HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 09:58 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Ah man, I completly missed the "D" ()

My bad.
But yeah, Poirier was the best 2013 eligible... and the best player on the ice bar none tonight.

Actually, if this guy wouldn't cheat a litte too often defensively, he'd probably rank even higher, because he definitely can play in his zone... when he wants to. Maybe it's a system thing? Cheating a bit allows him to take advantage of his speed.

But as far as wingers with good size an flair... he'd really be great with the Dallas pick.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:20 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Poirier is easily a 2nd right now.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:55 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
We definitely need to make Poirier one of our 2nd round sleections.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Didn't watch the whole game but I can't believe Gauthier will amount to anyt more than a third liner.

Poirier on the other hand...
Gauthier definitely has top 6 upside. Not sure if he is playing hurt or he "hit a wall" not being used to a 7-8 month junior season.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
My hope is he can slide to the NSH pick and we get a guy who many felt should have gone around 15-20 with the early 2nd CGY pick.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:16 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yup, I'd take him with the 2nd 2nd round pick.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
But yeah, Poirier was the best 2013 eligible... and the best player on the ice bar none tonight.

Actually, if this guy wouldn't cheat a litte too often defensively, he'd probably rank even higher, because he definitely can play in his zone... when he wants to. Maybe it's a system thing? Cheating a bit allows him to take advantage of his speed.

But as far as wingers with good size an flair... he'd really be great with the Dallas pick.
Poirier reminds me alot of Parise. Back in the days Parise used to cheat like Poirier does, they have similar size and skillset. I even think he has Parise compete level and leadership. He needs to be more constant though.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Poirier reminds me alot of Parise. Back in the days Parise used to cheat like Poirier does, they have similar size and skillset. I even think he has Parise compete level and leadership. He needs to be more constant though.
They may have similar skills but Poirier is much bigger than Parise was in their draft year(5'9" and about 160lbs vs 6'1" 183lbs.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They may have similar skills but Poirier is much bigger than Parise was in their draft year(5'9" and about 160lbs vs 6'1" 183lbs.
Parise is still in the average size where Poirier is too. 5'11/6'1 Theres no real difference, don't know why you bring it up.

Oh and Poirier is surely not 180 ish . He's 160. Guy is skinnier than Bugs Bunny.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Parise is still in the average size where Poirier is too. 5'11/6'1 Theres no real difference, don't know why you bring it up.

Oh and Poirier is surely not 180 ish . He's 160. Guy is skinnier than Bugs Bunny.
Your comparison makes no sense either by size OR skill level. Parise had Galchenyuk calibre skill his draft year, size(pre obstruction) made him drop a ton. He was nowhere near 5'11" his draft year. If Poirier had that level of skill at 6'1" he'd be a top 5 pick with MacKinnon Drouin and Jones.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Your comparison makes no sense either by size OR skill level. Parise had Galchenyuk calibre skill his draft year, size(pre obstruction) made him drop a ton. He was nowhere near 5'11" his draft year. If Poirier had that level of skill at 6'1" he'd be a top 5 pick with MacKinnon Drouin and Jones.
Yeah thats where skillset and talent come in. Not the same thing.

I compared Poirier to the player we see NOW.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:34 PM
MXD

Quote:
Oddly, the guy I really like to compare to Poirier is Peter Bondra.

Some people forgot that Bondra was really good defensively ... when he cared about it... and was a premium SHG threat.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Honestly, just swing a deal with some of our seconds and grab Mantha. Kid's going to be a beast.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Et le But

When is Marc-Olivier Roy supposed to go?

Old
03-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Oddly, the guy I really like to compare to Poirier is Peter Bondra.

Some people forgot that Bondra was really good defensively ... when he cared about it... and was a premium SHG threat.
Bondra, really ? Oh man, Bondra was one of my favorite players back in the 90s, just so damn fast, and his shot was great...

Anyway, the more and more I read about Poirier, the more I hope he'll be one of our 2nd rounders (if he lasts there)

Old
03-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
When is Marc-Olivier Roy supposed to go?
Late 2nd early 3rd. The kid has good assets for sure. His playoffs performance should affect his draft ranking, though.
I'd say he looks a bit like Bozon. He has alot of assets but he doesnt excel in anything you want. Definitely worth a flyer. Love those kind of big speedsters.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:34 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Bondra, really ? Oh man, Bondra was one of my favorite players back in the 90s, just so damn fast, and his shot was great...

Anyway, the more and more I read about Poirier, the more I hope he'll be one of our 2nd rounders (if he lasts there)
He actually plays on the Piques the role played by Bondra with the Caps, and their strenghts are pretty similar.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:27 PM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
As of right now, the Habs would be picking at the following spots in the first 3 rounds..

If we look at the last Hockey Writers top120 and draftsite.com, we could land those players with all those pick.

