HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around The NHL: Part XLV

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 01:35 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Sorry but I think you guys are just wrong. I saw a player with boatloads of talent. He just needed to develop. Can you honestly say he was given a fair shot? We gave up on him way too quickly.
I agree. PA always was slick with the puck he didn't get a fair shot here. If he was 6'2" 215lbs he'd probably be a superstar. Sad but true. Basically a carbon copy of Briere if he can keep up that scoring pace

Old
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

3 consecutive shots to make an offensively inept squad out of camp and he never even came close. I'd certainly say he got a raw deal here.

Griping about PAP is hindsight GMing at it's finest.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Sorry but I think you guys are just wrong. I saw a player with boatloads of talent. He just needed to develop. Can you honestly say he was given a fair shot? We gave up on him way too quickly.
He was 26. He was brought along slowly and given time to show what he could do. He just wasn't getting it done at the NHL level. Yeah, I do think he was given a fair shot. If he showed then what he is showing now, he might still be with the Rangers.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:27 PM
jniklast

Funny there was no uproar or even any talk at all around here when Parenteau was let go, when so many here apparently knew it was a mistake and he was bound to break out.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Funny there was no uproar or even any talk at all around here when Parenteau was let go, when so many here apparently knew it was a mistake and he was bound to break out.
Umm, wasn't there? Parenteau was this board's pet project for years.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:11 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Umm, wasn't there? Parenteau was this board's pet project for years.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=765107

I found one poster having him as (one of several possible) extra forward. I doubt you'll find even a couple more lineups including him. PAP made such an impression, that quite a few posters even forgot to list him under who to let go.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=765107

I found one poster having him as (one of several possible) extra forward. I doubt you'll find even a couple more lineups including him. PAP made such an impression, that quite a few posters even forgot to list him under who to let go.
I guess by that time he wasn't shiny and new anymore at that time.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:16 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
3 consecutive shots to make an offensively inept squad out of camp and he never even came close. I'd certainly say he got a raw deal here.

Griping about PAP is hindsight GMing at it's finest.
It's not really hindsight though. PAP lit up the AHL for 2.5 years. The book was out on his game and everyone knew he was an offensive player that wouldn't thrive in a bottom 6 role. I don't know why PAP didn't make the Rangers out of camp those seasons. Judging where we're at now, it's VERY safe to say he didn't make the team out of camp because he wasn't a "Torts" guy. Likely because he didn't hit everything that moved and plays a finesse game. The only guy Torts puts up with in that regard is Gaborik because he has to. What I do know is this:

-PAP lit up the AHL for 2.5 seasons
-PAP came to the Rangers, scored 8 points in a whopping 22 games and was let go for nothing
-PAP went to the Islanders, one of the worst teams in the league, and scored 100 points in 161 games
-PAP is now on COL which happens to currently be the worst team in the West and is scoring at a point per game pace

I'll objectively admit we took a big **** all over this one.

How can you explain J.T. Miller making the team as a 19 year old old while playing what, 30 AHL games, when PAP was lighting up that league for over 2 years and couldn't stick. Torts AINEC

Old
03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I guess by that time he wasn't shiny and new anymore at that time.
I honestly can't remember any time where he was really shiny and new. He wasn't homegrown, so other prospects (ie. Grachev) were far more talked about. He was also 26 already then, so he wasn't even a real prospect anymore.

In the end he simply didn't do much in his time here, so all those saying now he should've been kept and they knew it either saw something nobody else did (yat funnily enough nobody posted their opinion back then), or they are indeed simply "hindsight GMing".

Old
03-27-2013, 04:29 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
It's not really hindsight though. PAP lit up the AHL for 2.5 years. The book was out on his game and everyone knew he was an offensive player that wouldn't thrive in a bottom 6 role. I don't know why PAP didn't make the Rangers out of camp those seasons. Judging where we're at now, it's VERY safe to say he didn't make the team out of camp because he wasn't a "Torts" guy. Likely because he didn't hit everything that moved and plays a finesse game. The only guy Torts puts up with in that regard is Gaborik because he has to. What I do know is this:

-PAP came to the Rangers, scored 8 points in a whopping 22 games and was let go for nothing
-PAP went to the Islanders, one of the worst teams in the league, and scored 100 points in 161 games
-PAP is now on COL which happens to currently be the worst team in the West and is scoring at a point per game pace

How can you explain J.T. Miller making the team as a 19 year old old while playing what, 30 AHL games, when PAP was lighting up that league for over 2 years and couldn't stick. Torts AINEC
But how do you tell the difference between PAP and say a Corey Locke or even Nigel Dawes? Lighting up the AHL alone doesn't mean much.

