HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread/Go CrAzY!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 01:55 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
JT Miller
I lol'd

Old
03-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
JT Miller
I would agree, minus the sarcasm. That would be our equivalent prospect. And I am not sure I trade him for Ott.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would agree, minus the sarcasm. That would be our equivalent prospect. And I am not sure I trade him for Ott.
So you're saying you'd consider it?

I would hang up the phone immediately.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Why would anybody ask Jim Cerny about trade rumors. He's a mouthpiece for the Rangers he's not gonna comment on which player might be traded or who they might be interested in.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:58 PM
beastly115

Can we trade coaches under the new CBA? What if we retain Torts' full salary and let him coach for free somewhere else?

Old
03-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
If we could get Gaborik "working again", that would be worth ten fold of what he would bring in a trade. Hopefully it is just a matter of time before he is back to his old self
There are very few Gaborik trades that would make sense, I think.

While we're on the topic of Ott, I would be open to a 3 way trade that would send Gaborik to L.A., Justin Williams and Steve Ott to N.Y., and picks and prospects to Buffalo.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
So you're saying you'd consider it?

I would hang up the phone immediately.
That's rude. I would politely say no.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:11 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Ott was traded with Adam Pardy's bad contract for monetary reasons for Derek Roy who will be traded next week. Roy will go for a 2nd and a prospect unless Pittsburgh decides they need him and they overpay for him. Buffalo didn't have a big market for Roy. He had a $5.5M salary. They tried real hard to trade him and then they sort of settled for Ott just to get rid of Roy. At the deadline last season,Dallas tried to trade Ott and Morrow they didn't. Then they trade Ott for Roy with one year remaining. Teams aren't trading core assets for Ott. Ribeiro went for Eakin and a 2nd. That's what Roy will go for.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ott was traded with Adam Pardy's bad contract for monetary reasons for Derek Roy who will be traded next week. Roy will go for a 2nd and a prospect unless Pittsburgh decides they need him and they overpay for him. Buffalo didn't have a big market for Roy. He had a $5.5M salary. They tried real hard to trade him and then they sort of settled for Ott just to get rid of Roy. At the deadline last season,Dallas tried to trade Ott and Morrow they didn't. Then they trade Ott for Roy with one year remaining. Teams aren't trading core assets for Ott. Ribeiro went for Eakin and a 2nd. That's what Roy will go for.
Well put RB. However, I can see the Bruins overpaying for him if they don't land Iginla.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Esa 10

Torres is a far more realistic target than Ott. There's a thread on the Main Trade Board with Maloney quotes about being on the verge of selling. They lost 4 straight and are 4 points out with 4 teams to jump over. 4s everywhere.

Torres, Gordon, Sullivan, Morris, Klesla available. Considering the Maloney / Sather relationship and the NYR need for a guy like Torres or Ott, I'd say Torres is the likelier of the two. He doesn't take face-offs or kill penalties, so should cost significantly less than Ott. A team in NYR position can't be picky.

Last edited by Esa 10: 03-27-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Graves94

Quote:
If we could get Gaborik "working again", that would be worth ten fold of what he would bring in a trade. Hopefully it is just a matter of time before he is back to his old self
The only way Gaborik will start producing again, is when we put him on his natural position on the wing and use him on the first PP unit.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
The only way Gaborik will start producing again, is when we put him on his natural position on the wing and use him on the first PP unit.
So why not do it? The upside being 40 goals in a normal season. The downside? I think we're seen it.
Seriously, it cannot get much worse than its been the last couple of months.
Lets put players in the position to succeed, not fail.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
Torres is a far more realistic target than Ott. There's a thread on the Main Trade Board with Maloney quotes about being on the verge of selling. They lost 4 straight and are 4 points out with 4 teams to jump over. 4s everywhere.

Torres, Gordon, Sullivan, Morris, Klesla available. Considering the Maloney / Sather relationship and the NYR need for a guy like Torres or Ott, I'd say he's much likelier than Ott.
The difference is that Ott actually provides a useful skillset. Torres runs around and hits people while he's not busy being suspended for other hits.

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Please, Gaborik is an abomination on the PP point if its not a 4 on 3 where he has tons of room.

The guy isnt much of a playmaker.

Gaborik will start scoring again when he worries less about what position hes playing and more about keeping his feet moving.

And even then, hes a ghost in the physical games.

Old
Graves94

Quote:
So why not do it? The upside being 40 goals in a normal season. The downside? I think we're seen it.
Seriously, it cannot get much worse than its been the last couple of months.
Lets put players in the position to succeed, not fail.
I don't know why? Let's ask Tort's

Old
03-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
I don't know why? Let's ask Tort's
Yeah lets try that, too bad he is not on twitter, ey? Haha, what a sideshow that would be

Old
03-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Yeah lets try that, too bad he is not on twitter, ey? Haha, what a sideshow that would be
https://twitter.com/JohnTortorella2

doesn't say much though

Old
03-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
https://twitter.com/JohnTortorella2

doesn't say much though
Yep, thats him staying up all night tweeting i am sure
lol, if we're lucky we'll get a tweet by a dog that once smelled Torts *****'s ass

Old
03-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Still see a possible Boyle or Pyatt move of some kind.
They haven't gotten that RD shot yet. D.Boyle is obviously out of the question, at least as far as I am concerned, maybe White?
There are rumors of Demers being available from the sharks, I would stay away from dealing with them at this point, they want to correct all their past mistakes in one fell swoop.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Even using those examples it should be clear that you're under-shooting Ott's value.

Roy was traded for Ott a year ago.

You say Roy will get a 2nd and a prospect, so why would Ott only get Boyle, Pyatt and a 3rd (and not our best third even)?

Old
03-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Please, Gaborik is an abomination on the PP point if its not a 4 on 3 where he has tons of room.

The guy isnt much of a playmaker.

Gaborik will start scoring again when he worries less about what position hes playing and more about keeping his feet moving.

And even then, hes a ghost in the physical games.
I'll bet you were saying the same thing last year.
Part of the problem is with him obviously, and he needs to assume part of the responsibility, but he was our top goal scorer last year, and suddenly he's put on his off wing this year. That makes lot's of sense to me.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Keep hearing Oilers D Ryan Whitney possibly being traded to Boston but nothing confirmed.
https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/sta...99958651883520

Old
03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I'll bet you were saying the same thing last year.
Part of the problem is with him obviously, and he needs to assume part of the responsibility, but he was our top goal scorer last year, and suddenly he's put on his off wing this year. That makes lot's of sense to me.
Sure, its part of the reason.

Its also a really nice built-in excuse.

I think off-season shoulder surgery has a lot more to do with it than switching to LW, while we're on the subject of the multiple excuses for Marian Gaborik.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Yep, thats him staying up all night tweeting i am sure
lol, if we're lucky we'll get a tweet by a dog that once smelled Torts *****'s ass
Dogs don't go on twitter. If you see a dog with a twitter account, it's a person pretending to be a dog.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Dogs don't go on twitter. If you see a dog with a twitter account, it's a person pretending to be a dog.

Thank god we're not getting Whitney.

Closed Thread