HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/26/13 - Game 34 - Panthers @ Maple Leafs

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 10:25 PM
puck stoppa

vCash: 500
Jets fan here. Great to hear Howden is getting better each game. He wants it too much and works too hard to not get better. Your prospects are unreal and I guess you'll be adding Drouin, Mackinnon or Jones to the list, your future looks bright and Ill be cheering for FLA for years to come with Howden there.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Oh I totally agree with what you're saying, I'm just showing how the Leafs ownership group could care less about the Cup but more about making bigger profits on a team that hasn't come close to a Cup since 1967.
Bushwah. Corporations want to make more money. How would the Leafs/Raps/FC do this? Playoff rounds. Ticket prices increase after every round, I'm sure the consortium, would love them to get to the 4th round...just for the money.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:21 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I'm home now from the game.

Had a great time even though we lost. Most of the fans were good but a few jackasses as usual. I love it when Leafs fans talk crap though because there's just boatloads of retorts to throw back in their face

We put a hell of an effort in, but it was a classic case of not enough offensive talent. I sat in the 300's so I had a good view of the entire game and I just wanted to point some things out:

Our passing is rough. Sometimes we look great but other times guys are making careless, no look passes that, although don't result in a blatant giveaway, they take away from the flow of our offense/breakouts and kills momentum almost immediately.

Markstrom is incredible. He is so freaking huge and so.damn.quick. Like crazy fast. I've never seen a goaltender of his size move that quickly, ever. He makes Luongo's reflexes look slow. He may very well have the fastest legs in the NHL alongside Pekka Rinne. I hope this kid stays healthy because he is going to be a top-5 goaltender for a long, LOOOOOONG time in the NHL.

Shore has lost his touch completely. I argued with people about this for so long. He should be sent back to the AHL to finish the season. He needs to work on his offensive game. He makes incredibly sloppy plays and kills a lot of our plays we get going. His defensive side is strong, but I told everyone he still needed time to develop his offensive skills. I feel he could hone them better in the AHL where he has a little more time with the puck and a little more space. I'm scared we may be doing with him what we did with Matthias, and look how long it's taken for his offensive game to finally come to fruition. Shore will be a strong player in the NHL for a long time, but his offensive game just isn't quite where it should be. Let him better himself and boost his confidence in the AHL for the rest of the year and come back strong for training camp next season. The guy looks lost in the offensive zone.

Matthias is a beast as we have seen all season. Kid is a player and continues to grow with every game. 10 goals now and I can't believe I'm saying this but he may actually be an option as second line center next season. He's got all the tools and a big frame to play and compete against top-line centers. I'm so very happy this franchise stayed patient with him.

Other than that there's no other really big things I wanted to talk about. Much of the same as usual.

Couple of cool things though, my girlfriend got me these tickets as a birthday gift, and she surprised me when we got there with a friend of hers that works in the ACC for MLSE. He brought me down to the changing room hallways and I got to see the guys come in from the pre-game skate. Didn't get too many reactions from them but I got a "Hey" from Flash, a big smile from Kopy when I called him a beast, Markstrom gave me a fist bump when I called him our "Alien" and even Mueller cracked a smile when I said "That Flow!!!".

Probably the best picture of the lot (gf mostly took video):

(That's me on the right, not the little kid there He was there with his Dad and Soupy shook their hands. I guess they are old buddies or something)

I also met a security guard down there who was my age (26) and also a life long Panther fan. Had a Panthers t-shirt on underneath his uniform Sign of a true fan, wish I got his name though, really nice dude!

There was actually a fair share amount of Panther fans there. I saw I think 12-15 as opposed to the 2 I saw in Buffalo earlier this season. A lot of pride from us too, we got a couple of "Let's Go Panthers" chants going before being drowned out by angry Leafs fans trying to out do us with "Go Leafs Go".

Like I said, it was a fun game to attend and would've been nice to have a win, but it was a close game and I had a blast.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:42 PM
p9ers

The thing with sending down Shore is that, there are 12 injured players right now. The guy you'll call up will be much worst than Shore, both defensively and offensively. I think that it's him that made a nice pass to Flash after the penalty, so not too bad.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:45 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
I'm home now from the game.

Had a great time even though we lost. Most of the fans were good but a few jackasses as usual. I love it when Leafs fans talk crap though because there's just boatloads of retorts to throw back in their face

We put a hell of an effort in, but it was a classic case of not enough offensive talent. I sat in the 300's so I had a good view of the entire game and I just wanted to point some things out:

Our passing is rough. Sometimes we look great but other times guys are making careless, no look passes that, although don't result in a blatant giveaway, they take away from the flow of our offense/breakouts and kills momentum almost immediately.