27: Ryan Hartman
33: William Carrier
40: Samuel Morin
57: Nic Petan
73: Émile Poirier
87: Tyler Hill

Would be a sick draft.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Late 2nd early 3rd. The kid has good assets for sure. His playoffs performance should affect his draft ranking, though.
I'd say he looks a bit like Bozon. He has alot of assets but he doesnt excel in anything you want. Definitely worth a flyer. Love those kind of big speedsters.
Unfortunately he's similar to the type of player we have lots of, but I'd love him in the 3rd round. Love his game.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
If we look at the last Hockey Writers top120 and draftsite.com, we could land those players with all those pick.

27: Ryan Hartman
33: William Carrier
40: Samuel Morin
57: Nic Petan
73: Émile Poirier
87: Tyler Hill

Would be a sick draft.
Yeah.. If we can land all those players on draft day I'd just go insane.
Hartman at 27 seems likely, he's not my first choice but I'd be happy.
Carrier at 33 would be a good choice but I think he could fall further.
Morin is perfect where he his.
Poirier so low ? I don't think so either.
Hill seems well placed.
Petan will NOT go past 40.

So yeah we could get them in this order: Hartman, Petan, Poirier, Carrier, Morin, Hill. (Don't really want hill, I didnt see much of him so..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Unfortunately he's similar to the type of player we have lots of, but I'd love him in the 3rd round. Love his game.
I still think he would be an upgrade over Bozon though. And thats a good thing(and not a bad for Bozon.)

Old
03-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Et le But

I think Bozon is a better pure goalscorer though, so he fits a need. Roy is a more complete player.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Honestly, just swing a deal with some of our seconds and grab Mantha. Kid's going to be a beast.
Mantha's ceiling to me is Moulson. Not bad but not as high as other players. I see him going 18-25 so he may be gone by our pick, but a bit of a 1 trick pony like Dagenais.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:31 AM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Yeah.. If we can land all those players on draft day I'd just go insane.
Hartman at 27 seems likely, he's not my first choice but I'd be happy.
Carrier at 33 would be a good choice but I think he could fall further.
Morin is perfect where he his.
Poirier so low ? I don't think so either.
Hill seems well placed.
Petan will NOT go past 40.

So yeah we could get them in this order: Hartman, Petan, Poirier, Carrier, Morin, Hill. (Don't really want hill, I didnt see much of him so..)

I still think he would be an upgrade over Bozon though. And thats a good thing(and not a bad for Bozon.)
You're right. Carrier will probably fall further because of his injury. Poirier doesn't seen to climb the rank like we all think. I saw him in a lot of ranking and he's always in the 3rd round.

Hartman is not my choice either but at 27, I didn't want to take a player that is sure to be pick before us. Actually, I'll be ok to draft Petan in the first round. One of my favorite player in the 20-30 pick is Max Domi. I think he could be a impact player.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
yoteshot

Was in Sherbrooke yesterday for the 4th Baie-Comeau/Sherbrooke game. Sherbrooke played one of the worst games I've seen live, yet it was only 2-1 Drakkar after 2 (before Sherbrooke started to take dumb penalties in the 3rd). Ended 5-2, but the shots were something like 40-17. Chouinard (Sherbrooke's goalie) was just great, allowing only 2 goals ES and keeping the team in a game they had no business being in.

Individual reviews:
-Liked Zykov's game, was really dangerous on the PP, he is big too! His line with Straka and Bussières on the PP was just too much to handle for Sherbrooke. Don't know if I'd take him first round, but early second sounds good for him.
-I liked what I saw from Jeremy Gregoire, don't know where he is slotted for the draft, but I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him in later rounds. He is fast, but really seems smart with and without the puck, always in good position, had some quality chances too.
-I know he was drafted already, but since he was on some wanted lists here, I'll talk about him… I thought Bussière has a great game and will be for sure an NHLer. He is stocky, plays with an edge (maybe a little too much yesterday, considering the score and opponent) and very strong on the puck.
-Daniel Audette will never amount to anything.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
Was in Sherbrooke yesterday for the 4th Baie-Comeau/Sherbrooke game. Sherbrooke played one of the worst games I've seen live, yet it was only 2-1 Drakkar after 2 (before Sherbrooke started to take dumb penalties in the 3rd). Ended 5-2, but the shots were something like 40-17. Chouinard (Sherbrooke's goalie) was just great, allowing only 2 goals ES and keeping the team in a game they had no business being in.

Individual reviews:
-Liked Zykov's game, was really dangerous on the PP, he is big too! His line with Straka and Bussières on the PP was just too much to handle for Sherbrooke. Don't know if I'd take him first round, but early second sounds good for him.
-I liked what I saw from Jeremy Gregoire, don't know where he is slotted for the draft, but I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him in later rounds. He is fast, but really seems smart with and without the puck, always in good position, had some quality chances too.
-I know he was drafted already, but since he was on some wanted lists here, I'll talk about him… I thought Bussière has a great game and will be for sure an NHLer. He is stocky, plays with an edge (maybe a little too much yesterday, considering the score and opponent) and very strong on the puck.
-Daniel Audette will never amount to anything.
Zykov is gonna go before the 20s.

Closed Thread