HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers National TV Schedule

Old
08-10-2006, 08:52 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Rangers National TV Schedule

The national TV slate was released today.
http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/08/278602.html
As usual, MSG network will lose close to ten home games.

VERSUS - a.k.a: OLN

Tues - Oct 10 - Flyers - 7pm
Tues - Nov 14 - Devils - 7pm
Tues - Nov 21 - Hurricanes - 7pm
Mon - Jan 29 - @ Bruins - 7pm
Mon - Feb 5 - Red Wings - 7pm
Mon - Mar 5 - Islanders - 7pm
Mon - Mar 19 - Penguins - 7pm

NBC

Sat - Jan 13 - Bruins - 2:00 Pm
Sun - Feb 18 - Blackhawks - 3:30 pm
Sun - Mar 11 - Hurricanes - 12:30 pm
Sun - Mar 25 - @ Islanders - 12:30 pm

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 08-10-2006 at 09:02 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 10:32 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

NBC

These are the only games I'll get to see When up at college in Rochester. Stupid Sabres rule the airwaves there. I've expressed my angst and disgust about this topic here before, so I wont go into it. But Rangers v Bruins??? Rangers v Blackhawks???? Hmm, not exactly marquee matchups. Thought NBC would want a Flyer game or a Devil Game.... or something like a rivalry.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 10:37 AM
NYR1724

I goto school in Buffalo and live in Buffalo too, but anyways you coutn the 4 games against the Sabres - you'll see 15 games. For me atleast - I have center ice at my house, so during breaks at school - I'll be seeing at least 50 percent of the Rangers games this year.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Pugs35

Quote:

I go to school in Pittsburgh, so I'll get those national games and the 7 other Penguins games

I really wish NHL.com offered the same thing that MLB has

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 11:14 AM
J-Dawg

Quote:

NBC

Don't get OLN down here in Southern NY (unless they've added it since last season). Occationally we'd get OLN on the "overflow" channel until Sportsnet NY replaced it. Effn Cablevision!

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post

I really wish NHL.com offered the same thing that MLB has
Yeah it's so stupid that they don't, especially when so few people get OLN. Even the AHL does it!

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

^ If you get IO digital cable, you get OLN its channel 409. My GF just got IO so now I can watch those games that I couldnt previously see. Yeah shes really excited about watching 82 reg season games.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 12:06 PM
kasparaitis666

Does anyone know what kind of cable the baltimore area gets, Ill be down there for college this year, and Its going to suck if I miss a lot of Ranger games. On the other hand I would imagine ill get the broadcast for Caps games, because washington isnt that far away..

kasparaitis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Stevedude530

I think OLN is Channel 2 on Comcast in the Baltimore area. Are you near Towson?

Stevedude530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 12:44 PM
kasparaitis666

Thats where im going to school Towson U.

Old
08-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparaitis666 View Post
Thats where im going to school Towson U.
Nice ! Is Casa Mia's still around?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 12:50 PM
kasparaitis666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedude530 View Post
I think OLN is Channel 2 on Comcast in the Baltimore area. Are you near Towson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Nice ! Is Casa Mia's still around?
Well im not exactly sure what that is because im going to be a freshmen this year, but once I find out ill be sure to let you know

Old
08-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparaitis666 View Post
Well im not exactly sure what that is because im going to be a freshmen this year, but once I find out ill be sure to let you know
Towson is a pretty fun school, went there twice last year to visit on the weekends. I have a handful of friends that go there. BTW the girls are gorgeous.

As for the TV schedule, the less national broadcasts the better IMO. The Rangers dont seem to fair particularly well on national broadcasts, at least from what I recall.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Towson is a pretty fun school, went there twice last year to visit on the weekends. I have a handful of friends that go there. BTW the girls are gorgeous.

As for the TV schedule, the less national broadcasts the better IMO. The Rangers dont seem to fair particularly well on national broadcasts, at least from what I recall.
Yeah, that was one of the great parts of ESPN's national coverage... they always got big games with the Rangers because fair-weather fans will watch a big-market team play, and the Rangers would end up losing 95% of the time.

It pretty much defeated it's purpose. Who wonders what would have happened if the Rangers were to actually win games on National Hockey Night Telecasts.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 11:22 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Wow, OLN really likes the Rangers. Lets hope they're past their technical difficulties. Didn't the first period of the Rangers first game have no sound on OLN?

Speaking of televising hockey games, does anyone know if NHL Center Ice is a good deal? I got it on my IO Digital Cable from Cablevision for a free week at the beginning of last season and I really liked it because I got to see all the West Coast games.

