HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks def Flames 2-0

Old
03-27-2013, 08:59 AM
puterwiz53

vCash: 500
The Hawks did look a little lethargic out there last night. They didn't seem to have a whole lot of energy. They will need to hustle a lot harder Friday night. They played a good defensive game but were not skating hard offensively. They were probably a bit tired from the previous game but should be well rested for Friday night.

The Hawks seem to play far better defense when Emery is in net like they don't have as much confidence in Emery as they do in Crawford.

puterwiz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:03 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Kane was something else. In any non-Crosby-being-Crosby year, he'd have the Hart locked up by now.

Hey Iím very happy that Kane has reached another level in his game. I think we all knew it was there and I think he can be even better. Whatís scary is his dad says he has a lot more moves in his bag that he hasnít used in game conditions! That said, Kane is a treat to watch and Iím happy we have him - he is no question our offensive leader this season, but it is Toews who is the most valuable Blackhawk virtually every night. However, it will be difficult to displace 87 as MVP Heís having a career year.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:12 AM
BobbyJet

As for the game: Someone needs to tell the Hawk shooters that literally all of todayís goalies are strong on low shots. Kipper was good but we made him look good. There was little intensity from either team. In fact the Flames team looks unmotivated and that includes Iginla. Playing on a bad team year in and year out will do that, but thereís little chance that a team is going to splurge to give them what they want for him, especially if he is acquired as a rental.

Emery looked sharp when called upon, but the game was another example of the solid team defense (and awful play by ops) sheltering any weakness we have between the pipes. It will be interesting to see which goalie gets the nod on Friday.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:04 AM
madgoat33

hawks always make guys look good by just firing shots right into their pads. literally the only 2 times i remember the hawks challenging the glove was a long wrister by bickell and the goal by seabrook.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoorDoctor View Post
People need to remember with the lost on monday was how bad our defense was! we gave up two 2 on 1's that led to goals for LA. Those goals were hard and cant blame crow that them. Yeah he had a weak goal with the doughty goal but get over it. he has been amazing for most of the season and the second he lets in a goal here or there you jump all over him. with hossa and sharp gone our defensive is going to be worse, plus hammer and oduya have had some off games. im ok with this being the hawks slumping time. (last our slump was 9 game losing streak)
Crawford wasn't that great against the Kings, but we could get the puck out of the zone, gave up tons of odd-man's, and guys wide open in the slot the last 2 periods. The one screened goal was pretty weak, but many of the rest were due to the putrid play of our entire defense. That game really should have been much worse.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
hawks always make guys look good by just firing shots right into their pads. literally the only 2 times i remember the hawks challenging the glove was a long wrister by bickell and the goal by seabrook.
Like Dave Bolland?

Old
03-27-2013, 03:04 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSkates View Post
I'm not sure the Hawks played any better against the Flames than they did against the Kings. The Flames just sucked; they whiffed on a number of very good chances and the Hawks scored a couple soft goals to win and were still 0-fer on the PP...I'm still chewing my nails over what seems to be their current malaise. Friday will tell us more. As everyone else said, I hope Hoss is back, he seems to be a pretty important balancing influence on this team.
I was only able to catch the 3rd period, but I'd largely concur to a degree. The Flames showed absolutely no spark whatsoever to the point where I question why they even took the ice. I don't think you can really rate our team play on any level; the Flames were just THAT bad. An incomplete if you will.

The guy who really stuck out in the 3rd was Brandon Saad. His skating motion, even the way he carries his body while doing so is almost identical to that of Toews. He's so great right now and I am so confident in his game, that I wish the Hawks would just lock him up now if they can do so at a decent cap number. I think he'll be a borderline star next year so his price will only go up.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
I was only able to catch the 3rd period, but I'd largely concur to a degree. The Flames showed absolutely no spark whatsoever to the point where I question why they even took the ice. I don't think you can really rate our team play on any level; the Flames were just THAT bad. An incomplete if you will.

The guy who really stuck out in the 3rd was Brandon Saad. His skating motion, even the way he carries his body while doing so is almost identical to that of Toews. He's so great right now and I am so confident in his game, that I wish the Hawks would just lock him up now if they can do so at a decent cap number. I think he'll be a borderline star next year so his price will only go up.
I agree. He's already about as much of a borderline star as a rookie can be.

4th in rookie scoring and rave reviews from all around. If he heats up to end the season, it's not hard to imagine him in the Calder race.

In the immortal words of Michael Bluth, "you gotta lock that down."

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:17 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I agree.

He's already about as much of a borderline star as a rookie can be.

4th in rookie scoring and rave reviews from all around. If he heats up to end the season, it's not hard to imagine him in the Calder race.
He's been so close on so many chances that I could really see him having a stretch of, say, 8-10 points in a 5 game span. If he can do that he'd be up near the top. Factor in his defense and he really should be in the top 2-3 of the Calder race. He's displayed great skating all year, but his increase in moves and the success he's been having with them (weaving through players, getting great shots off) leads me to believe he's on the cusp of "breaking out". If that's even possible (with him being so good).

Old
03-27-2013, 04:03 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post

Unless they changed it in the new CBA, you can't extend a player's contract until the last season of the current one. Saad is in season one of three on his contract.

JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote