HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

PGT: Game 32: Kings vs. Blackhawks - 3/25/13 - What a game!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 01:35 PM
  #151
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
That description reminds me a lot of

I only Loooouuuuu for Robitaille

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:54 PM
  #152
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,863
vCash: 500
Nolan's best game in awhile.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:04 PM
  #153
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,475
vCash: 500
Trying to watch the highlights, but why is Kings Vision so ****ing slow to buffer?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:23 PM
  #154
ARIES626
Long live the Kings!
 
ARIES626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rowland Heights Ca.
Country: United States
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Great game! I really enjoyed it. I have to admit I was a little pessimistic about the Kings playing the Hawks, but I'm glad I was wrong. The Kings offense is finally scoring again, I love the way they were shooting more and attacking the slot rather than just passing . I wish they would play like that more often. Quick's play is still weak, hopefully he will find his game, until Quick does l think Bernier deserves to start more. Let's get a win streak going!!! GO KINGS!!


Last edited by ARIES626: 03-26-2013 at 04:52 PM.
ARIES626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:16 PM
  #155
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,202
vCash: 500
Games like this make my beer taste better.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:39 PM
  #156
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,991
vCash: 500
I love how winning a championship puts some people's expectations so high that they can't get excited over beating the best team in the league. Let's take this for what it is, a great win over a great team.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:21 PM
  #157
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I love how winning a championship puts some people's expectations so high that they can't get excited over beating the best team in the league. Let's take this for what it is, a great win over a great team.
This is how I feel it goes with your favorite team. You want to win a championship. You win a championship you want to become a dynasty. You become a dynasty you want to become legends. You become legends you want to become the greatest team of all time. You become the GOAT and you expect to never lose a game ever again.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever get to the point when we are totally satisfied

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:08 AM
  #158
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 13,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Nah, I saw Toffoli actually backcheck tonight.
LOL, this coming from the guy who championed Ryan Smyth as Anze Kopitar's two-way mentor. The next time Ryan Smyth backchecks will be the first time.

And getting back to last nights game, I DVR'ed the Chicago broadcast and watched the game today, Pat Foley had some nice things to say about Colin Fraser. Fraser played 70 games for the Hawks in 09-10 and then became a healthy scratch in the playoffs, Foley praised Fraser for never making a peep and working just as hard in practice even though he knew he wasn't going to play, he called him a true pro.

Happy to see we have guys like this on the roster, and not guys like you know, Fraser was traded for.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:36 AM
  #159
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
LOL, this coming from the guy who championed Ryan Smyth as Anze Kopitar's two-way mentor. The next time Ryan Smyth backchecks will be the first time.

And getting back to last nights game, I DVR'ed the Chicago broadcast and watched the game today, Pat Foley had some nice things to say about Colin Fraser. Fraser played 70 games for the Hawks in 09-10 and then became a healthy scratch in the playoffs, Foley praised Fraser for never making a peep and working just as hard in practice even though he knew he wasn't going to play, he called him a true pro.

Happy to see we have guys like this on the roster, and not guys like you know, Fraser was traded for.
You should have heard the radio interview Fraser did right after winning the cup in LA.

He said he didn't care if he had to go to Manchester, he wanted to work hard and reward the Kings for taking him injured and all.

Said Lombardi could have cut him loose and not played him at all last year.

I lost all respect for crybaby Smyth, I don't buy that for my family crud.

Guys like Fraser are willing to do what it takes to be in the lineup.

Fraser even told his wife "We may have to go to the minors again"

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:10 PM
  #160
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
That description reminds me a lot of

In allot of ways yes.

My favorite memory of Luc's rookie year was right after his 20th goal an Edm reporter called him "a garbage man" for only picking up the garbage left in front of the net. That Luc wouldn't make it anywhere else but in L.A.

Both of them (LR and TT) knew/know where to find the seems for certain. If TT ends up as half the player that Luc was (is at least during pickup games) we are going to be a very happy team.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:08 PM
  #161
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I love how winning a championship puts some people's expectations so high that they can't get excited over beating the best team in the league. Let's take this for what it is, a great win over a great team.
We are the best team in the league. I think this is the difference between me and the others here. After we got Carter, after the playoffs and this season as well, I have seen enough to justify my belief in this. Chicago just got a hot start because the season is weird. Now they've been beat by Anaheim and LA, which by itself proves nothing but when added to everything else, it's yet another fact that fits with the overall idea. The Kings are better.

We're not flawless though, we still have issues we have to work though with all of the players hurt.

And I don't think having high expectations of a team that won the Cup in the most dominant run in the history of the Cap era, brings back the entire roster and continues to play at a high level is a bad thing. Sometimes I feel like the fans, not all but a lot, still act like when the Kings beat a successful team, it's like cheering for a mentally handicapped kid who makes a basket.

