HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Huge win by a tired bunch Tor 3:2 Fla

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 05:30 PM
The Blue Devil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
It's a hockey forum, what else are we going to talk about?
Really? You bring up that it's a hockey forum and can't think of more than 1 player to talk about? Maybe you should stick to Tennis.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:35 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Succinct or shall I say touche.

But obcourse Grabo had one of his best games last night, tells you his minimal impact on this team when we were losing despite he was having a "great game" and until Bozak/Kessel added 2 assists to Lupul's 2 goals, THEN we won the game. That's impact and it only took them 1 period.
It was because of Grabo that the Leafs scored their 1st goal which also tied the game. What's your point?

Old
03-27-2013, 05:48 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
When in Calgary he was paired with a solid partner in Regher and his play was pretty good.
Phaneuf made Regehr look much better than he actually was, as he has most every d partner he's ever played with.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:58 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
Defensemen to Toronto are like goalies to Philadelphia.
the funny thing is that the leafs are getting the best goaltending they've had in years this year, and for the first time Leafs fans aren't worshipping the ground they walk on.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:10 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
There is no world where I would undo that trade.
its funny hes arguing about beauchemin... when we still got the best defenceman in the deal

Old
03-27-2013, 06:11 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
the funny thing is that the leafs are getting the best goaltending they've had in years this year, and for the first time Leafs fans aren't worshipping the ground they walk on.
yea this is wierd to me too..... Probably because these goalies have been with us for a while and not that "shinny new toy" effect we had when Reimer was first coming into the league.

its funny he was poll'd #1 athlete in toronto when he first broke into the league. (Bautista 2.... i bet we would see a lot more blue jays on that list now, however)

Old
03-27-2013, 06:26 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Phaneuf made Regehr look much better than he actually was, as he has most every d partner he's ever played with.
No. Just no. You are a terrible homer, why even pretend you watched him play for Calgary? Sure, they dumped Phaneuf for a bag of pucks because he was making their best defenseman look better than he was

Jesus.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:28 PM
bunjay

Quote:
I know right, it's so funny the way so many Leafs fans worshipped Raycroft, Toskala, Giguere and Gustavsson. No wait....you're just talking out your ass to sound like you're actually making a point.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
I know right, it's so funny the way so many Leafs fans worshipped Raycroft, Toskala, Giguere and Gustavsson. No wait....you're just talking out your ass to sound like you're actually making a point.

In all fairness, there was a loud contingent of fans who defended those goaltenders to the very end.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:19 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
In all fairness, there was a loud contingent of fans who defended those goaltenders to the very end.
There was a handful, and everyone else universally hated them.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:22 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
No. Just no. You are a terrible homer, why even pretend you watched him play for Calgary? Sure, they dumped Phaneuf for a bag of pucks because he was making their best defenseman look better than he was

Jesus.
And Phaneuf has continued playing like a top notch #1 defenseman since the trade, while Regehr is barely a third pairing dman, on his way down the Komisarek path.

coincidence? no.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:24 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:

oh they sure did worship Toskala, Giguere, and Gustavsson long past when they sucked.

The crap I got for suggesting Toskala was a below average goalie after his first season with us was unreal. Most Leaf fans actually thought he was elite at that point. So did the Hockey news.

In 2006-07 leaf fans worshipped raycroft and his team record 37 wins.

In 2007-08 leaf fans worshipped toskala and his 7th best goalie in the league Hockey news ranking, turning on raycroft.

In 2008-09 leaf fans still worshipped toskala until he was injured.

In 2009-10 leaf fans turned on Toskala and worshipped the MONSTER

In 2010-11 leaf fans turned on the Monster and worshipped Giguere and Reimer.

In 2011-12 leaf fans turned on Reimer and didn't worship anyone.

In 2012-13 leaf fans are still turned on Reimer, and scrivens, even though we're getting the best goaltending we've had since Belfour.

