HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Anyone listening to 97.5 right now?

Old
03-27-2013, 02:41 PM
SilkyMitts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I wouldn't mind if our players had heart like them two but not exactly their whole skill sets.

yes ofcourse

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
SilkyMitts

clement on right now

Old
03-27-2013, 02:56 PM
SilkyMitts

bill clement on the team problem:

cliffs notes = scoring issues, doubting ability to score, injuries on blue line, Hartnell injury and not returning to last year form. everyone wants a cure and right away, but thats not realistic, and there arent any easy answers. he thinks the talent is there, and the guys have emotion that is there most nights. greatest issue at this stage is being fragile, team confidence is a real issue because they have not been able to reinforce in themselves that they are a good team. says they are still listening to laviolette. he doesnt think the rangers have better talent than the flyers.

missenelli asks clement who the difference makers are: says anyone at any time can be it...voracek, simmonds, hartnell,
says teams do it by committee

Old
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
bill clement on the team problem:

cliffs notes = scoring issues, doubting ability to score, injuries on blue line, Hartnell injury and not returning to last year form. everyone wants a cure and right away, but thats not realistic, and there arent any easy answers. he thinks the talent is there, and the guys have emotion that is there most nights. greatest issue at this stage is being fragile, team confidence is a real issue because they have not been able to reinforce in themselves that they are a good team. says they are still listening to laviolette. he doesnt think the rangers have better talent than the flyers.

missenelli asks clement who the difference makers are: says anyone at any time can be it...voracek, simmonds, hartnell,
says teams do it by committee
Good. Thank God Clement is there to smack Miss with some knowledge.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:11 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I heard one of Bruno's first callers say we didn't keep Zhitnik around long enough and we traded him too fast. I turned the station off after that point.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I heard one of Bruno's first callers say we didn't keep Zhitnik around long enough and we traded him too fast. I turned the station off after that point.

We traded an over the hill defensemen close to retirement for a reliable (for the most part) top 4 defensemen. One of Homer's better trades during his tenure. How can anybody think that's a mistake?

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:

We traded an over the hill defensemen close to retirement for a reliable (for the most part) top 4 defensemen. One of Homer's better trades during his tenure. How can anybody think that's a mistake?
Those are the same morons that still chant "Crosby Sucks" every time the Pens come to Philly.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Those are the same morons that still chant "Crosby Sucks" every time the Pens come to Philly.
It's going to suck when they throw snowballs and beers at the Easter Bunny.

03-27-2013, 03:56 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

And the dummies that yell SHOOT on the powerplay when the team just set up in the zone

JDinklage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:57 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It's going to suck when they throw snowballs and beers at the Easter Bunny.
Are you insinuating that the chant is somehow not dumb, or that it's something that only the national media really harps on?

Old
03-27-2013, 03:59 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
And the dummies that yell SHOOT on the powerplay when the team just set up in the zone
I always love on PP's when two players are setting up a one-timer and the fans are screaming shoot before the puck even gets to the second player.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Are you insinuating that the chant is somehow not dumb, or that it's something that only the national media really harps on?
Huh? No.

I'm saying those people are the sort of clueless idiot that gives all Philly sports fans a bad name. The proposed Easter Bunny scenario is a play on the infamous Santa Claus incident from an Eagles game.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Huh? No.

I'm saying those people are the sort of clueless idiot that gives all Philly sports fans a bad name. The proposed Easter Bunny scenario is a play on the infamous Santa Claus incident from an Eagles game.
Oh sorry then. . I was going to say... Beef, I'll be seriously disappointed if you support those stooges.

I got the snowball thing. It's really only the national media (ESPN) that still loves to play that up.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Oh sorry then. . I was going to say... Beef, I'll be seriously disappointed if you support those stooges.

I got the snowball thing. It's really only the national media (ESPN) that still loves to play that up.

