HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob

Old
03-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Assuming he plays like this the rest of the way, it will pose an interesting issue for Jarmo. Do you believe he is the real deal or a one hit wonder like Rookie Mase or the Blues Two from last year?
I think he is benefiting from the team defense but also has been very good in his own right. I would resign him but not for more than 4 years (which I think takes him one year past his UFA age). 3-4 mill a yr.

[QUOTE=OldGoaltender;61829237]
Quote:
See I disagree here. Bob's rookie year was very good. He played great in the KHL this season. Even his sophomore year with the Flyers was good with their lack of defense. Bob has shown to be a very good netminder[
I think the evidence is highly suggestive-as the "OldGoaltender" points out-that Bob is a very good goalie. He's working toward Vezina consideration as of now.

I'm not a "capologist" so I'm not positive when Bob becomes a UFA. I think it's the 2015-16 season. If that's the case, a "bridge contract" of 2 or 3 years at $2.75 million/yr. or so would seem to be about the cheapest he'd come. I think that PK Subban of Montreal has the same CBA status as Bob and he signed a 2 year bridge deal for about $3m/year and he's still an RFA as of the 2014-15 season according to capgeek.com.

Top players start getting real expensive when their UFA years get purchased.

Bob is much older than Mason was when he had his fluke year and has far more good performance under his belt than Mason did when Howson struck out on Mason's deal. I don't look at Bob as any more of a high risk to sign to a longer term contract than the average player. I'd think a 3 year bridge contract would be ideal for both parties.

I'd be surprised is his recent performance hasn't put him in Jarmo and JD's long term CBJ picture if he wasn't already there.

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 03-17-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
EspenK

[QUOTE=Cyclones Rock;61846759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
I think the evidence is highly suggestive-as the "OldGoaltender" points out-that Bob is a very good goalie. He's working toward Vezina consideration as of now.

I'm not a "capologist" so I'm not positive when Bob becomes a UFA. I think it's the 2015-16 season. If that's the case, a "bridge contract" of 2 or 3 years at $2.75 million/yr. or so would seem to be about the cheapest he'd come. I think that PK Subban of Montreal has the same CBA status as Bob and he signed a 2 year bridge deal for about $3m/year and he's still an RFA as of the 2014-15 season according to capgeek.com.

I think he becomes a UFA when he accrues 7 years which wouldn't be until after the 2016-17 season OR he reaches 27 years old which is Sept 2015 which is after UFA starts but before the season starts so CapGeek's after the 15-16 season seems right. So it would take 4 years now to "buy" the first year of UFA; two years would make sense but I don't know if he buys that. But then again offer sheets are rare. But pissed off goalies aren't a great asset. Like i said in an earlier post if he plays out pretty well, Jarmo has a very interesting situation ot deal with.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Cyclones Rock

[QUOTE=EspenK;61850615]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
[B]

I think he becomes a UFA when he accrues 7 years which wouldn't be until after the 2016-17 season OR he reaches 27 years old which is Sept 2015 which is after UFA starts but before the season starts so CapGeek's after the 15-16 season seems right. So it would take 4 years now to "buy" the first year of UFA; two years would make sense but I don't know if he buys that. But then again offer sheets are rare. But pissed off goalies aren't a great asset. Like i said in an earlier post if he plays out pretty well, Jarmo has a very interesting situation ot deal with.
Thanks for the info.

A good situation, me thinks. He doesn't have to pay him the big money for a while. PK Subban tried to force the hand of Montreal-he sat out 4 or so games this season-and lost. The consensus on Subban is that he's stands a great chance of being an elite defenseman.

Jarmo has a lot of cap room. I don't see signing Bob will be that taxing an issue.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:26 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

From Puckrakers:

"--Next to Bobrovsky in the post-game dressing room sat a thin, smiling man wearing a new Blue Jackets hat. The similarities were impossible to miss. Hello, Andrei Bobrovsky. 'He doesn’t speak English,' Bobrovsky said. Andrei didn’t have to say anything. A smile is worth 1,000 words in any language. He was beaming. Andrei Bobrovsky arrived in Columbus last night."

I assume Andrei is Father-of-Bob, so, "Welcome to Columbus, Daddy Bobrovsky!" How great must it be for him to see his son playing so well and becoming so popular in town!

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
"--Next to Bobrovsky in the post-game dressing room sat a thin, smiling man wearing a new Blue Jackets hat. The similarities were impossible to miss. Hello, Andrei Bobrovsky. 'He doesn’t speak English,' Bobrovsky said. Andrei didn’t have to say anything. A smile is worth 1,000 words in any language. He was beaming. Andrei Bobrovsky arrived in Columbus last night."

I assume Andrei is Father-of-Bob, so, "Welcome to Columbus, Daddy Bobrovsky!" How great must it be for him to see his son playing so well and becoming so popular in town!
Surely a grizzled veteran of the force. Maybe even a former police chief!

Old
03-20-2013, 03:20 PM
major major

[QUOTE=Cyclones Rock;61851715]
Quote:

Thanks for the info.