Markstrom is incredible. He is so freaking huge and so.damn.quick. Like crazy fast. I've never seen a goaltender of his size move that quickly, ever. He makes Luongo's reflexes look slow. He may very well have the fastest legs in the NHL alongside Pekka Rinne. I hope this kid stays healthy because he is going to be a top-5 goaltender for a long, LOOOOOONG time in the NHL.

Shore has lost his touch completely. I argued with people about this for so long. He should be sent back to the AHL to finish the season. He needs to work on his offensive game. He makes incredibly sloppy plays and kills a lot of our plays we get going. His defensive side is strong, but I told everyone he still needed time to develop his offensive skills. I feel he could hone them better in the AHL where he has a little more time with the puck and a little more space. I'm scared we may be doing with him what we did with Matthias, and look how long it's taken for his offensive game to finally come to fruition. Shore will be a strong player in the NHL for a long time, but his offensive game just isn't quite where it should be. Let him better himself and boost his confidence in the AHL for the rest of the year and come back strong for training camp next season. The guy looks lost in the offensive zone.

Matthias is a beast as we have seen all season. Kid is a player and continues to grow with every game. 10 goals now and I can't believe I'm saying this but he may actually be an option as second line center next season. He's got all the tools and a big frame to play and compete against top-line centers. I'm so very happy this franchise stayed patient with him.

Other than that there's no other really big things I wanted to talk about. Much of the same as usual.

Couple of cool things though, my girlfriend got me these tickets as a birthday gift, and she surprised me when we got there with a friend of hers that works in the ACC for MLSE. He brought me down to the changing room hallways and I got to see the guys come in from the pre-game skate. Didn't get too many reactions from them but I got a "Hey" from Flash, a big smile from Kopy when I called him a beast, Markstrom gave me a fist bump when I called him our "Alien" and even Mueller cracked a smile when I said "That Flow!!!".

(That's me on the right, not the little kid there He was there with his Dad and Soupy shook their hands. I guess they are old buddies or something)

I also met a security guard down there who was my age (26) and also a life long Panther fan. Had a Panthers t-shirt on underneath his uniform Sign of a true fan, wish I got his name though, really nice dude!

There was actually a fair share amount of Panther fans there. I saw I think 12-15 as opposed to the 2 I saw in Buffalo earlier this season. A lot of pride from us too, we got a couple of "Let's Go Panthers" chants going before being drowned out by angry Leafs fans trying to out do us with "Go Leafs Go".

Like I said, it was a fun game to attend and would've been nice to have a win, but it was a close game and I had a blast.
I agree about Shore but I don't think they'll send him down because we have so many damn injuries. Some AHL time would only help.

That whole line has cooled off and part of it is because they can't surprise anyone. Shore and Hubs are too young to be facing top d-pairing and shutdown lines. The Leafs broadcast talked about it how it's not a good way to develop rookies by making them face the opponents best players. And I agree.

Sounds like you got yourself a pretty good gf

Old
03-27-2013, 06:02 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post

Nice, this reminds me that I need to get a jersey one of these days. Maybe we'll get together with Mogo and order in the same package, save some shipping costs.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:51 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1386157

Yes, he's really fun to watch. It's unfair that someone that big can be so athletic and positionally sound in net.

He just gobbles all rebounds. Great for Florida.

Florida has got a nice one in him. Was really impressed with his poise and confidence.

Still can't believe that the Wings passed on this guy...

Good lord, he looks like Rinne on roids.

We lost 3-2, but Marky getting some love from opposing fans on the boards.

Markstrom had another great performance last night. This is a nice year for him to transition to the NHL without any pressure. Marky with Theo / Clem backup isn't sounding too bad for next season. Makes me glad DT didn't pull the trigger on Luongo trade. Who knows, we might be suffering from another mediocre season and lost a top prospect if he had done that.. Well, this crap season could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Last edited by AaronEkbald: 03-27-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old
03-27-2013, 08:35 AM
SeasonTicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Good effort. We don't have enough talent. Markstrom would have held htem to one goal if Campbell marked his man better and Matthias tracked Lupul from the point. Oh well. I agree Howden deserves more time.
Campbell maybe should have marked his man better but we were short handed and he had to deal with the other player coming down the boards with the puck. Once that player moved the puck he was already beat by Lupul.

Matthias was on Bozak on the left boards. Bozak moves the puck behind the net to Kessel who centers it to Lupul who is going hard to the net. So how do expect Matthias to track Lupul from the right side point?

Old
03-27-2013, 08:49 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
what's ridiculous? I don't know how to interpret that
sorry ...meant the timing of club red was ridiculous. agreed w/u 100%.

