HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Except this is Thrower's 4th year in the WHL.

Dietz scored last night when the game was out of reach.
Dietz scored to make it 5-2 in the middle of the 3rd and shortly after Thrower took a penalty for an unnecessary and blatant cross-check to kill any momentum that the Blade's may have had from scoring two goals in the space of a couple of minutes. It wasn't that Thrower took a penalty, it was a stupid penalty and at a bad time.

It's this type of bad decisions that Thrower makes all too often that makes me question whether he'll make it as a Hab. On the other hand, I don't see any reason to trade him, these things will work themselves out over the next couple of years, for better or worse.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Does anyone have his updated size/weight..and or scouting report on this guy...thanks
The Pionners website has him as 6'2" - 215lbs.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...&Q_SEASON=2012

Old
03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Dietz scored to make it 5-2 in the middle of the 3rd and shortly after Thrower took a penalty for an unnecessary and blatant cross-check to kill any momentum that the Blade's may have had from scoring two goals in the space of a couple of minutes. It wasn't that Thrower took a penalty, it was a stupid penalty and at a bad time.

It's this type of bad decisions that Thrower makes all too often that makes me question whether he'll make it as a Hab. On the other hand, I don't see any reason to trade him, these things will work themselves out over the next couple of years, for better or worse.
Or they convert him to a forward. We don't have a real "crash 'n bash"
winger in the system. Maybe it's time to think outside the box. After all
we're deep in defense prospects.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:09 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
SCSU has looked good this year in the few times i've seen them so we'll see what they do. I was also very impressed with how Notre Dame played against Michigan, I could see them going far as well. Should be a lot of fun this weekend.

Almost zero on Friday but after that it's anyones guess.

Minn has a good team, they could easily win it all this year just hope that we see a North Dakota/Minnesota game on Saturday and that UND takes it (though that willbe tough)

I watched much of the 1st, the Blades looked like they had no idea what to do, i'm surprised it wasn't 10-0 as it was that ugly. Very soft in their own end. The good news is that they should at least have a lot of time to work on things before the Memorial Cup.

Would be silly to trade him, personally I don't think he's played that bad.

I hope not. Several times i've noticed when watching the blades, they don't seem to be well coached. Would not want to see him back there, no way.

Sullivan hasn't looked very good at all though, so we'll need to see how much he improves each year. Didier has been much more impressive in each of his 2 seasons so far.

I don't but can say that Didier is a big boy. He moves well and plays a defensive style, along with a good physical game.
I agree, he hasn't been great, but he hasn't been as bad as people are making it out to be. No need to start panicking. Let's also remember that he isn't a first round draft pick.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
Or they convert him to a forward. We don't have a real "crash 'n bash"
winger in the system. Maybe it's time to think outside the box. After all
we're deep in defense prospects.
That would be his decision to make but I would prefer him to a couple of forwards we have on our roster now.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
That would be his decision to make but I would prefer him to a couple of forwards we have on our roster now.
You mean by style, or profile I guess. That's why I like the idea as well.

But if he's playing for the dog next season, it would be up to the habs, as
they would be his employers. They have professional coaches and such, so
I suppose they can decide whether it's a good idea.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...228/story.html

Quote:
Bergevin believes Bennett, who missed a month because of an injury, will be best served staying at Michigan for his senior year, and that will be good news for veteran Michigan coach Red Berenson.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
The Pionners website has him as 6'2" - 215lbs.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...&Q_SEASON=2012
I was just about 150 pounds when I was drafted and now Im about 170, the 6-foot MacMillan said

Didier and Sullivan have also taken advantage of the opportunities college offers for players to bulk up. Didier has added 13 pounds since enrolling at Denver, while Sullivan has added 10 pounds.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Kikizaz

Went to go see Kamloops Blazers @ Victoria Royals yesterday for their Game 3. Boy oh Boy was it a fantastic game, Royals goalie (Patrick Polivka) really stole the game. Royals during the 2nd had some pretty shady calls against them and even though they were getting dominated, they never seemed to give up. MTL's Bozon had a pretty poor game with a few dumb/chintzy penalties (2minors, ithink) and not much created by him. He also took a 10min misconduct (along with 6 other players) at the end of the game.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Epic fail soon...Medicine Hat leading 3-1 against Saskatoon in the final minutes of the 3rd, that will mean a 4-0 win in the 1st series. Saskatoon will have to wait 50 FREAKIN DAYS before the Mem Cup....We thought Shawi had to wait too long with their 31 days...

Old
03-27-2013, 10:49 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Lol... Saskatoon fail.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Sweep confirmed.

Hudon's team down 3-1 as they were shutout tonight.

Archambault's team also down 3-1, he had 2 assists tonight.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:09 AM
crakced

When the Regina Pats hosted the Memorial Cup back in 2001 they also lost out in the first round of the playoffs and had to wait a long time before the tourney started.

