HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead - Season 4 (Part I)

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Does it really matter? It's a TV show.
I guess not, maybe next episode Rick will start flying and poop napalm over Woodbury

Old
03-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
I guess not, maybe next episode Rick will start flying and poop napalm over Woodbury
The sarcasm implies that wouldn't actually be freaking awesome.

It would be.

Old
03-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Disappointed that they dragged this battle out this long but it's still damn good TV. That was pretty rough having to watch Daryl take care of his brother.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
It should be done in Terry Gilliam animation style, coupled with some old music.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:26 AM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I'm hoping/expecting they do that. I can already see all the new "It' a trap!" gifs/memes.
IT would be worth it just for the memes

Old
03-27-2013, 06:39 AM
AZPenguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Absolutely there needs to be an explanation. Doesn't matter how lame it might be, I hate when there's a plot premise of "this ridiculous thing happened and you just have to accept it, watch the show/movie and enjoy it, dammit!"
As far as the comic is concerned Kirkman has said he will never tell what caused it. Since he also writes for the show I am guessing it won't either.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

Ehh, they didn't even start the war. I have a feeling it's not going to be a very long one. Maybe 10 minutes of decent action.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:03 AM
TheBeastCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Ehh, they didn't even start the war. I have a feeling it's not going to be a very long one. Maybe 10 minutes of decent action.
Or it won't be done.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:17 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
anyone notice that the car merele was driving changed rims in one shot? It went from the big 22" or 24" blades to 16" spokes for one quick shot when he was driving through the farmyard on the way to the slaughter lol.

Not a huge oops but I found it funny.

Great episode though!! this sunday is going to be great with TWD and GOT!

Old
03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
wedge

One thing that bugs me is that since the attack on the prison from the governor, Rick's group has never cleaned up the fields. I don't know if they've repaired the fences. They talked about farming at the beginning of the season but they haven't done it. I know they have other worries but people like Carol and Beth could do something while the baby sleeps.

Or at least clean the walkers from the fields and prepare a very good defense in case of a surprise attack. Seems to me they've only been hiding close to the building.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:07 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
One thing that bugs me is that since the attack on the prison from the governor, Rick's group has never cleaned up the fields. I don't know if they've repaired the fences. They talked about farming at the beginning of the season but they haven't done it. I know they have other worries but people like Carol and Beth could do something while the baby sleeps.

Or at least clean the walkers from the fields and prepare a very good defense in case of a surprise attack. Seems to me they've only been hiding close to the building.
When there is the constant threat of people shooting from the brush, I would keep out of the open fields, too.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:32 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:

The walkers work as a defence system really, any attacker must deal with them when they enter the prison. Of course, a few dozen walkers isn't much but atleast they have to waste some ammo on them (unless they would be smart enough like Merle was when he flanked the Governor's group while they were distracted by the walkers, they could do something similar).

Although, they could really use some more defensive systems because the walls are pretty weak as it was shown before. Digging a trench or two through the yard could prevent attackers from just driving in.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:47 PM
southpaw24

What im surprised about the group at the prison is how the haven't had someone on the roof as a spotter/sniper

Old
03-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
What im surprised about the group at the prison is how the haven't had someone on the roof as a spotter/sniper
They have. When Andrea was caught by the Gov, Rick was outside with his sniper. There have been other times where Glenn, Maggie and even Carl I think have been keeping a look out.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:52 PM
duckchobbins

I have a feeling there really won't be much of a war. The Woodbury group will drive to the prison and take out the towers early in the episode, then run back to Woodbury to get more troops. By the time they return to attack the prison full boot, Rick and the gang will have packed up and will be leaving. Hershel will recognize that he will only slow them down in the escape, so he's going to grab a rifle and head up to a roof and start picking off Woodbury guys while the rest of the good guys escape the prison. In the end, Hershel is killed close range by the Governor, everyone else lives. S4 will be the Governor on the road with Martinez searching for Rick

I know, what about Andrea? I don't know, and are you really that concerned anyway?

Old
03-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
Too bad they didn't bring Morgan back. He could booby-trap the hell out of the prison.

03-27-2013, 02:52 PM
SilasAdams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Too bad they didn't bring Morgan back. He could booby-trap the hell out of the prison.
Still think this could happen or atleast Morgan in the finale some how

Old
03-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Hope they end the whole Woodbury/Governor story arc... it was good, he was good, etc, no complaints about it all, but it's such an open-ended world they live in and so many other places they could go and things they could find out there... why spend more than 1 season on this one psycho and one little town? The show isn't going to run for 10 years. Give us something new in Season 4, svp. Death to the governor, the prison gets wrecked bad enough that Rick's group has to move on, but... let's move on. With the usual quota of casualties/surprises along the way in the finale, sure. But new story arc, SVP. Season 4 should open kinda like Season 2 with them on the road to... somewhere/something new.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:21 PM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I have a feeling there really won't be much of a war. The Woodbury group will drive to the prison and take out the towers early in the episode, then run back to Woodbury to get more troops. By the time they return to attack the prison full boot, Rick and the gang will have packed up and will be leaving. Hershel will recognize that he will only slow them down in the escape, so he's going to grab a rifle and head up to a roof and start picking off Woodbury guys while the rest of the good guys escape the prison. In the end, Hershel is killed close range by the Governor, everyone else lives. S4 will be the Governor on the road with Martinez searching for Rick

I know, what about Andrea? I don't know, and are you really that concerned anyway?
with his unlimited ammo cheat, he could do some serious damage. lol

Old
03-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

Would like to see Herschel do some sniping, would be very dramatic as killing people destroys him.

Obviously it does everyone, but remember the bar and the barn.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
with his unlimited ammo cheat, he could do some serious damage. lol
that s2 finale battle scene was ridiculous. I think Hershel shot 30+ times with that shotgun that holds 6-8 rounds tops. I do gotta say I thought Hershel was a goner during that scene until Rick showed up literally at the last possible second and saved him. Hershel has had the closest calls out of the group IMO and I have a feeling he won't make it. But since that's the obvious choice the show has to axe another central characte for the "shock value". I just hope it's not Daryl. Only Rick and Carl are off limits IMO on who they can't lose from the show due to those 2 being the central characters/relationship.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
that s2 finale battle scene was ridiculous. I think Hershel shot 30+ times with that shotgun that holds 6-8 rounds tops. I do gotta say I thought Hershel was a goner during that scene until Rick showed up literally at the last possible second and saved him. Hershel has had the closest calls out of the group IMO and I have a feeling he won't make it. But since that's the obvious choice the show has to axe another central characte for the "shock value". I just hope it's not Daryl. Only Rick and Carl are off limits IMO on who they can't lose from the show due to those 2 being the central characters/relationship.
Herschel is done.

Once he gave Glen his blessing to marry Maggie, that's his swansong. No longer needed.

You can't take a hobble along for the ride into the deeps.

Hope the baby dies soon too.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

It's very weird reading people who say they want to see the baby die. I know its just a TV show but still..

Old
03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPenguins View Post
As far as the comic is concerned Kirkman has said he will never tell what caused it. Since he also writes for the show I am guessing it won't either.
What an *******.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
It's very weird reading people who say they want to see the baby die. I know its just a TV show but still..
90% of the people posting in this thread apparently want the whole series to be a sausage fest.

Closed Thread