP until the injury and constantly good in every game. Galchenyuk was injured for a year and went top 3. Connolly, Rielly and many others went top 5 when they were injured for most of the year. Barkov misses about 1 month which isn't much for the NHL scouts. It's a shame that Barkov is not playing in semifinals or WHC but excited seeing him at combine and the draft.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Finnpin

Done for the season and shoulder. I just hoped Tappara would give more info, like does is it need surgery?

Old
03-29-2013, 07:49 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
No one has claimed that it will hurt his stock. The thing is that there is less than a month left from the season. He is already playing NHL13 according to his twitter. So it's most likely a shoulder injury. It remains to see if it needs surgery but if not he will be in full condition at the combine. Now he can improve his skating by riding bike, getting more leg strength and doing skating practices. The main thing is that Barkov was doing excellent at playoffs until the injury. He was arguably series MVP until the injury and constantly good in every game. Galchenyuk was injured for a year and went top 3. Connolly, Rielly and many others went top 5 when they were injured for most of the year. Barkov misses about 1 month which isn't much for the NHL scouts. It's a shame that Barkov is not playing in semifinals or WHC but excited seeing him at combine and the draft.
6 months or so, not the whole year.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:55 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
6 months or so, not the whole year.
For a season? I used wrong words but still the main point is that if Barkov misses 1month of the season it won't hurt his stock.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Oan

Man, some people at jatkoaika.com...(finnish hfboards equivalent) http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/show...&postcount=339 for other Finns here, start reading from that post on for laughs or

Basically they are now certain that this injury ruined his top 5 chances, and now he is borderline top 15, and some are even thinking he is going to have tough time being even the 1st round...what the **** are they smoking? Wish I had account there, so I could give some input, but that place seems to be very inbred, I have tried to apply there twice but no success...

Old
03-29-2013, 10:38 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
For a season? I used wrong words but still the main point is that if Barkov misses 1month of the season it won't hurt his stock.
He did plat some games, though he was obv. rusty from break it showed that his knee isn't totally ****ed. Well, with medicine science now it's pretty rare imo.

And he had awesome results on the bike .

But yes.. unless it's torn labrum or rotator cuff, I don't see it affecting his draft position at all. And even then not by much imo.

Missing those few games means basically nothing.

Scouts and NHL teams don't care what you can do in FEL finals or U-18s.

They care about your abilities and potential and they haven't gone anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
Man, some people at jatkoaika.com...(finnish hfboards equivalent) http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/show...&postcount=339 for other Finns here, start reading from that post on for laughs or

Basically they are now certain that this injury ruined his top 5 chances, and now he is borderline top 15, and some are even thinking he is going to have tough time being even the 1st round...what the **** are they smoking? Wish I had account there, so I could give some input, but that place seems to be very inbred, I have tried to apply there twice but no success...

Some think Risto will go before Barkov?

Well I might be deadly wrong but I believe when I see it and not a second later.

Closed Thread