I have MSG, FSNY, OLN (soon to be Versus), so I have no problem catching Rangers, Islanders and Devils games plus the teams that OLN likes to show (Pittsburgh, Detroit). I'll watch Islanders and Devils games because I'm a sucker for hockey but I don't like those teams and it gets boring fast. And I hate not getting a chance to really see the teams out west like Calgary, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Colorado, etc. So I'm wondering if Center Ice is a good thing to get.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 01:19 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Wow, OLN really likes the Rangers. Lets hope they're past their technical difficulties. Didn't the first period of the Rangers first game have no sound on OLN?
You'd be correct with that, as I ordered it right on opening night, and when I first got it, I called them back and was yapping off at them on the phone when I found that there was no sound. But then we proceeded to beat the Flyers like redheaded stepchildren, so I was happy.

Quote:
Speaking of televising hockey games, does anyone know if NHL Center Ice is a good deal? I got it on my IO Digital Cable from Cablevision for a free week at the beginning of last season and I really liked it because I got to see all the West Coast games.
I'll tell you from my experience, there's nothing like falling asleep right after the late game, especially watching Vancouver, San Jose, Edmonton, and Calgary. I've had center ice for the past few seasons. If you get it in the preseason or early on in the year, it's just under $110, so figure about $110 for about 99% of all out of market games, plus world juniors coverage... one hell of a deal if you ask me.

Quote:
I have MSG, FSNY, OLN (soon to be Versus), so I have no problem catching Rangers, Islanders and Devils games plus the teams that OLN likes to show (Pittsburgh, Detroit). I'll watch Islanders and Devils games because I'm a sucker for hockey but I don't like those teams and it gets boring fast. And I hate not getting a chance to really see the teams out west like Calgary, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Colorado, etc. So I'm wondering if Center Ice is a good thing to get.
Like I said, you'll love it. Worth every penny. Colorado's usually fun to watch too. I love watching LA, and hearing Randy Newman's "I Love LA" after they score is great. When Warren Zevon died a few years ago, Phoenix used "Werewolves Of London" as their goal song in tribute to Zevon, and I thought that was AWESOME. Anaheim was great to watch last year. Vancouver's always fun to watch. I liked watching Boston. I love watching St. Louis and Chicago, even though lately they haven't been great. I absolutely love watching Edmonton.

I could go on and on, but I won't... so yeah, definitely get it.

Old
08-11-2006, 08:00 AM
shoothepuck

Good to see that the scedule is out. I wish NBC would just stop with hockey because I hate to listen to Bill Clemente during those games.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 01:11 PM
RegalRangers

I struggled with not being able to see Ranger games up here in Boston for four years (technically three cause of the lockout) and now that I'm a college grad I'm finally moving back to the new york area! I missed MSG so much. Bruins games were boring and the NESN coverage was always terrible.

Be thankful for MSG they really do an amazing job compared to a lot of teams' local coverage.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 03:16 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHendrik35 View Post
^ If you get IO digital cable, you get OLN its channel 409. My GF just got IO so now I can watch those games that I couldnt previously see. Yeah shes really excited about watching 82 reg season games.
I thought it was 406? Whatever - search the low 400s if you have iO - it's there. Just look for the channel showing bow-hunting clinics in the offseason.

By the way, be aware that they're going to (or have they already?) rebrand as Versus. (In case you didn't read the original post closely.)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 09:06 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I thought it was 406? Whatever - search the low 400s if you have iO - it's there. Just look for the channel showing bow-hunting clinics in the offseason.

By the way, be aware that they're going to (or have they already?) rebrand as Versus. (In case you didn't read the original post closely.)
I was worried that I had given bad advice so I just checked and OLN (at least that's what the channel info window still calls it) is in fact 408.

And the current viewing classic is... drumroll, please... Fly Fishing Masters.

Ooh! "Bubba tosses the li'l feller back 'cause them ain't good eatin', nuh-uh" - my favorite episode!

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 06:17 PM
NYRchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post

OLN had it's share of Avs games this past season.I can recall seeing at least 4 AVS games televized on OLN

NYRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 09:22 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
I struggled with not being able to see Ranger games up here in Boston for four years (technically three cause of the lockout) and now that I'm a college grad I'm finally moving back to the new york area! I missed MSG so much. Bruins games were boring and the NESN coverage was always terrible.

Be thankful for MSG they really do an amazing job compared to a lot of teams' local coverage.
I agree. MSG is wayyyyy better than most other networks covering hockey. Watching other games on center ice is brutal sometimes. I hate when I turn on a TB-Ottawa game to find out the brutal guys in Tampa Bay are calling the game and talking like you don't know what a hockey puck is.

By the way, I was on the fence deciding whether to go to Bentley (Boston suburbs) or Fordham in NY and I can honestly say a large portion of my decision centered around the rangers and yankees because I was equal about the rest of the decisions. What a great decision.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 09:35 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
And the current viewing classic is... drumroll, please... Fly Fishing Masters.

Ooh! "Bubba tosses the li'l feller back 'cause them ain't good eatin', nuh-uh" - my favorite episode!

The sad part is that ranks up there with Bullriding as OLN's top non-hockey programming.