Last edited by zeke: 03-27-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 07:26 PM
bunjay

Quote:
And Phaneuf has continued playing like a top notch #1 defenseman since the trade
You say this all the time like it's an undisputable fact. It's not. Phaneuf has played like a top notch #1 defensemen for as many games as he's played like a pylon for the Leafs. If he still played for another team you would be the first to point out that he has played the most minutes on one of the league's worst defensive teams, as well as getting the most PP and PK minutes on dismal special teams for two and a half years. It's the sort of thing you love to point out when you compare opposing players unfavourably to our own.

Quote:
while Regehr is barely a third pairing dman.

coincidence? no.
Regehr was Calgary's top defenseman long before they stopped sheltering Phaneuf. So yes, coincidence.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:32 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
You say this all the time like it's an undisputable fact. It's not. Phaneuf has played like a top notch #1 defensemen for as many games as he's played like a pylon for the Leafs. If he still played for another team you would be the first to point out that he has played the most minutes on one of the league's worst defensive teams, as well as getting the most PP and PK minutes on dismal special teams for two and a half years. It's the sort of thing you love to point out when you compare opposing players unfavourably to our own.
Phaneuf, despite playing in front of some of the worst goaltending in the league since he's been here, has put up numbers - both offensive and defensive - comparable to the best of the best dmen in the league the past few years, and is again this year.

Quote:
Regehr was Calgary's top defenseman long before they stopped sheltering Phaneuf. So yes, coincidence.
Regehr was calgary's top defenseman just like Komisarek was an all-star - both crappy slow dmen made to look great by great defense partners. Both ahve been a couple of the worst contracts in hockey since losing those defense partners.

Old
bunjay

Quote:
oh they sure did worship Toskala, Giguere, and Gustavsson long past when they sucked.

The crap I got for suggesting Toskala was a below average goalie after his first season with us was unreal. Most Leaf fans actually thought he was elite at that point. So did the Hockey news.

In 2006-07 leaf fans worshipped raycroft and his team record 37 wins.

In 2007-08 leaf fans worshipped toskala and his 7th best goalie in the league Hockey news ranking, turning on raycroft.

In 2008-09 leaf fans still worshipped toskala until he was injured.

In 2009-10 leaf fans turned on Toskala and worshipped the MONSTER

In 2010-11 leaf fans turned on the Monster and worshipped Giguere and Reimer.

In 2011-12 leaf fans turned on Reimer and didn't worship anyone.

In 2012-13 leaf fans are still turned on Reimer, and scrivens, even though we're getting the best goaltending we've had since Belfour.
It's pretty awesome how you're always right and just so, so brilliant in hindsight when you change what was actually happening.

Old
Garbs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

You don't remember the days of RAZOR SHARP !!! goaltending?

03-27-2013, 07:34 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbs View Post
You don't remember the days of RAZOR SHARP !!! goaltending?
I remember people who knew nothing about hockey thinking he was pretty good long after it became obvious that he wasn't (won the Calder, bro!). Just like people who know nothing about hockey still think ****** players are awesome (Bozak $4.5 mil!).

I remember everyone else always mentioning his franchise wins record with nothing but sarcasm.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:35 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
It's pretty awesome how you're always right and just so, so brilliant in hindsight when you change what was actually happening.
I've made plenty of mistakes, I'm far from always right. And I admit when I'm wrong - for example, I thought Gustavsson was the real deal, and I was flat out wrong. I also thought higher of Stajan, Poni, and Wellwood then they turned out to be. I'm wrong plenty.

But I don't have to change anything for these arguments - I definitely am and was right in these cases.

Besides, I know you were one of the ones who worshipped the likes of Toskala while hating the likes of Beauchemin. Now, of course, Beauchemin is one of the best dmen in hockey on one of the best teams in hockey, while Toskala can't even hack it in the euro leagues.

Maybe you should try admitting when you're wrong for once, instead of reversing your arguments of the past to fit the present facts.

Just once.

Closed Thread