HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. John's IceCaps 2012-13 - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 08:12 PM
  #626
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,981
vCash: 50
So, the IceCaps are playing much better now than when they had Machacek. Hmmmm.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:17 PM
  #627
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
So, the IceCaps are playing much better now than when they had Machacek. Hmmmm.
I think that is probably more coincidental than many would like to think.
I was never very high on Machacek as some others here, but still even if his bad attitude was the worst it possibly could be, it can only affect the game so much.

Dex and Eddie all had lower sv% than their norm and most of the teams big guns had terrible sh% relative to their norm. They out shot many teams, and McCambridge said at one point they were recording scoring chances and were beating most teams there too.

I'm not saying that Machacek didn't have any problems, and I'm not saying it didn't effect the team. I just think some are over exaggerating what type of power that would have.

garret9 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:17 PM
  #628
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,359
vCash: 500
Saponari does not look out of place at all.
If he doesn't get an ELC he will get a contract for the IceCaps for sure.

garret9 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:30 PM
  #629
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,600
vCash: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
3-1

O`Dell with his 25th on the PP

Gagnon scores a SH, which now makes Gagnon leading the team in consecutive games with points (11).
So, how much of a look does O'Dell get next year?

Question for Ice Cap fans, does he need to be in a scoring role, or could he handle a 3rd line role? Just wondering if he could handle 3rd line duties in Winnipeg at some point.

Huffer is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:33 PM
  #630
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Looking more like the IceCaps we expected.

MrMariusz is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:05 PM
  #631
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
So, how much of a look does O'Dell get next year?

Question for Ice Cap fans, does he need to be in a scoring role, or could he handle a 3rd line role? Just wondering if he could handle 3rd line duties in Winnipeg at some point.
Noel doesn't use his 3rd line as a defensive checking line ever since USSR got broken up.
Now he rolls 3 scoring lines, where LLW takes the tough matchups, then Kane's, then 3rd line is sheltered. 4th line is extremely sheltered but is predominately given defensive zone starts so that he can use the top 3 lines in the offensive zone more often. So we really don't need to worry about our players fitting into a Burke style 'top6/bottom6' fashion.

Now to be more on topic.
If we were more of a top6/bottom6 team I don't think O`Dell could play 3rd line. He's not small, but he's not big. He's not shy to use the body, but he's not overly physical.

I really think that O`Dell gets a good look.
He can play centre and RW and he's a pretty good goal scorer. He does well behind the net and in the high slot. He's not that great of a distributer though. He would fit well with a combo like Antropov/Lowry + Scheifele/Burmistrov.

garret9 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:13 PM
  #632
Canadienjet
Registered User
 
Canadienjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,566
vCash: 500
Aaron Gagnon finally showing up...6 months too late.

O'Dell ****ing kicks ass

Canadienjet is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:32 PM
  #633
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,600
vCash: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Noel doesn't use his 3rd line as a defensive checking line ever since USSR got broken up.
Now he rolls 3 scoring lines, where LLW takes the tough matchups, then Kane's, then 3rd line is sheltered. 4th line is extremely sheltered but is predominately given defensive zone starts so that he can use the top 3 lines in the offensive zone more often. So we really don't need to worry about our players fitting into a Burke style 'top6/bottom6' fashion.

Now to be more on topic.
If we were more of a top6/bottom6 team I don't think O`Dell could play 3rd line. He's not small, but he's not big. He's not shy to use the body, but he's not overly physical.

I really think that O`Dell gets a good look.
He can play centre and RW and he's a pretty good goal scorer. He does well behind the net and in the high slot. He's not that great of a distributer though. He would fit well with a combo like Antropov/Lowry + Scheifele/Burmistrov.
Really? I guess I still thought Noel was giving LLW #1 responsibility, the 3rd line #2, and the 2nd line #3.

It would be interesting to see both Scheifele and O'Dell on the roster next year. Maybe O'Dell on the 3rd with Jokinen?

Huffer is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:53 PM
  #634
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Really? I guess I still thought Noel was giving LLW #1 responsibility, the 3rd line #2, and the 2nd line #3.

