HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mason Raymond

Old
03-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Skead

vCash: 500
Mason Raymond

Here's what intrigues me, Canucks and agent J.P. Barry have had no talks with Canucks in terms of an extension... Some think he'll be traded while his value is high, some think Raymond won't resign with the Canucks because of the Arbitration for pay cut (although 3 weeks after that he helped talked Garrison into signing with Vancouver so maybe he wasn't offended).

That being said, he's skating hard this year, shooting the puck much more confidently, and easily one of our more consistent and offensively/defensively dangerous player.

What do you think he could fetch?

Skead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:41 PM
blankall

He'll probably be offerred 3+ mil a year next year. Can the Canucks afford that?

I think the Canucks hang onto him. He's been one of their best forwards during this Keslerless stretch. He's had some very timely goals, and without him the Canucks would be in serious trouble.

I think he stays for the season and then walks afterwards.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Tryampled
Registered Snoozer

I can't believe I'm saying this but he is playing like a core player right now so I can't see him being traded.

Tryampled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this but he is playing like a core player right now so I can't see him being traded.
I know right.

Bizzaro Canuck land.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Auger

Quote:
As someone who was never really a fan of Raymond, I believe that you're right. He might be shopped a bit, but unless we get a good offer, or we package him for a more talented winger/center, I doubt he moves.

Auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Rey

San Jose wants to get faster, Vancouver wants to get bigger.

Clowe for Raymond. Add conditional picks contingent on whether or not they re-sign. Done. Canucks can't afford to re-sign him and Gillis knows it. He'll walk in the off season. (Raymond that is). Clowe is worth more, but is he not playing with an injury? You hope to sign him cheap, and hope he recovers in time for next year.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Skead

Quote:
Well unless something drastically changes, we're pretty hard up for cap space.
I could see Higgins taking a bit of a home town discount, but Raymond is due for a raise, likely 2.5-3M a year for 2-3 years.

Especially if we don't move Luongo and Raymond walks for nothing? That'd be a bad situation.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:48 PM
LeftCoast

It would be stupid to trade him, and it will be difficult to re-sign him as a UFA this summer, but this should be made a priority. Signing Raymond and Higgins is why it's important to move Luongo, Ballard and probably Booth.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
It would be stupid to trade him, and it will be difficult to re-sign him as a UFA this summer, but this should be made a priority. Signing Raymond and Higgins is why it's important to move Luongo, Ballard and probably Booth.
Hard as it is to admit that Ballard is the odd man out, because honestly if he made 2M a year, he'd be apart of the core and a huge asset to the team but since his tag is 4.2 it just isn't viable.

Booth I think they'll give more time to work out, the guy hasn't had a healthy season yet to build on but if that's the trend...

Old
03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
Canucks can move Luongo, Ballard, and Booth and they still wouldn't be able to sign Raymond/Higgins, and Hansen who needs a new contract next year. One or more will have to walk. You can't simply afford those 3, for all around 3Million. Getting a 3rd center, a puck moving defense man, and/or a real 2nd line winger is much more important.

Higgins shouldn't be traded because he has the best chemistry with Kesler. When Kesler is healthy, Higgins will make fair money to play on that 2nd line.

Hansen does everything.

Raymond should and will be the odd man out. Kassian, Jensen need promotions.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Pip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Clowe for Raymond. Add conditional picks contingent on whether or not they re-sign. Done. Canucks can't afford to re-sign him and Gillis knows it. He'll walk in the off season. (Raymond that is). Clowe is worth more, but is he not playing with an injury? You hope to sign him cheap, and hope he recovers in time for next year.
We are a goal starved team, I don't think it would be wise to trade Raymond for Clowe right now

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
We are a goal starved team, I don't think it would be wise to trade Raymond for Clowe right now
Raymond doesn't show up for the playoffs anyways. It's not like you are going to get much from him. Hope Kesler, Clowe, and Higgins can be a productive 2nd line. Will definitely make the team harder to play against. Perhaps re-sign Clowe and the team will be tougher to play against in the future. Once Clowe isn't injured anymore. If Clowe was healthy, no way you get him for this price.

Booth(supposedly will be back for the playoffs) can fill in, and be in Raymond's 3rd line winger spot when the playoff comes around. Add Boyd Gordon.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Clowe Kesler Higgins
Hansen Gordon Booth
Schroeder Lappiere Kassian.

Hansen can flip with Clowe, if Clowe doesn't gel. Raymond doesn't bring anything that the team doesn't already have. He'll be gone in the off season anyways.

Last edited by Rey: 03-27-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 03:04 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Pass.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I know Clowe isn't scoring, but he is shooting the puck at a comparable rate to Raymond (59 shots and 0 goals is unheard of). Just on %'s alone he should have 6 goals by now.

I think Clowe is definitely the better player, and I am always a fan of buying low and selling high (which this is a good example of).

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:15 PM
BerSTUzzi

hahah we are a hilarious fan base, someone asks value on the open boards and only gets Canucks fans to respond.

BerSTUzzi is offline   Reply With Quote