HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFOil Trade Deadline Game - Draft Underway

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 12:14 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
its kind of funny but last year i was planning on using bernier voynov and my first to add some scoring. ended up making a ton of deals not invloving them.

then this year i was planning on doing the same thing and im still stuck with them lol

Old
03-27-2013, 12:21 AM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 512
Nobody's looking for a solid 2C in Ribero?

Old
03-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Really happy with what I've done so far. I want my team to have size everywhere and I especially like an offensively loaded team with depth. The main focus today was to start the re-build on the wings through trade, then draft and develop our centers + defenseman. We're also aware we needed to find a young up and coming goalie who can replace Miikka when he is finished here and we are very pleased with the acquisition of Ben Bishop. We wanted to get younger and bigger and we love the players that are coming in now. Coyle, Clutterbuck, Clifford, Greening, Toffoli, Williams, Talbot, Couturier provide a balance of size, grit, energy and skill. The ingredients to building a champion.

Cal Clutterbuck (5'11 213)- One of the best hitters in the game. Will provide energy and throw the opposition off of their game.
Charlie Coyle (6'2 210) - A future power forward. David Backes like. We love his size and skillset and believe his impact to our team in 3 years will be massive.
Kyle Clifford (6'1 200) - Great 3rd line winger with size, grit and energy but can also provide secondary scoring.
Colin Greening (6'3 211) - Versatile player who can play anywhere in our lineup. Plays whatever role given with physical play and secondary scoring.
Tyler Toffoli (6'1 194) - Goal scorer with top 6 potential and size. Puts up numbers everywhere he goes, we have high hopes for him.
Justin Williams (6'1 191) - Steady veteran needed with this young group. Has won two cups and we love his skill and experience.
Sean Couturier (6'4 200) - Thrilled with getting him. Prototypical 2nd line shutdown center with offensive potential. Will fit well with everyone around him.
Max Talbot (5'11 185) - Elite 4th line center, IMO. Energy, physicality and a little bit of a scoring touch. Everything I want from my 4th line center.

We still have to address a need for skill down the middle and on defense but we will surely be able to do so with the 4th overall pick in this year's draft as well as Free Agency. Expect to see us pick up one of Nate MacKinnon, Sasha Barkov or Sean Monahan at the draft. Still have assets to use to shore up the defense but we plan on focusing our picks to centerman and defenseman until we are satisfied with our group moving forward.

With our moves made today we feel we've sped the re-build up drastically and we won't have to put pressure on any of our top prospects like Sven Baertschi, Johnny Gaudreau, Mark Jankoswki and Max Reinhart to jump up with the big club. We feel Baertschi and Gaudreau will be able to make the transition a little bit easier as small skilled forwards with the size that has been acquired today. They won't have to worry about anyone taking liberties with them with the size and grit surrounding them.

What's next? Well we aren't done with dealing this season as we still have a week to make moves. Look to see us deal one of Cammalleri, Tanguay and Stempniak. Stajan is also very much available but we will be glad to keep him if nothing comes of it. Babchuk, Begin, Alberts and MacDonald are UFA's at the end of the season and we do not intend to sign any of them. Jiri Hudler has another 3 years at 4M per year to go on his contract. He doesn't fit in our plans and could be a possible off-season buyout candidate if we can't move him. Cory Sarich is on the block, but much like Stajan if there are no takers we will be fine keeping him as a #6 defenseman who provides the grit this team is known for.

Going in to next season we expect to look something like this:

Tanguay - Cammalleri - Williams
Baertschi - Couturier - Toffoli
Clifford - Stajan/Pick - Coyle
Greening - Talbot - Clutterbuck

UFA/Trade - Wideman
Meszaros - UFA/Trade
Brodie - Sarich
Smith

Kiprusoff
Bishop

We plan on making a playoff run next season and will make the moves necessary to do so.

In the future we expect Cammalleri and Tanguay won't be here and Gaudreau and Jankowski will be ready to take over the LW and C spots available.

We finally feel like the fans of Calgary can feel confident with the team being iced and we look forward to contending for Stanely Cups as well as renewing a healthy rivalry with our friends up in Edmonton. Should be exciting to see the battles in the next few years.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:25 AM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
I thought you traded Camalleri to Nashville?

Old
03-27-2013, 12:28 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I thought you traded Camalleri to Nashville?
Cammy has a NTC and didn't waive for Nashville.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:31 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Cammy has a NTC and didn't waive for Nashville.
Ah.

Wisniewski didn't want to go to Nashville either.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:50 AM
OilerTyler
Still Here...

vCash: 50
I've got a bunch of PMs that I need to attend to. Sorry if I'm not responding very fast.

I'll get to them tomorrow.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Ah.

Wisniewski didn't want to go to Nashville either.
Since when did Nashville become such an unattractive destination?

Old
03-27-2013, 01:05 AM
spOiler

vCash: 500
Carolina is feeling good about how they solidified their top 6 and bottom six would still entertain any trade in regards to a backup goalie or a depth defence man that is an upgrade.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:42 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Nobody's looking for a solid 2C in Ribero?
@TSNBobMcKenzie Canucks may have interest in Mike Ribeiro but he is a bit too pricey for their third line.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Sometimes Miracles

What the ****, So Cammalleri wants to stay for a "rebuild" ugh, that's fine.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:28 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

lol yeah the subjectiveness of some of the decisions is questionable at best.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:39 AM
dnicks17

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Jared Boll sent to LAK for 4th round pick.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:54 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
What the ****, So Cammalleri wants to stay for a "rebuild" ugh, that's fine.
I talked about a couple deals with the Nuge. The basic rule of thumb is that if someone with a NTC gets traded to a team currently in a playoff spot they would accept. If they get traded to a team outside the playoffs they would decline to move their contract. If a team outside the playoffs adds former teammates or friends of that player we would make an exception. In the case of the Wiz, Columbus is only a couple points behind so it's not worth it to him to waive the NTC.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:59 PM
The Head Crusher
Retired

vCash: 145
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Jets are seeking to improve its second and third lines, especially on the right wing. We are not quite ready to sell the farm, but rather hockey trades.

03-27-2013, 01:12 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

I'm just trying to catch up on all my PMs from yesterday. I was busy in class. I will NOT be simming individual games to finish out the season, as that would take hours upon hours to do

Old
03-27-2013, 01:20 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I talked about a couple deals with the Nuge. The basic rule of thumb is that if someone with a NTC gets traded to a team currently in a playoff spot they would accept. If they get traded to a team outside the playoffs they would decline to move their contract. If a team outside the playoffs adds former teammates or friends of that player we would make an exception. In the case of the Wiz, Columbus is only a couple points behind so it's not worth it to him to waive the NTC.
Cammy and Wis were teammates in Montreal.

Maybe they became good friends after bonding over having impossibly hard names to spell?

Old
03-27-2013, 01:28 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Cammy and Wis were teammates in Montreal.

Maybe they became good friends after bonding over having impossibly hard names to spell?
Maybe... Those are things that should be brought up when trying to justify someone waiving their NTC

I think I've replied to all the PMs that DousedInOil didn't deal with last night. I apologize if I missed you

Old
03-27-2013, 01:33 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I'm just trying to catch up on all my PMs from yesterday. I was busy in class. I will NOT be simming individual games to finish out the season, as that would take hours upon hours to do
then we are taking the standings as is? I thought the simming thing was the most interesting aspect to the game

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
03-27-2013, 01:37 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
then we are taking the standings as is? I thought the simming thing was the most interesting aspect to the game
Not if I have to sim 200+ individual games. Even being optimistic, that will take over 3 days straight. I'm open for ideas of what to do, but sitting around while the computer plays out every game left in the season is a little excessive

Old
03-27-2013, 02:23 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Really happy with what I've done so far. I want my team to have size everywhere and I especially like an offensively loaded team with depth.

Oh yeah you think your team is good... with Blake Comeau successful waiver claim... Panthers can now unveil new first line:

Blake Comeau-Andy McDonald-David Moss

NHL has never had three way tie for Art Ross Hart Lindsay but we may need it this year

Old
03-27-2013, 02:35 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

lol the line that sparks fear among men

Old
03-27-2013, 02:53 PM
spOiler

Damn well then kinda sucks that the moves i made to push for the playoffs and win. Wont actually let me push to the playoffs guess i should firesale. All players available Skinner, Faulk, Stafford, Semin
Come with your firsts and a decent replacement or soild prospects.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:03 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spOiler View Post
Damn well then kinda sucks that the moves i made to push for the playoffs and win. Wont actually let me push to the playoffs guess i should firesale. All players available Skinner, Faulk, Stafford, Semin
Come with your firsts and a decent replacement or soild prospects.
If people would have spoken up when I asked, instead of waiting until the game had already started, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. The only people that said anything agreed to the current method, so that's what we went with

Old
03-27-2013, 03:07 PM
spOiler

Fair enough im not a angry person im here to have fun. That being said everything is available in carolina top D top forwards willing to talk any deal.

Closed Thread