Guess who the head coach of the Pats was back in 2001.....Lorne Molleken who also happens to the Blades head coach this year.

The belief around Saskatoon...and the proof really is that the Blades can't win in the playoffs. They actually had less fans out for games 1 & 2 than they had out the last 15 or so home games. Many fans refused to go, with the expectation that they would lose. They have now lost 12 straight playoff games over the last 3 years...three straight sweeps. They've changed almost every player and still can't win. Is Molleken the problem?

Last edited by crakced: 03-28-2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Thought they had lost 10 straight....really 12 straight
Old
03-28-2013, 12:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced View Post
When the Regina Pats hosted the Memorial Cup back in 2001 they also lost out in the first round of the playoffs and had to wait a long time before the tourney started.

Guess who the head coach of the Pats was back in 2001.....Lorne Molleken who also happens to the Blades head coach this year.

The belief around Saskatoon...and the proof really is that the Blades can't win in the playoffs. They actually had less fans out for games 1 & 2 than they had out the last 15 or so home games. Many fans refused to go, with the expectation that they would lose. They have now lost 12 straight playoff games over the last 3 years...three straight sweeps. They've changed almost every player and still can't win. Is Molleken the problem?
wow, that's crazy. I know in the little I saw they looked terrible. If they play like this in the M Cup, they are going to get shelled. I was watching a little of the game last night after the Habs game and the announcers on tv (shaw maybe) were saying how surprised they were that the coaching staff and players were suggesting that they still had a good chance to win, suggesting that the team didn't have more of a sense of urgency.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced View Post

Doh. I think the game has passed him.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:59 PM
EveryDay

Bozon is healthy scratch or hurt?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:01 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Not sure if it has been noted, but Kristo has 51 (25g 26a) points in 38 games. Not a fan boy, but I really want to see him in the AHL. Timmins' late round magic deserves, let alone the kid's achievements, a look in the pros.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:35 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Blazers win/3-1 series but the rumour is that coach didn't like Bozon's misconduct at the end of previous game.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:52 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Bozon retweeted that:

Kamloops This Week ‏@KTWonBLAZERS
The Bozon scratch was not planned, I'm told. He felt after warm-up he couldn't play. #Kamloops #WHL

Habs Prospects website
Old
03-29-2013, 06:17 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
I was just about 150 pounds when I was drafted and now Im about 170, the 6-foot MacMillan said

Didier and Sullivan have also taken advantage of the opportunities college offers for players to bulk up. Didier has added 13 pounds since enrolling at Denver, while Sullivan has added 10 pounds.
College is a great opportunity for many undersized hockey talents to thrive like J.Toews and many more.When Danny Kristo arrives in Hamilton it would be a really smart move to sign Rylan Schwartz the Dynamo center from Colorado College to be the Center on a line with Steve Quailer.Quailer seems to have been in good shape and hasn't shown any letdown due to the longer season in the AHL.Schwartz,Kristo and Quailer are all very good talents that I feel could have a great chemistry between them,forming an energy line that can wow the crowds in the AHL and then hopefully the NHL in Montreal.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Not sure if it has been noted, but Kristo has 51 (25g 26a) points in 38 games. Not a fan boy, but I really want to see him in the AHL. Timmins' late round magic deserves, let alone the kid's achievements, a look in the pros.
I hate to nitpick. Oh alright, I enjoy nitpicking.

Anyhow, Kristo was not a late round pick. He was the habs first
pick that year. They had traded their first for Tanguay. Kristo
was their second rounder.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Renaud Lavoie@RenLavoieRDS

2m

Jacob Gervais-Chouinard obtient un essai avec les Bulldogs.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:14 AM
yoteshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Renaud Lavoie@RenLavoieRDS

2m

Jacob Gervais-Chouinard obtient un essai avec les Bulldogs.
Oh well, he was great in that last game with Sherbrooke, but I'm not expecting anything in the AHL

Old
03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
as15

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
College is a great opportunity for many undersized hockey talents to thrive like J.Toews and many more.When Danny Kristo arrives in Hamilton it would be a really smart move to sign Rylan Schwartz the Dynamo center from Colorado College to be the Center on a line with Steve Quailer.Quailer seems to have been in good shape and hasn't shown any letdown due to the longer season in the AHL.Schwartz,Kristo and Quailer are all very good talents that I feel could have a great chemistry between them,forming an energy line that can wow the crowds in the AHL and then hopefully the NHL in Montreal.
Jonathan Toews undersized?

Old
03-29-2013, 11:53 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by as15 View Post
Jonathan Toews undersized?
He was pretty thin when he first went to college,he needed to put some muscle.

Closed Thread