HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

2012 & 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series & Camping World Truck Series Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Greeningfan14

vCash: 500
That's why Tony is my driver. Everyone else seems too monotone

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:10 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTheLehner View Post
That's why Tony is my driver. Everyone else seems too monotone
Come on man Joey threw a water bottle thats tough No? Joey looked like Semin throwing a punch. Should Not

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Was listening to MRN after the race. When they interviewed Tony he said something along the lines of "if Nascar wants the drivers to have at it then we should fight like hockey players until someone drops to the ground''

On a side note, im jealous of Eddie Shack because he got free tickets to the best Nascar race California has ever had.

Logano has to answer to Hamlin and Stewart this season. Should be fun to watch.

Any updates on Hamlin?

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:21 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
Was listening to MRN after the race. When they interviewed Tony he said something along the lines of "if Nascar wants the drivers to have at it then we should fight like hockey players until someone drops to the ground''

On a side note, im jealous of Eddie Shack because he got free tickets to the best Nascar race California has ever had.

Any updates on Hamlin?
He has a compression fracture in his back:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...44158598,d.dmQ

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:26 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loto68 View Post
I have no respect left for Tony. He *****es about blocking but I've seen him make that exact same block a couple dozen times.
I agree. I only started watching NASCAR again this past fall but IIRC Mr. Stewart threw a block during the last lap @ Talledega that caused a 20+ car wreck. So as far as I'm concerned when it comes to blocking or getting blocked Tony Stewart should just S.T.F.U.

I have zero problem with Joey Logano's block of him. It isn't like Logano spun him out or wrecked him. Looked to me like Logano was just protecting his spot on the track.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:

Any updates on Hamlin?
If it makes you feel any better, I've paid a lot of money for a lot of stinkers out there. They owed me one.
Edit: Actually the free tickets came from the Auto Club themselves (and good ones I might add) so that makes it even sweeter.

For those of you who haven't figured it out, there is obviously some historical dislike between Tony and Joey. Rumor has it that Joey isn't the most liked guy in the garage. Does that make Tony right? No, but it explains why he threw a hissy fit at Joey for a move he and many others regularly make. When it's your friend you tend to display less anger. When it's somebody you don't like anyway, well, you unload. Tony unloaded.

Last edited by Eddie Shack: 03-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
ichabod13

i can block you any time i want to, but dont you even think about blocking me.....EVER!!!

its just like hockey folks......if you touch one of my temmates, we will all jump you. clean hit or not, you will get jumped. but my teammates and i are free to pound the piss out of your superstar and smaller players. and if you try to retaliate, our owner and coaching staff will cry to the league!!!

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

This is what happens when Tony blocks ...

Old
03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
i can block you any time i want to, but dont you even think about blocking me.....EVER!!!

its just like hockey folks......if you touch one of my temmates, we will all jump you. clean hit or not, you will get jumped. but my teammates and i are free to pound the piss out of your superstar and smaller players. and if you try to retaliate, our owner and coaching staff will cry to the league!!!

That's beautiful man. You have just described HF to a T.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I agree. I only started watching NASCAR again this past fall but IIRC Mr. Stewart threw a block during the last lap @ Talledega that caused a 20+ car wreck. So as far as I'm concerned when it comes to blocking or getting blocked Tony Stewart should just S.T.F.U.

I have zero problem with Joey Logano's block of him. It isn't like Logano spun him out or wrecked him. Looked to me like Logano was just protecting his spot on the track.
There is more to it than the blocking attempt on the restart. Logano is not very well liked in the garage area and it obviously is starting to boil over.

Stewart is not going to S.T.F.U anytime soon, by the way. If becoming an owner of a three car team hasn't quieted him ...

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:43 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post

While I completely agree it was really nothing (and I hate Logano), this couldn't be over this one move. No way Stewart would act like that, has to have been boiling over for some time.

On a side note, Hamlin is expected to miss atleast 6 weeks with a compression fracture

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
There is more to it than the blocking attempt on the restart. Logano is not very well liked in the garage area and it obviously is starting to boil over.

Stewart is not going to S.T.F.U anytime soon, by the way. If becoming an owner of a three car team hasn't quieted him ...
Liked or not IMO Logano did what he had to do and you can bet 100% of his peers would have done the same thing in his position, including Tony Stewart.

And yeah I don't think #14 will s.t.f.u. either but man did he sound like a complete jackwagon *****ing about how he got blocked. Suck it up and give it right back!

