HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Useless Thread CCCLXXXVI: this love's for gentlemen only

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
  #951
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
International Relations. It's basically a modern history class, aka stuff I already know.

He's going on about the Iranian Revolution right now, which I've read about 3 books on and know pretty well.



Middle row
I took IR last semester. My professor was fresh off of earning her doctorate, so she taught it like it was a ****ing grad level course.

Ours was very very heavy in theory. For instance, we spent a couple of weeks on Game Theory. She used historical examples, but it wasn't really a history class.

__________________
She runs through my veins like a long, black river, and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm.
ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
  #952
Novacane
My Hero
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,741
vCash: 500
Ate Wendy's for lunch.

Novacane is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
  #953
FinHockey
KRH Master Race
 
FinHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,715
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
Who is @2noided
Jarnkrok

__________________
Not to mention they aren't exposed to proper Sports like MMA. Instead, they are exposed to Soccer and Cricket, 2 of the most boring sports of all time with Basketbal coming behind in 3rd place.
FinHockey is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:12 PM
  #954
FinHockey
KRH Master Race
 
FinHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,715
vCash: 50

FinHockey is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:15 PM
  #955
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,879
vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I took IR last semester. My professor was fresh off of earning her doctorate, so she taught it like it was a ****ing grad level course.

Ours was very very heavy in theory. For instance, we spent a couple of weeks on Game Theory. She used historical examples, but it wasn't really a history class.
Jesus, that sucks.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
  #956
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Jesus, that sucks.
Yeah it was tough. Still got an A. I took the insane position that relations with Pakistan played a role in the United States' decision to pull out of Afghanistan by 2014. I was kicking myself in the ass over deciding to use that as my thesis until I found a Congressional Report that essentially outlined exactly what I was wanting to say.

She only gave me a B+ on the paper

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:25 PM
  #957
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,879
vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Yeah it was tough. Still got an A. I took the insane position that relations with Pakistan played a role in the United States' decision to pull out of Afghanistan by 2014. I was kicking myself in the ass over deciding to use that as my thesis until I found a Congressional Report that essentially outlined exactly what I was wanting to say.

She only gave me a B+ on the paper
Jesus, gotta love those professors who think they're all knowing.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:30 PM
  #958
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,415
vCash: 500
I just hope she takes it easier on future classes.

Hilariously, she would always be confused by the concept of Opportunity Cost.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:32 PM
  #959
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,879
vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I just hope she takes it easier on future classes.

Hilariously, she would always be confused by the concept of Opportunity Cost.
Well she just seems so qualified.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:33 PM
  #960
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Who is jumptheshark?
they have been asking that question around these part for 12 years

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:35 PM
  #961
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,879
vCash: 1625
I SEE HIM! Look!

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:38 PM
  #962
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Well she just seems so qualified.
Haha to be fair, the context in which she was using that concept was pretty tricky, but you could tell she was nervous and had no confidence in her ability to teach it because she kept letting the easy stuff trip her up.

I got a little humor out of it, though, considering how difficult she made everything on us. She was super nice, but damn am I glad that is over. Getting through Public Administration right now with a 70ish year old guy from Cyprus. He has been here for fifty years, but still has an incredibly thick accent. He'll randomly tell us the Greek words for things, and when he writes on the board it looks like he is just taking random slashes with a knife. The definition of "chicken scratch" I believe.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:39 PM
  #963
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,304
vCash: 50
Morning.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=94272&dateline=135589  1618
Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:40 PM
  #964
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,304
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Haha to be fair, the context in which she was using that concept was pretty tricky, but you could tell she was nervous and had no confidence in her ability to teach it because she kept letting the easy stuff trip her up.

I got a little humor out of it, though, considering how difficult she made everything on us. She was super nice, but damn am I glad that is over. Getting through Public Administration right now with a 70ish year old guy from Cyprus. He has been here for fifty years, but still has an incredibly thick accent. He'll randomly tell us the Greek words for things, and when he writes on the board it looks like he is just taking random slashes with a knife. The definition of "chicken scratch" I believe.
What subject/program are you doing in University?

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:43 PM
  #965
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,415
vCash: 500
Political Science with a concentration in Pre-Law and a minor in Middle Eastern Studies (will technically have a Foreign Language Minor after this semester and my final Arabic course is complete).

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
  #966
Bruv
Loveless
 
Bruv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Finland
Posts: 52,872
vCash: 50
Hello.

Bruv is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:02 PM
  #967
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,139
vCash: 1868
Just RayP'd my Investments test

Headed back to the barrio

Gootie is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
  #968
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,304
vCash: 50
What's a barrio.

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
  #969
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,304
vCash: 50
Barrio (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈbarjo]) is a Spanish word meaning neighborhood or quarter, The Latin Quarter in Paris, el barrio latino de París. In several Latin American countries, the term is also used officially to denote a division of a municipality.

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:09 PM
  #970
Bruv
Loveless
 
Bruv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Finland
Posts: 52,872
vCash: 50
I live in a barrio

Bruv is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:12 PM
  #971
Primrose Everdeen
Let It Go
 
Primrose Everdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midtown Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 59,956
vCash: 100
Could go for some sweet and sour pork. Or a nice biryani.

Primrose Everdeen is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:15 PM
  #972
FinHockey
KRH Master Race
 
FinHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,715
vCash: 50
Should probably go to bed. I have a math test at 8 am.

FinHockey is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:18 PM
  #973
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Political Science with a concentration in Pre-Law and a minor in Middle Eastern Studies (will technically have a Foreign Language Minor after this semester and my final Arabic course is complete).
Someone wants to be a spook with the CIA.

beowulf is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:19 PM
  #974
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,415
vCash: 500
Naa. USAF JAG first. We'll see what happens after that

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:21 PM
  #975
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,304
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinHockey View Post
Should probably go to bed. I have a math test at 8 am.
What kind of math

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.