Wait to win a couple of years lst for gods sake.

put in a damn real jumbotron for all fans to enjoy before creating seats for 600.

sucked out the life of the lowers with the vacuum of the empty seats.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:54 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

markstrom is the joy left to the season. What a pleasure watching him after suffering with old and older. Another great game by the kid. Agree the remainder of the season is all about him just settling in more. He will lead us next year assuming tallon fills the team properly.

The last thing we need is luongo. Just upgrade the backup please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post

Yes, he's really fun to watch. It's unfair that someone that big can be so athletic and positionally sound in net.

Florida has got a nice one in him. Was really impressed with his poise and confidence.

Markstrom had another great performance last night. This is a nice year for him to transition to the NHL without any pressure. Marky with Theo / Clem backup isn't sounding too bad for next season. Makes me glad DT didn't pull the trigger on Luongo trade. Who knows, we might be suffering from another mediocre season and lost a top prospect if he had done that.. Well, this crap season could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Hi all, just came in to say that was a Hell of an effort. You guys have a gem in Markstrom...enjoy.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:39 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonTicket View Post
Campbell maybe should have marked his man better but we were short handed and he had to deal with the other player coming down the boards with the puck. Once that player moved the puck he was already beat by Lupul.

Matthias was on Bozak on the left boards. Bozak moves the puck behind the net to Kessel who centers it to Lupul who is going hard to the net. So how do expect Matthias to track Lupul from the right side point?
But Campbell has been like this all season. Last season he makes that play. He's just playing a little lazy/not giving a full effort in his zone. His +/- is almost twice as bad as Kuba's, fwiw.

My bad, I meant Santorelli. Not Matthias.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
You know even if we finish with the worst record we will still lose the lottery.
Ya I have the same feeling

Old
03-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Stephen23

I come in with respect and peace. Just wanted to say I thought your boys played a hell of a game and put up a great effort last night. You guys have an incredibly tough and frustrating defensive game. Keep your heads up, if you guys keep performing the way you did last night, I see good things ahead. Cheers!

Old
03-27-2013, 12:47 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post

Clemmenson needs to go. Period.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Despite the loss, I thought we played a damn good game from the stats I read and highlights I ended up seeing when I got home from Passover dinner.

Markstrom is still developing and learning as time goes on, so I wouldn't expect him to excel as an incredible goaltender just yet. However, especially over the last few games, he's shown brilliance that we should see in the future. I feel much more comfortable with him if he's our starter next year now than I did a week or two ago since I know what he's capable of.

Shore, while still young is very much developing as well. I had a feeling that the chemistry between him, Huberdeau, and Mueller would dwindle off at some point. The idea of sending him back to the AHL to develop I'm neutral about, but it is a thought. Mueller is what I expected as we were told that he was a streaky player. Great when he's on and somewhat non-existent when he's off. If he can stay healthy, I'd expect a consistent 35-40 points for him per season.

I don't think we can really make a fair assessment on most players this season because of the lockout, so it'll be interesting to see what happens next season with certain guys in particular.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:55 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
Neither do I but I'm kinda nervous about locking up last place.... I want that 1st ovr pick badly... I wont be calm till when/if we get it...
I know this is a deep draft but I want an NHL ready young superstar ala Jones/MacKinnon

Old
03-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Panthersfan1989

Marky has been great. He is going to be something special, would like to see him and hubby shine the rest of the season.. Would love to see hubs win ROY. This team def needs to add a few grit pieces. Maybe we can actually win the lotto and GET MACK.. I doubt it though

Old
03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen23 View Post
I come in with respect and peace. Just wanted to say I thought your boys played a hell of a game and put up a great effort last night. You guys have an incredibly tough and frustrating defensive game. Keep your heads up, if you guys keep performing the way you did last night, I see good things ahead. Cheers!
Yeah, the defense is very frustrating to watch for the fans.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:43 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Hi all, just came in to say that was a Hell of an effort. You guys have a gem in Markstrom...enjoy.
Thank you.

Most of us know hes something special. Hell have his bad days, but as he matures theyll be fewer and fewer.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:45 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen23 View Post
Thx.

we have the pieces, but this year has been an abortion.

we will see alot of each other. looks like youll break your playoff drought, good luck the rest of the way.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:46 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Clemmenson needs to go. Period.
as much as I agree, i will venture to say the org is to cheap to let him go and replace unless some other team wants him.

We will have to hold on for 25-30 gms next year.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:25 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
as much as I agree, i will venture to say the org is to cheap to let him go and replace unless some other team wants him.

We will have to hold on for 25-30 gms next year.
A save percentage in the .850% does not deserve a spot on an NHL roster, regardless of if we're on a budget.

Closed Thread