Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Nose of Sutter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yeah, I like Gomez too much. I think he's crazy underrated by Bayern fans because they're mis-remembering certain details of last season's CL final - as in, Robben and Schweinsteiger playing horribly and leaving Gomez isolated and triple-marked and Jupp forgetting that set pieces are a thing.

Gomez is better than Madzu and he's better than Lewandowski - we don't need Lewandowski and I hope he stays in the Bundesliga for the good of the league.
I agree he is getting a unwarranted rep, as a pure goal scorer he is better than Mad and Lewandoski, but I think MM brings a better all around game than Gomez, I hope Gomez doesn't go anywhere, him and MM give us a very nice attacking group.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
what about Lewandowski to Arsenal? I've seen lots of rumours of him to bayern
One team has CL, the other doesnt. There is no way Lewandowski would go to a non-CL team

But who knows, i didnt actually know how close Arsenal was with Chelsea. I thought Chelsea was far ahead. I didnt even realize how close the Spurs were to City. Holy smokes.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:41 PM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 214
Bayern maybe might go after Suarez rather than Lewandowski, I can see Suarez wanting to maybe leave if Liverpool don't make the CL, heck even the EL

Luckily for Liverpool he is under contract until 2018 so they can play hardball with clubs

Old
03-05-2013, 01:08 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post
I agree he is getting a unwarranted rep, as a pure goal scorer he is better than Mad and Lewandoski, but I think MM brings a better all around game than Gomez, I hope Gomez doesn't go anywhere, him and MM give us a very nice attacking group.
I don't buy that Gomez is a more proficient poacher than Lewa, hell I don't even think he's much more effective than Mandzukic. Gomez has scored a **** ton of goals, but he's also missed on a **** ton of would be goals. When you then add in the deficiencies in the rest of his game, Gomez falls well behind Lewa or Mandzo for me.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:40 AM
awesomo
HARD!

So where will Wayne Rooney go?

Old
03-06-2013, 03:11 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
L'Equipe was actually reporting a week ago that Rooney was interested in a PSG offer.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

At some point I would listen if I'm Rooney. In this day in the sport, there's something to be said about complacency and getting a new challenge. He's also not the most love able guy, so I would go while the getting is good. If I'm United I would have to be concerned that he declines somewhat over the next few seasons anyhow, as he's not exactly ever known for his physique and fitness. A major offer would make it worth their time.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:58 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
L'Equipe was actually reporting a week ago that Rooney was interested in a PSG offer.
I actually saw that. If they are willing to pay big money I'd sell him.

And it's interesting now. Because those lewandowski rumors would now make sense if SAF was listening to offers to Rooney

Last edited by awesomo: 03-07-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 04:23 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Real Madrid is ready to make Sergio Aguero and Manchester City offers that neither will be able to refuse. The Spanish giant wants to sign the City star this summer, and it will make a transfer bid of at least £45 million ($68.2 million) to pry him from City’s grasp. Aguero would then be willing to leave Manchester for Madrid in order to be closer to his family, according to the Star. “Aguero is becoming disillusioned with life in Manchester following the break-up of his marriage to Diego Maradona‘s daughter Giannina,” the report claims. “Giannina now spends most of her time in Madrid with the couple’s son Ben and Aguero has told close friends he is finding it ‘impossible’ to be apart from him.”
http://nesn.com/2013/03/report-real-...panish-soccer/

Old
03-23-2013, 04:46 AM
Evilo

No surprise, but it's ridiculous the price Real is paying every summer.

Old
03-23-2013, 05:00 AM
BritSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
At some point I would listen if I'm Rooney. In this day in the sport, there's something to be said about complacency and getting a new challenge. He's also not the most love able guy, so I would go while the getting is good. If I'm United I would have to be concerned that he declines somewhat over the next few seasons anyhow, as he's not exactly ever known for his physique and fitness. A major offer would make it worth their time.
As good as Rooney is, I'm a bit disappointed he hasn't really got to the "elite" level that he can carry a team win a game single handedly.

I will say his fitness is underrated. He is a naturally stocky build and was fairly out of shape as a young player. Today however his work rate is fantastic and rarely stops in a game, tracking back and defending as good as any forward in the league.

