HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #32| Mar. 26, 2013| Rangers at Flyers | 7:30 p.m. ET

Old
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
He has let in his fair share of goals, thats accurate, would love to see his save % higher. I think Bryz has been good this year, I think in certain periods he's looked lights out. We blow it though as a team when we quit competing and are chasing around the puck in our own zone and then have to rely to much on bryz to get them out of that situation.

Maybe its just me but i feel like when the team stops competing is when we start seeing Bryz let in back to back goals and some of them are bad. In those situations is where i'd really like to see the team rally and start blocking more and taking lanes away from guys.

Read that as, as a team we need to do better and not give up when the puck is on our zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, they likely would perform better. Save percentage is the stat most owned by the individual goaltender. Bryzgalov's is really bad. There are goalies on teams that are a bigger defensive shamble than the Flyers (Lindback and Dubnyk are the most extreme examples, there are several more) who have managed to do just fine. Their teams hang them out to dry and they've managed to outperform Bryz. In Dubnyk's case, he's actually blown Bryz away, yet Edmonton is easily the worst defensive team in the league. Better defense would help, but it doesn't change the fact that Bryzgalov's own performance has been bad all on its own.

You're sending mixed signals, as well. I believe you said (for various reasons I can't re-read your whole post right now) that 1) Bryzgalov has been good, and 2) We just need to block even more shots than we already are so we don't have to rely on him.

That doesn't make sense. If he's good, we should be able to rely on him. If more shots need to be blocked because he can't be relied upon, that's no different than when Leighton was forced into the starting role. So you say he's been fine, then you indicate that he hasn't really been fine.

Last edited by Danko: 03-27-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
He has let in his fair share of goals, thats accurate, would love to see his save % higher. I think Bryz has been good this year, I think in certain periods he's looked lights out. We blow it though as a team when we quit competing and are chasing around the puck in our own zone and then have to rely to much on bryz to get them out of that situation.

Maybe its just me but i feel like when the team stops competing is when we start seeing Bryz let in back to back goals and some of them are bad. In those situations is where i'd really like to see the team rally and start blocking more and taking lanes away from guys.
completely agree.

1. i think there have been 2/3 "stinker" games from Bryz this year.
2. i think there have 15-18 "stinker" games with an awful hustle / compete level from the rest of the team.
3. i think with the exception of about 7 games this year, our team D / turnovers given up has been brutal.

i would rather they address 2 and 3 before 1

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote