HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: National Championships

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2006, 12:46 PM
  #26
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidette View Post
Yeah I heard about Burrows.. but never saw him play.. Supposed to be one of the top ball hockey player in Canada.

regarded by most as the best ball hockey player in the WORLD!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 12:48 PM
  #27
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadice View Post
I wouldn't miss the finals for the world... I'll likely watch all of the quarters and semis too... I saw the finals a couple of years ago in Toronto and it was unbelievable... It was the best, most exciting, hardest hitting game of ball hockey that I've ever seen... I'm sure our whole team will be there...

lol..nice, ill be there too, ive been there every day so far to watch all the red lite and all the black knights games. Ive also been flirting with the bartender cuz daaaaaaamn shes hot!

Tommorow i will definatly be watching the QF and SF, Saturday, Im gonna miss the bronze medal game due to ice hockey but i will most definatly be there for the gold medal.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 01:52 PM
  #28
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Tony is old minded and plays the veteran,he thinks he's playing for the stanley cup .
What do you mean? It IS the Stanley Cup...of Canadian ballhockey.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 02:03 PM
  #29
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
What do you mean? It IS the Stanley Cup...of Canadian ballhockey.

I agree.

Every team that plays ball hockey in Canada aims for one thing, and thats the national championship. (well every team except the teams playing in the west island league, cuz thats a waste of a league, teams from there cant go to the nationals).

but Tony does have to change his mentality, some of the old guys, dont get the job done anymore. Laflamme constantly gives up the ball. Mousto is playing on 1 leg (he re-agrivated his injury again last night). and he has guys like Carlo Pisanelli playing 3 shifts a game.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 02:17 PM
  #30
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I agree.

Every team that plays ball hockey in Canada aims for one thing, and thats the national championship. (well every team except the teams playing in the west island league, cuz thats a waste of a league, teams from there cant go to the nationals).

but Tony does have to change his mentality, some of the old guys, dont get the job done anymore. Laflamme constantly gives up the ball. Mousto is playing on 1 leg (he re-agrivated his injury again last night). and he has guys like Carlo Pisanelli playing 3 shifts a game.


Yup,he will keep losing year after year until he plays the younger guys more

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 02:18 PM
  #31
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Yup,he will keep losing year after year until he plays the younger guys more
definatly..

you know alot about PTM, i probably know you then.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 02:43 PM
  #32
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I agree.

Every team that plays ball hockey in Canada aims for one thing, and thats the national championship. (well every team except the teams playing in the west island league, cuz thats a waste of a league, teams from there cant go to the nationals).

but Tony does have to change his mentality, some of the old guys, dont get the job done anymore. Laflamme constantly gives up the ball. Mousto is playing on 1 leg (he re-agrivated his injury again last night). and he has guys like Carlo Pisanelli playing 3 shifts a game.
Ok, now I get it. If he's playing a fast, defensive style it only makes sense to play your whole bench and save your vets for when it counts anyway.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 03:36 PM
  #33
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Ok, now I get it. If he's playing a fast, defensive style it only makes sense to play your whole bench and save your vets for when it counts anyway.

The guy is lost.Musto picked up an injury late in the game on Monday when the Knights were winning like 5-1 .The guy just has to learn to trust his players.In the winter season his plays everyone because the Red lite don't have there full team and he wins the championchip easally.Anyways if you catch a game you will see the same 4-5 guy's playing the whole game while the other teams use all their roster

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 04:07 PM
  #34
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The guy is lost.Musto picked up an injury late in the game on Monday when the Knights were winning like 5-1 .The guy just has to learn to trust his players.In the winter season his plays everyone because the Red lite don't have there full team and he wins the championchip easally.Anyways if you catch a game you will see the same 4-5 guy's playing the whole game while the other teams use all their roster
I'm going on Saturday for the final. Can't wait. Is there an admission fee?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 04:17 PM
  #35
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I'm going on Saturday for the final. Can't wait. Is there an admission fee?


ya, Saturday its 10$
Friday its gonna be 7$
Monday to today has been 5$

I baught the tournament pass on monday of 20$ which was very well worth it cuz ive seen 12 games so far.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 04:19 PM
  #36
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The guy is lost.Musto picked up an injury late in the game on Monday when the Knights were winning like 5-1 .The guy just has to learn to trust his players.In the winter season his plays everyone because the Red lite don't have there full team and he wins the championchip easally.Anyways if you catch a game you will see the same 4-5 guy's playing the whole game while the other teams use all their roster

Musto was hurt before Monday. His hamstring has been bothering him for a while. Monday he hurt it abit more. and Last night while running across the blue line he came up limping and left the game. I would be very surprised to see him playing tonight.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 04:24 PM
  #37
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
you should try getting there tonight...

ALL 3 Montreal teams are playing one after the other.

at 6:30 the Montreal United Sharks (0 and 4) play against the Newfoundland Shooters

..United Sharks were invited to the tournament because they needed another team. Its just a bunch of guys from around PTM thrown together playing. Their first 2 games were close (4-3 and 3-2) but they got their behinds handed to them by the black knights 8-1 and by vancouver falcons 5-2.


at 20:00 RED LITE vs West Coast Gamblers

at 21:30 BLACK KNIGHTS vs Kamloops Blackjacks

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 10:29 PM
  #38
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
United Sharks win 7-1..they are eliminated finished 1 and 4

Red Lite won 7-2 ALEX BURROWS PLAYED...he is AMAZING!
He had at least 8 break aways. I think he finished with 1 goal and 1 assist.. his goal was scored while his team was down 2 men.
He left the game when it started to get dirty and they started going after him.

Black Knights won 5-0 to finish round robin with a perfect 5 and 0 record. They have 4 goals against in 5 games.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 10:35 PM
  #39
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quarter Final match ups

all played friday
@ Martin Brodeur Arena
1:30PM Kamloops Blackjacks vs RED LITE
3:00PM Westend Hurricane Oilers vs Vancouver Falcon green Machine

@ Howie Morenz arena
1:30PM Edmonton Snipers vs BLACK KNIGHTS
3:00PM Missisauga United Hawks vs Brampton Midnight Express


Semi Finals are Friday night at Martin Brodeur..7:30 and 9:00

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 11:14 PM
  #40
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Quarter Final match ups

all played friday
@ Martin Brodeur Arena
1:30PM Kamloops Blackjacks vs RED LITE
3:00PM Westend Hurricane Oilers vs Vancouver Falcon green Machine

@ Howie Morenz arena
1:30PM Edmonton Snipers vs BLACK KNIGHTS
3:00PM Missisauga United Hawks vs Brampton Midnight Express


Semi Finals are Friday night at Martin Brodeur..7:30 and 9:00
Wow the Red Lite have an easier game the the Black Knights who finished 5-0.It's gonna be hard

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 11:16 PM
  #41
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Wow the Red Lite have an easier game the the Black Knights who finished 5-0.It's gonna be hard

thats because Black Knights division sucked and Red Lite's was insane!!


and now that Red Lite has Alex Burrows, they are ever so dangerous, he was so dominant tonight.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 12:05 AM
  #42
Papadice
Registered User
 
Papadice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 813
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Papadice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
lol..nice, ill be there too, ive been there every day so far to watch all the red lite and all the black knights games. Ive also been flirting with the bartender cuz daaaaaaamn shes hot!

Tommorow i will definatly be watching the QF and SF, Saturday, Im gonna miss the bronze medal game due to ice hockey but i will most definatly be there for the gold medal.
She is UNBELIEVABLY hot....

Papadice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 01:22 AM
  #43
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
wow, I have such a hard choice to make.

Black Knights and Red Lite are playing at the same time at different arenas. One of my best friends is playing with the knights for this tournament but I love red lite, I can never get enough of watching them, and now that Burrows is back, its even funner.

ummm...ahhhhh...Red Lite it is!!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 08:05 AM
  #44
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
wow, I have such a hard choice to make.