He has turned out as a very well rounded player, maybe that has attributed the reduction of magic game changing contributions.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:05 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSabre View Post
As good as Rooney is, I'm a bit disappointed he hasn't really got to the "elite" level that he can carry a team win a game single handedly.

I will say his fitness is underrated. He is a naturally stocky build and was fairly out of shape as a young player. Today however his work rate is fantastic and rarely stops in a game, tracking back and defending as good as any forward in the league.

He has turned out as a very well rounded player, maybe that has attributed the reduction of magic game changing contributions.
Rooney's work rate is very patchy though, some games he looks like the best pressing forward in the world, and then you've got a lot of games like the England-Italy matchup at the euros where Rooney halfassedly fell back onto Pirlo leaving the italian maestro complete freedom until Welbeck was given the role of Pirlo watcher.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:47 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
If that is true then Lewandowski to Man City?

Old
03-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
If that is true then Lewandowski to Man City?
I'd say Cavani to City is more likely if Aguero were to leave.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

FC Honka have signed Abdoulaye Méïté
(former Marseille, Bolton, West Brom and Dijon defender)

Huge signing

http://yle.fi/urheilu/hongalle_kiven...igasta/6553748

Old
03-25-2013, 06:58 PM
GarretJoseph

If Rooney leaves that should bring in 30+ and if those 55+Hernandez for Ronaldo are true then United would be spending about 15 mill in real cash.... interesting.

Ronaldo-Welbeck-Van Persie - strike force next season? Maybe Macheda back as 4th striker

Old
03-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Evilo

25m€.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:08 AM
tobo

whewhewhewhe

Old
03-26-2013, 05:14 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

I read somewhere that Chelsea might offer Torres+cash for Falcao. Simeone was quoted to have "opened the door" to a deal. I think that would be beneficial for both Chelsea and Torres. They get the world class striker they need to really compete against the best and Torres gets a shot at winning a spot on Spain's team for the World Cup by getting consistent playing time. I think he'd prefer playing back home and not having as much pressure as he currently has in the EPL.

I think bringing in a striker, DM (Fellaini or Yaya Toure) and CB, while trimming the fat would boost Chelsea's chances next season.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Sport Bild reports that Barça will go all in for Hummels

Old
03-27-2013, 06:15 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
Sport Bild reports that Barça will go all in for Hummels
Just like every team will if he is available.

I am just wondering if Hummels would want to go Barca?! I can't speak for him, but if I was a German player as good as Hummels who only knew German and a bit of English, I know I wouldn't want to go to a town or team that speaks 99% in Spanish.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

That doesn't stop South Americans from going to the UK or Germany. Which, I'm sure the language barrier is just as bad. Many people in Barcelona prefer to speak Catalan too.

Picking up functional Spanish is not that difficult, especially for somebody who has nearly unlimited funds to pay for a tutor, programs, etc.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:19 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Actually I meant he speaks very good english, but it's more to the point that a good chunk of Barca doesn't speak english. Like would Messi ever move to Bayern Munich? Wage or money wouldn't be a concern, but he wouldn't feel comfortable because there are not a lot of Spanish speaking players in the Bundesliga and I also doubt he wouldn't want to learn a new whole language.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:26 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
That doesn't stop South Americans from going to the UK or Germany. Which, I'm sure the language barrier is just as bad. Many people in Barcelona prefer to speak Catalan too.
English is basically becoming the universe language so I get sense that it's easier to adapt to UK, but remember Germany HAS a large portion of it's population that speaks not only English, but decent English. What is Catalan to be exact? Like a mixture of French and Spanish? Or a whole new language entirely?

Quote:
Picking up functional Spanish is not that difficult, especially for somebody who has nearly unlimited funds to pay for a tutor, programs, etc.
Not disagreeing with you here, as Spanish is one of more easier languages to learn, but again if I was as goo as Hummels, I would rather move South to Munich than to another country.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Just like every team will if he is available.

I am just wondering if Hummels would want to go Barca?! I can't speak for him, but if I was a German player as good as Hummels who only knew German and a bit of English, I know I wouldn't want to go to a town or team that speaks 99% in Spanish.
Didn't stop Khedira or Ozil but who we kidding? Hummels will go to the undisputed best league the EPL possible to Arsenal.

Closed Thread