Old
03-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Denny Hamlin gets fined 25,000$ for this

Quote:
"I don't want to be the pessimist, but it did not race as good as our Generation 5 cars [a.k.a. "Car of Tomorrow"],"

"This is more like what the Generation 5 was at the beginning. The teams hadn't figured out how to get the aero balance right. Right now, you just run single-file and you cannot get around the guy in front of you. You would have placed me in 20th-place with 30 (laps) to go, I would have stayed there I wouldn't have moved up. It's just one of those things where track position is everything."

"I hate to be 'Denny-downer,' but I just didn't pass that many cars today. That's the realistic fact of it."
Tony after California get nothing ...

Quote:
"It's time he learns a lesson," "He's run his mouth long enough. ... He's nothing but a little rich kid that's never had to work in his life, so he's going to learn what us working guys who had to work our way up (know about) how it works."

"Dumb little son-of-a-b---- runs us clear down to the infield,"

"He wants to b---- about everybody else and he's the one who drives like a little b----. I'm going to bust his ass."

I don't want them to slap a fine on Tony. When you see the contrast it makes it clear how stupid it was to fine Hamlin's comments.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Denny Hamlin gets fined 25,000$ for this

Tony after California get nothing ...

I don't want them to slap a fine on Tony. When you see the contrast it makes it clear how stupid it was to fine Hamlin's comments.
But understand, Denny had the audacity to say something even remotely negative about nascar. Tony just *****ed about a competitor. Remember too what Gordon got away with the next to last race of last year. 100% intentional wrecking of a guy who still had a chance at the championship with 2 races left. nascar had no problem with that either. And Gordo almost took out Brad K as he went after Boyer.

It's nascar's inconsisty in policing that make it lose credibility. Not a lot unlike our favorite hockey league.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:42 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
But understand, Denny had the audacity to say something even remotely negative about nascar. Tony just *****ed about a competitor. Remember too what Gordon got away with the next to last race of last year. 100% intentional wrecking of a guy who still had a chance at the championship with 2 races left. nascar had no problem with that either. And Gordo almost took out Brad K as he went after Boyer.

It's nascar's inconsisty in policing that make it lose credibility. Not a lot unlike our favorite hockey league.
No it's not inconsistent. "Boys have at it" right or wrong, NASCAR lets guys wreck each other but there is zero tolerance in dissing sponsors or the cars. I thought Hamlins comments were a non issue but whatever, zero tolerance is zero tolerance.

IIRC Edwards intentionally wrecked Keselowski and admited it after a race a few years ago. Brad went AIRBORNE and I don't believe he suffered any punishment. This, to me, is much much worse than what Gordon did. But this is how they do things.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
No it's not inconsistent. "Boys have at it" right or wrong, NASCAR lets guys wreck each other but there is zero tolerance in dissing sponsors or the cars. I thought Hamlins comments were a non issue but whatever, zero tolerance is zero tolerance.

IIRC Edwards intentionally wrecked Keselowski and admited it after a race a few years ago. Brad went AIRBORNE and I don't believe he suffered any punishment. This, to me, is much much worse than what Gordon did. But this is how they do things.
It absolutely is inconsistent (as pointed out earlier in this thread) when Denny gets the book thrown at him and Tony gets nothing for this rant last year:

As for "boys have at it" that's just another way of saying we know a lot of the racing sucks so please divert the fans attention from that fact with personal skirmishes. While I am OK with that, Gordon almost took out the ultimate champ last year in that intentional wreck and he did take out a guy who was at the time still in contention with 2 races to go. You can bet your bottom dollar if a backmarker did what Gordon did he would be fined, suspended and threatened to never be allowed to race again. nascar is nothing but inconsistent in how they apply any discipline. That's what makes them the joke they are. And do I have to mention how many times yellow flags do not get thrown on the white flag lap when real danger exists? But we get yellows every time a hot dog wrapper is about to put Jr or some other priviledged driver a lap down. Inconsistent? Naaahhh.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:39 PM
mapes

Never allowed to race again?? Lol. Edwards nearly kills Keselowski as I already pointed out and what did he get? That is worse than taking a guy who is high in the standings but still far out points wise. These type of events have been allowed for years. Bowyer had it coming anyways. You keep messing with the same guy, then it is what it is. If you didnt see the wreck, google it, I believe it was Atlanta in 2010 and Edwards admitted he did it intentional. Airborne at 190 mph. Got nothing. Maybe both would be handled differently had it been a nobody but that's all sports. Every sport operates that way for obvious reasons.