Everybody's fans chant things.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Mota

The Flyers talk in the philly media has been awful...even more brutal than the season itself. I've heard various segments on WIP, 97.5, and DNL over the past couple weeks and have not heard the NHL Draft brought up once. Instead, everyone is just picking names out of a hat of who we should trade for. Just wait til these guys find out Nurse is McNabb's nephew, they will have a field day.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

I was told he said we don't need Wayne Simmonds type players and we need more Giroux type. Which infuriated me because Wayne Simmonds is a perfect Flyer.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:57 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Everybody's fans chant things.
And few are as idiotic and make the fanbase look as collectively bad as the "Crosby Sucks" chant.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:01 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
And few are as idiotic and make the fanbase look as collectively bad as the "Crosby Sucks" chant.
Dude, you're taking it way too literal. You really think 18,000 people think he sucks as a hockey player?! Just airing hatred for the guy, what's wrong with that?

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:04 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I don't really see how that makes a fan base look bad? Idiotic I agree. When the devils chant (insert team) sucks during their goal song does that make them look bad to you? Because it doesn't to me. It's just a silly chant to me.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:12 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Dude, you're taking it way too literal. You really think 18,000 people think he sucks as a hockey player?! Just airing hatred for the guy, what's wrong with that?
Quote:
I don't really see how that makes a fan base look bad? Idiotic I agree. When the devils chant (insert team) sucks during their goal song does that make them look bad to you? Because it doesn't to me. It's just a silly chant to me.
It just reinforces the idea that the fanbase has a weird obsession with one player on a rival team. It also looks worse when he torches the Flyers in Philly. In fact, I think his highest road ppg rate is in Philly.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
It just reinforces the idea that the fanbase has a weird obsession with one player on a rival team. It also looks worse when he torches the Flyers in Philly. In fact, I think his highest road ppg rate is in Philly.
Top players get boo'ed all the time when they touch the puck in different cities.

Go over to the Pens board and look in their "Around the NHL" thread, a good amount posts are about the Flyers. Go to the main boards and any Flyers related topic there's a ton Pens fans trolling in it. The obsession goes both ways, it's a rivalry.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-27-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 05:39 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Top players get boo'ed all the time when they touch the puck in different cities.

Go over to the Pens board and look in their "Around the NHL" thread, a good amount posts are about the Flyers. Go to the main boards and any Flyers related topic there's a ton Pens fans trolling in it. The obsession goes both ways, it's a rivalry.
I don't doubt that. I'd actually say the Pens fanbase has a larger obsession of the Flyers than we do for them, but the "Crosby Sucks" chant is just as bad. I don't know, I just think it's dumb.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:07 PM
PropJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Brian Startare isn't bad, but I don't know if he's on anymore. Macnow is ok, as is Didinger, but that's more for old hockey stories than current analysis.
Dude Macnow is the biggest blowhard on earth. His twitter makes me want to kill myself.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:11 PM
PropJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
The Flyers talk in the philly media has been awful...even more brutal than the season itself. I've heard various segments on WIP, 97.5, and DNL over the past couple weeks and have not heard the NHL Draft brought up once. Instead, everyone is just picking names out of a hat of who we should trade for. Just wait til these guys find out Nurse is McNabb's nephew, they will have a field day.
Even the guys who cover the team suck with this ****. Sam Carchidi said last night that we should start looking at draft prospects, like fans haven't been doing that for weeks. The only thing Frank Seravalli knew about Seth Jones was that he was a defenseman and Popeye Jones' son.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
PropJoe

Quote:
Penguins fans also have a weird obsession with the Flyers. I live in Pittsburgh and am friends with many Penguins fans. Last night for example one Penguins fan tweeted "the demise of the Flyers is the greatest thing I've ever witnessed." Not only is it a weird thing to tweet for someone who lived through a Stanley Cup and is in the middle of a 13 game winning streak but it's idiotic for someone to tweet who's team was bottom 5 in the NHL 4 years in a row less than 10 years ago.

Trust me the weird obsessions go both ways. In my experience the obsession goes stronger in our direction.