It would be interesting to see both Scheifele and O'Dell on the roster next year. Maybe O'Dell on the 3rd with Jokinen?
He seems to be flexible and the second + third lines will change matchups depending on how they're playing and who is there but predominately the toughness on matchups have gone (in tiers):
Little > Ladd > Wheeler
Antropov > Miettinen ~ Kane ~ Burmistrov
Wellwood
Jokinen

I could see them both on the team. If there are no UFA signings and no one gets sent down, I would guess next season would look something along the lines of (but I kind of hope Lowry or Telegin can push out Tangradi):
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Burmistrov
Tangradi - Jokinen - O`Dell
Wright - Slater - Peluso



Now back to IceCaps... It'll be real interesting to see how next season's roster will look like and how they will do.
Forwards will have hopefully a healed Telegin. Cisse, Saponari, Samuels-Thomas, Brassard, Lowry and Sutter could all be potentially trying out.
Blue line will have Melchiori, Sol, O`Neill and Chiarot all out of their rookie rust. Yuen will be coming in as a newbie.

garret9 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:06 PM
  #635
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Tie game in Worcester at the moment.

Soft penalty shot call for Worcester now...3-2 Worcester, ugh.

UGH. 4-2 not much later. Blown icing call, I see refs are at their best again...


Last edited by MrMariusz: 03-30-2013 at 09:12 PM.
MrMariusz is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:33 PM
  #636
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,359
vCash: 500
Tie game...

Both goals due to O`Neill

garret9 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:45 PM
  #637
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Holy crap.

What a comeback LOL.

ICE CAPS WIN 5-4.

MrMariusz is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:53 PM
  #638
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
Holy crap.

What a comeback LOL.

ICE CAPS WIN 5-4.
Solid game by Maxwell

garret9 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:17 PM
  #639
IceCapsFanNL
Registered User
 
IceCapsFanNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 993
vCash: 500
It's too late but this team reminds me somewhat of last seasons team

IceCapsFanNL is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:24 PM
  #640
ATLhockey437
Registered User
 
ATLhockey437's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Just wanna know from the Ice Cap fans how Saponari has looked so far since joining the team? Use to play hockey with him growing up in Atlanta and still pretty good friends with his father.....

Saponari is only the third kid so far out of GA who has made an appearance in the A, so really hoping that this works out for him.

ATLhockey437 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:31 PM
  #641
TroubaFan1
Registered User
 
TroubaFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Its nice to see the IceCaps, on a bit of a winning streak right now.

TroubaFan1 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:54 PM
  #642
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLhockey437 View Post
Just wanna know from the Ice Cap fans how Saponari has looked so far since joining the team? Use to play hockey with him growing up in Atlanta and still pretty good friends with his father.....

Saponari is only the third kid so far out of GA who has made an appearance in the A, so really hoping that this works out for him.
I'm a Jet fan first and have only watched one game with Saps in, so dunno if you want my perspective or not

But, I thought he fit in quite well. I think he'll be playing on the IceCaps next season, question is: will it be on an ELC or an AHL contract?

garret9 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 12:07 PM
  #643
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
Has anyone heard if Lowry will be in the line up on Friday night?

Zhamnov10 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 06:34 PM
  #644
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,835
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
Has anyone heard if Lowry will be in the line up on Friday night?
Doubtful but we're hoping so.

edit - he's listed on the scoresheet

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 06:45 PM
  #645
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,835
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
St. John's IceCaps 2 - Toronto Marlies 3
Last Updated: Final OT

Game Summary: http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1010895

Scoring Summary

1. STJ Mouillierat, (10) (O'Dell, Lunden), 3:43
1. TOR Lasch, (3) (Abbott, Holzer), 9:33 (PP)
2. TOR Blacker, (4) , 5:24
2. STJ O'Dell, (26) (Mouillierat, Chiarot), 12:50
OT. TOR Scott, (10) (Zigomanis), 2:20


Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 04-05-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 07:00 PM
  #646
You Like Boyce
Registered User
 
You Like Boyce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Leafs fan here saying I need more Randy Pearcey in my life. Both of them are great but that man is a legend.

You Like Boyce is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 07:05 PM
  #647
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,835
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by You Like Boyce View Post
Leafs fan here saying I need more Randy Pearcey in my life. Both of them are great but that man is a legend.
I'm cracking up every couple minutes listening to them.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 07:06 PM
  #648
ahplk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Lowry is playing.

ahplk is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 07:08 PM
  #649
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,835
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 07:08 PM
  #650
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,636
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I'm cracking up every couple minutes listening to them.
"When I was refereeing I used ta say to the boys, we don't want these stoppages in play, and neither do the 6,200 people here!!!"


Gump Hasek is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.