Last season Kurt Busch got wrecked by Newman and he went to Newmans pits doing burn outs and nearly ran over one member in his crew. Just fined

2011 I recall Jimmie intentionally wrecking Kurt Busch. After the race Busch got physical with the reporter

Rarely do we see suspensions for intentional wrecks

Old
03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Never allowed to race again?? Lol. Edwards nearly kills Keselowski as I already pointed out and what did he get? That is worse than taking a guy who is high in the standings but still far out points wise. These type of events have been allowed for years. Bowyer had it coming anyways. You keep messing with the same guy, then it is what it is. If you didnt see the wreck, google it, I believe it was Atlanta in 2010 and Edwards admitted he did it intentional. Airborne at 190 mph. Got nothing. Maybe both would be handled differently had it been a nobody but that's all sports. Every sport operates that way for obvious reasons.

Last season Kurt Busch got wrecked by Newman and he went to Newmans pits doing burn outs and nearly ran over one member in his crew. Just fined

2011 I recall Jimmie intentionally wrecking Kurt Busch. After the race Busch got physical with the reporter

Rarely do we see suspensions for intentional wrecks
No, but Carl Long gets fined into bankruptcy for a tiny measurement on an engine he bought and installed, as is, into his car. Meanwhile Chad Knauss re-engineers shocks to work illegally, wins the race, and nascar asks him to please stop doing it.

Yes, they have let guys wreck each other, but they have so far been the top drivers from the top teams. You can't seriously tell me nascar treats everybody equally. And what about Tony's rant in the link above? You don't think he bad mouthed nascar way worse than what Denny said? You're not being honest if you think they don't play favorites.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:07 AM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Hey, Tony spent a lot of his Sunday afternoons in the NASCAR hauler in early part of his career. Maybe they just got tired of dealing with him? But seriously, NASCAR operates no different than the NHL. Most superstars will get away with something that others won't. That is just how it works, and has worked for a very long time in NASCAR.

I think that they are just trying way to hard to bring the excitement back. Honestly, it has not been there since big E died. Throw that on top of an economy in the toilet, and everyone is wondering what is wrong with the sport. Maybe if Jr was half the driver his father was...

Old
03-30-2013, 03:16 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Hey, Tony spent a lot of his Sunday afternoons in the NASCAR hauler in early part of his career. Maybe they just got tired of dealing with him? But seriously, NASCAR operates no different than the NHL. Most superstars will get away with something that others won't. That is just how it works, and has worked for a very long time in NASCAR.

I think that they are just trying way to hard to bring the excitement back. Honestly, it has not been there since big E died. Throw that on top of an economy in the toilet, and everyone is wondering what is wrong with the sport. Maybe if Jr was half the driver his father was...
I agree, this is the root of what drives nascar. But they are going about it the wrong way. Real racing is taking a backseat to theatrics. Concerts, boys have at it, plate "racing", phony cautions, and biased adjudicating are growing real old. Thank god it looks like open wheel racing is making a comeback.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Open wheel is making a comeback?

Haha, good one.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Open wheel is making a comeback?

Haha, good one.
Good racing, good mix of youth and vets, good mix of tracks. Oh, and a woman driver who is actually a talented driver. If you like racing, yes. If you the type of "racing" Tony describes in the video then no you probably won't like open wheel.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Quote:
Good racing, good mix of youth and vets, good mix of tracks. Oh, and a woman driver who is actually a talented driver. If you like racing, yes. If you the type of "racing" Tony describes in the video then no you probably won't like open wheel.
I like the IZOD series, but in no way will it become more popular than NASCAR in the states.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
I like the IZOD series, but in no way will it become more popular than NASCAR in the states.
It may not. But I never said that. I merely stated it is making a comeback, which it is. There is finally a good solid field of quality drivers, young and old who can win. It's a good mix of ovals and road courses. There is an overall champ as well as a road course champ and an oval champ. There is of course the Indy 500. The races are generally competitive and focus is on racing not all the peripheral antics. If you haven't watched in a while, I would encourage you to give them a try again. Next week they are at Barber Motorsports Park. Our own HF moderator Kevin is a credentialed reporter at that race.

Come on over to the dark side.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Quote:
It may not. But I never said that. I merely stated it is making a comeback, which it is. There is finally a good solid field of quality drivers, young and old who can win. It's a good mix of ovals and road courses. There is an overall champ as well as a road course champ and an oval champ. There is of course the Indy 500. The races are generally competitive and focus is on racing not all the peripheral antics. If you haven't watched in a while, I would encourage you to give them a try again. Next week they are at Barber Motorsports Park. Our own HF moderator Kevin is a credentialed reporter at that race.

Come on over to the dark side.
18 months ago they held a race with to many cars at a track that they shouldn't have raced on, and someone died. They are far away from any sort of comeback.

Anyways, I watch them most of the time if NASCAR isn't on. Same with F1. I just like racing.