I believe in this team. I have ever since they closed out Vancouver last year and I thoroughly predicted on HF that they would sweep St. Louis. This isn't the purple era anymore.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:31 PM
  #162
AKAY47
Philly West Fan
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
I've watched the Toffoli goal about 10 times now and I still don't see how the puck went in. The shot was so fast and he took it so quick, it caught Crawford off guard. Kid is talented man

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
  #163
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Insane release, scored a similar goal in the AHL this season. It was harder and almost from the blueline. I'm still not sold on his lateral movement. Going north and south is okay.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:38 PM
  #164
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
You should have heard the radio interview Fraser did right after winning the cup in LA.

He said he didn't care if he had to go to Manchester, he wanted to work hard and reward the Kings for taking him injured and all.

Said Lombardi could have cut him loose and not played him at all last year.

I lost all respect for crybaby Smyth, I don't buy that for my family crud.

Guys like Fraser are willing to do what it takes to be in the lineup.

Fraser even told his wife "We may have to go to the minors again"
Yes he is a true 4th liner. Hey I love Fraser but don't make him out to be something more than what 99.9% 4th line guys are willing to do to stay in the NHL.
You can plug a Fraser on your team anytime without missing a beat.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:02 PM
  #165
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Yes he is a true 4th liner. Hey I love Fraser but don't make him out to be something more than what 99.9% 4th line guys are willing to do to stay in the NHL.
You can plug a Fraser on your team anytime without missing a beat.
Ethan and Trent Hunter say hi. Nether guy was willing to put in an effort in Manchester....

So I just named two , bet I can find more.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:20 PM
  #166
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 13,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Ethan and Trent Hunter say hi. Nether guy was willing to put in an effort in Manchester....

So I just named two , bet I can find more.
The guy Fraser was traded for wasn't willing to play a 4th line role and made up some excuse about his kids so he could play a larger role on a garbage team, thus guaranteeing a bigger contract.

There are plenty of grade A ***holes and unprofessional players in the NHL.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:12 PM
  #167
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Ethan and Trent Hunter say hi. Nether guy was willing to put in an effort in Manchester....

So I just named two , bet I can find more.
Hunter played. Moreau didn't.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:12 AM
  #168
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
This is how I feel it goes with your favorite team. You want to win a championship. You win a championship you want to become a dynasty. You become a dynasty you want to become legends. You become legends you want to become the greatest team of all time. You become the GOAT and you expect to never lose a game ever again.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever get to the point when we are totally satisfied
Really? I kinda feel the opposite. We won last year, and now anything else is gravy. Would I like them to become a dynasty? Sure, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:41 PM
  #169
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Ethan and Trent Hunter say hi. Nether guy was willing to put in an effort in Manchester....

So I just named two , bet I can find more.
Trent Hunter is not a good example as he did go down to Manchester - also he was a 15 to 20 goal scorer for 5 years in the NHL and not considered a 4th line guy. As for Ethan Moreau what do you expect he was a 16 year NHL veteran so father time was ticking and the last thing he wanted to do is go back to the minors. I would say most people with that many years would rather retire then go to pasture. Next?

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
  #170
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Trent Hunter is not a good example as he did go down to Manchester - also he was a 15 to 20 goal scorer for 5 years in the NHL and not considered a 4th line guy. As for Ethan Moreau what do you expect he was a 16 year NHL veteran so father time was ticking and the last thing he wanted to do is go back to the minors. I would say most people with that many years would rather retire then go to pasture. Next?
Well Sutter and Lombardi seem to like Fraser just fine. So both of our opinions don't mean anything.

Sutter continues to put him in the lineup.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:20 PM
  #171
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan
 
butteryslugz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: los angeles, ca
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
i remember how irrelevant our fourth line was until fraser was brought in.

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
  #172
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
i remember how irrelevant our fourth line was until fraser was brought in.
People forget that. They think you can just plug anyone in and it works.

Plenty of people thought Penner was going to be a 35 goal scorer with Kopitar....

Richards remain a 70 point player...Quick to have the exact same season he had last year. ETC ETC.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:10 PM
  #173
KingsCorona
Registered User
 
KingsCorona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
i remember how irrelevant our fourth line was until fraser was brought in.
For sure.
Let's be real; you're never going to have a superstar centering the 4th line. But that doesn't mean that all 4th-liners are the same. Fraser works hard, is solid defensively, and has enough vision to make plays happen. I don't think it is an accident that his line mates have been having great years, and there have been many times this season when I've noticed our 4th line having great shifts against the other team's top 6.

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.