Nigel Dawes lit up the AHL for 2,5 years, even had a pretty decent 29 points in 61 games in his first NHL season and was out of the league within another two years. Corey Locke lit up the AHL for seven years and change and yet he didn't even get to 10 NHL games.

For every PAP there are many others who can't even stick in the NHL. And you can't simply give a guy top-6 minutes because he's otherwise useless. Even AHL stars have to earn their ice time. And when they can't make any impression at the NHL leve at 26 years old, then it's more likely that they'll be out of the league soon than turn into a first liner. And he most likely wouldn't have gotten much ice time had we re-signed him anyway.

Too bad it didn't work out with PAP when he was here, we sure could use him now. But to blame management for letting him go then simply is using hindsight only.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:40 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Are we still talking about PAP?

The guy who literally (and I mean actually literally) doesn't play ANY defense?

If you guys wanted to trade Gabby, you'd be ALL over PA.

edit- And i'd wager to bet that one of the reasons COL is so bad is that their top scorer is PA Parenteau.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

BRUINS CLAIM DAUGAVINS OFF WAIVERS FROM SENATORS

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419220

i dont see why NYR didnt claim him and waive or trade Pyatt or Boyle

seems to have better skills than stone cement hands

Old
03-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Kids, don't Youtube scout.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post

Two of those camps were Renney camps.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

getting ready to watch Bruins Habs.... go Bruins.. hate the Habs.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

One other detail too often overlooked on these boards:

There is no way for anyone to say how PAP might have turned out had we resigned him. It may have been the very fact that we didn't which gave him a different outlook on his approach to the game and allowed him to be successful in the NHL. Players circumstance plays a much larger role in development than most people will give credence to. Parenteau's circumstances here probably would have meant not developing into an NHLer. There's no cause for criticism for that, because it isn't anyone's fault. Sometimes management makes that decision, as was the case here, and sometimes players make that decision, as was the case with Grachev and Kundratek asking for trades. It's just the nature of the sport.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
BRUINS CLAIM DAUGAVINS OFF WAIVERS FROM SENATORS

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419220

i dont see why NYR didnt claim him and waive or trade Pyatt or Boyle

seems to have better skills than stone cement hands
NYR did not claim him I bet because they are bringing in MZA and Fast to add into the lineup (by the sounds of it) and want to see what those additions do. The other reason is they don't want to use up their last contract spot up they are 49 and are only allowed 50.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
NYR did not claim him I bet because they are bringing in MZA and Fast to add into the lineup (by the sounds of it) and want to see what those additions do. The other reason is they don't want to use up their last contract spot up they are 49 and are only allowed 50.
i understand that.. more useful than the hands of stones players Rangers have on the 4th lines

Old
03-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Former Bruins Ryder makes it 1-0 Habs..

Old
03-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Khokhlachev late scratch for Providence Bruins.... Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie I'm told Jarome Iginla will not be dressed tonight vs. COL but that doesn't necessarily mean deal is imminent or close. Protecting the asset

Old
03-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Moen and Campbell good scrap.. its sad that other teams have guys who can play and fight, but the Rangers had Stu Bickel..

Old
03-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Khokhlachev late scratch for Providence Bruins.... Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie I'm told Jarome Iginla will not be dressed tonight vs. COL but that doesn't necessarily mean deal is imminent or close. Protecting the asset
Good catch!

Can we trade Boyle for Moen please?

Old
03-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Cmox

When did the holding the jersey punch start? You know what I'm talking about, when the fighter holds the jersey and with the same hand does little jabs to the face. I never really seen it til recently (last few seasons) and now it seems like everyone does it.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Good catch!

Can we trade Boyle for Moen please?
if Moen came here i bet he would be Voros 2.0.. id rather go after Beleksey, Clifford or someone who is a bit younger and that can stay here for more than a year, kinda like the Prust trade..

Old
03-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
if Moen came here i bet he would be Voros 2.0.. id rather go after Beleksey, Clifford or someone who is a bit younger and that can stay here for more than a year, kinda like the Prust trade..
Those would all be good additions. Need someone like that.

Closed Thread