Black Knights and Red Lite are playing at the same time at different arenas. One of my best friends is playing with the knights for this tournament but I love red lite, I can never get enough of watching them, and now that Burrows is back, its even funner.

ummm...ahhhhh...Red Lite it is!!


I would go watch the Knights.It will be a much better game and also if they are loosing you will get to see a fight.The Red Lite should easally win so they will be in the semis but the Knights?? It can go either way

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 10:37 AM
  #45
Papadice
Registered User
 
Papadice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 813
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Papadice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I would go watch the Knights.It will be a much better game and also if they are loosing you will get to see a fight.The Red Lite should easally win so they will be in the semis but the Knights?? It can go either way
Just a head's up about what went down yesterday with the Maritime Selects team folks... We were about to get ready to head out to our game against the Midnight Express last night... some of the boys went out to get in their truck and found that the truck was no longer there... Turns out that his $50,000 truck was stolen right out of the parking lot of our hotel in the middle of the day... On top of that, we had about 10 guys on our team that had their gear stowed away in the back of the truck, including both goaltenders (myself included)... So, we had no goalie gear and only had 10 guys with forwards gear to play... So, we had to forfeit the game... it shows as a 7-0 loss on the internet but if you look at the summary you'll see that nobody got any points during the game... it's standard for the forfeit to show up as a 7-0 mercy...

So, we've had quite the last 24 hours... one of our guys had his suped up Dodge Ram Hemi stolen, and we lost all our gear, including 2 sets of goalie gear... Quite the day...

Papadice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 11:15 AM
  #46
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I would go watch the Knights.It will be a much better game and also if they are loosing you will get to see a fight.The Red Lite should easally win so they will be in the semis but the Knights?? It can go either way
I find the black knights games to be very boring. ALL 5 of their games were putting me to sleep.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 11:15 AM
  #47
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadice View Post
Just a head's up about what went down yesterday with the Maritime Selects team folks... We were about to get ready to head out to our game against the Midnight Express last night... some of the boys went out to get in their truck and found that the truck was no longer there... Turns out that his $50,000 truck was stolen right out of the parking lot of our hotel in the middle of the day... On top of that, we had about 10 guys on our team that had their gear stowed away in the back of the truck, including both goaltenders (myself included)... So, we had no goalie gear and only had 10 guys with forwards gear to play... So, we had to forfeit the game... it shows as a 7-0 loss on the internet but if you look at the summary you'll see that nobody got any points during the game... it's standard for the forfeit to show up as a 7-0 mercy...

So, we've had quite the last 24 hours... one of our guys had his suped up Dodge Ram Hemi stolen, and we lost all our gear, including 2 sets of goalie gear... Quite the day...


wow, that sucks, I hope they catch the guy. Not fun when things like that happen.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 11:27 AM
  #48
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Here is a picture of alex burrows letting go a wrist shot last night...
He shot it just wide while on a partial break.

[IMAGE]http://www.ballhockeynews.ca/2006nationals/rl.jpg[/IMAGE]

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 11:49 AM
  #49
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,092
vCash: 500
Keep me posted please if you can,Im working and would like to know who wins the pm games.thanks

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 01:12 PM
  #50
Papadice
Registered User
 
Papadice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 813
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Papadice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
wow, that sucks, I hope they catch the guy. Not fun when things like that happen.
they won't catch him... at least 1 car gets stolen every day in Montreal... the cops told us it's probably already on a boat heading overseas... the cops didn't even show up... we called them, waited 3 hours, then eventually got tired of waiting so the guy that owned the truck went down to the police station himself to give his statement... a stolen car in Montreal is no big deal to the cops... they see it every day...

Now, it's just a matter of getting my gear replaced by the insurance... sounds like they'll cover it but i have to pay for it up front... i just tallied it all up and to replace everything that was lost i'm looking at about $5200... which i don't have up front... anyone want to loan me some coin? lol...

Papadice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.