A good situation, me thinks. He doesn't have to pay him the big money for a while. PK Subban tried to force the hand of Montreal-he sat out 4 or so games this season-and lost. The consensus on Subban is that he's stands a great chance of being an elite defenseman.

Jarmo has a lot of cap room. I don't see signing Bob will be that taxing an issue.
I really hope Jarmo doesn't try with Bob what Bergevin did with Subban. Bergevin looks smart since he got Subban on such a good deal, but he risked losing an elite defenceman (IMO Subban is now elite). And Bob can get a deal in the KHL whenever he is an RFA.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
NHL Network saves of the week… Bob had two of ten, including the #2 vs. the Hawks… Not bad….

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Tyler Durden

How many more games do you see Bobrovsky playing down the road if he continues to be as red hot as he currently is? Will Mason play again for the Blue Jackets this season?

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:39 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
How many more games do you see Bobrovsky playing down the road if he continues to be as red hot as he currently is? Will Mason play again for the Blue Jackets this season?
with only 3 back to backs, one of which is this weekend, I don't know that he sees a lot of work. If he finishes the season with the CBJ, I cannot see Mason getting more than 3-5 of the 18 remaining games.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:16 AM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I was hoping it was going to be Bob all the way through, but Bob was fighting it a bit last game, he might need a break. We also have two back to backs coming up. I'd guess Mason steps in to split those two back to backs, and Bob takes the rest of the season.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:00 AM
ViD

The announcers reaction to that amazing rebound save on Bolland vs Blackhawks was just

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
bib
#believe

Saw his car posted on ******

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Veritas0Aequitas

So, is it too early to anoint him your #1? The only thing I wonder is if he can handle the load of a full season. He also needs to improve his play on the road.

Veritas0Aequitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:05 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
So, is it too early to anoint him your #1? The only thing I wonder is if he can handle the load of a full season. He also needs to improve his play on the road.
Yes, too early.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:40 AM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
Bob is our #1. After this past month, he would have to suck for a while for us to go give his job to another goalie, and that is true of Lundqvist, Rinne and all the other #1's, ergo he is a number 1.

Bob works hard and trains constantly. His work ethic is astounding for a young goalie. I wouldn't expect him to tire the way a 23 year old will. One thing to watch out for though is weight loss. A goalie can lose 5-10 pounds of water in a game, and though they replenish it, over a whole playoffs or a season like we're having they can lose a lot of weight.

Any actual goalies want to weigh in on weight?

Old
03-23-2013, 01:56 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Bob works hard and trains constantly. His work ethic is astounding for a young goalie. I wouldn't expect him to tire the way a 23 year old will. One thing to watch out for though is weight loss.
This is the one thig that concerns me about Bob. Are we riding him too much? He's played the last 11 games I think and is supposed to play again tomorrow in Nashville. At what point do we need/should we give him a break?

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:37 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabluejacket View Post
This is the one thig that concerns me about Bob. Are we riding him too much? He's played the last 11 games I think and is supposed to play again tomorrow in Nashville. At what point do we need/should we give him a break?
I'd say Sunday & Monday

Old
03-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Matt

I think that is what Richards said also. Two days rest beore Vancouver

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:07 AM
OldGoaltender

I'm been singing Bob's praises since we signed him. He is our #1 at least in my opinion. He has all the tools along with a great work ethic. The kd is young but as athletic as you can get with speed coupled with talent. What's not to like.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabluejacket View Post
I seem to recall a suggestion during the broadcast last night that he works even harder when he's not in the net, so playing games IS his break.

Not sure how facetious that really is, but, well, frankly I'm not sure if it's a serious issue.

That said, I do want Mase to get a start or two, if only to prove that this team is resilient no matter who's in net.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:56 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Do you guys think Jarmo will try locking Bob up ASAP or will he wait until the end of the season to ink him to a deal?

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:04 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Do you guys think Jarmo will try locking Bob up ASAP or will he wait until the end of the season to ink him to a deal?
Reports, this week, are that preliminary discussions between JK and Bob's agent have already begun.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:10 PM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
I think he does it soon after the trade deadline. The longer he plays the better he looks and therefore the more we have to pay him. I think it is going to be an interesting negotiation as the blue jackets will want a bridge contract to see if Bob is a true number one and avoid a mason style fiasco. In contrast a few more wins performances like he's had in march and Bob is gonna be the favorite to win the Vezina.

I think we're gonna see a two year 3.5 million+ deal. I think that the Front office will pay more to get the term they want.

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:47 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
I think he does it soon after the trade deadline. The longer he plays the better he looks and therefore the more we have to pay him. I think it is going to be an interesting negotiation as the blue jackets will want a bridge contract to see if Bob is a true number one and avoid a mason style fiasco. In contrast a few more wins performances like he's had in march and Bob is gonna be the favorite to win the Vezina.

I think we're gonna see a two year 3.5 million+ deal. I think that the Front office will pay more to get the term they want.
Without being presumptuous enough to think that the front office will or won't do something, it is my opinion that your presumptuousness sounds very plausible.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:12 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Without being presumptuous enough to think that the front office will or won't do something, it is my opinion that your presumptuousness sounds very plausible.
You know what presuming means, don't you? Oh..wait...no... That's assuming.