HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

BUF: Tyler Myers Available?

Old
03-26-2013, 12:57 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Yes, projected. He could also fail to reach his full potential. Thats the thing with prospects, there are very few guarantees. If we could grab someone a few years ahead in there development, I'd be all for it, because that would at least let us compete now instead of needing to wait for Girgs to pan out.

From the sentiments on these boards lately, many fans want the Sabres to just fold and rebuild from the ground up. Call me impatient, but I'm not one of those people. I'd rather see this team compete now and slowly improve as our prospects develop (Grigs, Girgs, Armia, McNabb, McCabe, etc.) then to tank completely. I'll never root for my team to lose, unlike a lot of people on here.
The other thing is that Girgs is playing on the wing in Rochester and he could potentially remain there on a line with Couts if that type of deal were to happen.

Personally, I hope they hold onto Myers and see what he can do next season under a potentially new coach and maybe with a new D partner.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 12:57 PM
DarkReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Not even close to being comparable. Name one similarity other than that they're both "star" players. (Hint: there aren't any.)

No NTC, no trade request, 23 with loads of potential vs knowing exactly what player you're getting, signed only into his prime years, unlike Nash who is likely signed beyond them.
You are right on all accounts. No argument.

But I guarantee Myers will fetch far less than any Buffalo fan thinks he should fetch in this thread.

Courtier+ is probably the best deal out there, or the Eberle+ deal. A rising star young player and a pick OR a great vet, top prospect and top pick (around that). IMO, thats all Buffalo gets out of Myers, I dont care what his potential is.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:20 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Problem is that Stastny is leagues better than Leino, and ROR is not grossly underperforming with a long term deal hanging over your head.
Ok you're right. Buffalo should definitely trade their franchise potential D for an overpaid 2nd liner.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Ok you're right. Buffalo should definitely trade their franchise potential D for an overpaid 2nd liner.
No, they should want to KEEP their franchise potential D but they don't apparently.

Hmmm strange. Could it be that he's not as good as you're letting on?? Nah!

All teams should be lining up to give you their young, 1st line talent in exchange.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:12 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
No, they should want to KEEP their franchise potential D but they don't apparently.

All teams should be lining up to give you their young, 1st line talent in exchange.
Given how Regier's true intentions with regards to trades rarely leak out, I don't know how much credence to give the report that they are shopping Myers. Heck, the way it's written, Myers may not be on the block as much as other people are wondering if Myers will get dealt because of his slow start this season.

The quote is
Quote:
His name is certainly out there for trade, but with six years and $33 million left on his deal, he’s a financially risky pickup.
That doesn't say that Regier wants to move him.....

It could be sort of like Vancouver trading CoHo last year where Regier has a really short list of a specific type of player that he'll move Myers for.

I would be surprised if Myers gets dealt.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:20 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

I'm sure they do. 1) There has never been an accurate leak of a Sabres player being shopped that I can remember (aside from the super obvious ones like UFAs-to-be). Regier isn't exactly known for his predictability. I mean, just about a week before firing Ruff, he made a statement supporting him. 2) Listening to offers =/= actively seeking to trade. Tyler Myers us not getting moved for your underperforming overpaid scraps. We have plenty of those already.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:36 PM
5 Minute Major

Simply put, the Sabres shouldn't trade Myers unless they get an overpayment and, with the year he has had, that simply isn't happening.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote