HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Metro Seattle: NHL, NBA and Arena - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstommylee View Post
If Kehriotis wanted that 7% then why didn't he make a bid for it?
If Hansen had until April 1st, why did he bid so early and so low? Why would John get in a bidding war with Hansen?

This will be matched.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:53 PM
gstommylee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
If Hansen had until April 1st, why did he bid so early and so low? Why would John get in a bidding war with Hansen?

This will be matched.
why would John waste money if the team is still gonna end up moving anyways?

Old
03-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
why would John waste money if the team is still gonna end up moving anyways?
Brilliant argument.

By matching it and keeping Hansen out of the minority ownership group it gives Hansen less of an advantage on April 3 and the 18th and 19th. Plus, Kehoritis said he wanted to buy the team but was never given an opportunity. He will match this whether you like it or not.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Brilliant argument.

By matching it and keeping Hansen out of the minority ownership group it gives Hansen less of an advantage on April 3 and the 18th and 19th. Plus, Kehoritis said he wanted to buy the team but was never given an opportunity. He will match this whether you like it or not.
We do not know if Kehoritis wants to match.

In it end it only matters if NBA says no to the 65% sales agreement of the team.

If Kehoritis wanted to buy team then he shouldn't be targeting that 7% it should be aiming for that 65% and here's the thing Maloofs don't have to sell locally.

Last edited by gstommylee: 03-27-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
gstommylee

chris Daniels of king5 just mention on KJR softy that he heard the sac offer was 125m short of 525m

Old
03-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
We do not know if Kehoritis wants to match.

In it end it only matters if NBA says no to the 65% sales agreement of the team.

If Kehoritis wanted to buy team then he shouldn't be targeting that 7% it should be aiming for that 65% and here's the thing Maloofs don't have to sell locally.
Once again, the Maloof's never gave him or any other potential local buyer the chance.

Quote:
chris Daniels of king5 just mention on KJR softy that he heard the sac offer was 125m short of 525m
Which offer is this? The old one? Or the one that hasn't been submitted yet?

Old
03-27-2013, 06:51 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Once again, the Maloof's never gave him or any other potential local buyer the chance.

Which offer is this? The old one? Or the one that hasn't been submitted yet?
The one that mastrov got called out in public by stern.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:54 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Whats stopping him from ROFR the 65%? Perhaps he doesn't have the money to do so. The fact that he is making his own bid with some overseas person to cover the cost of the arena for 100% privately funded plan. He's not using ROFR perhaps he can't use it or he doesn't have it.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
The one that mastrov got called out in public by stern.
That's why KJ and co added Ranadive and Jacobs.

You probably won't hear anything about their new offer until they have the meeting on April 3rd.

Quote:
Whats stopping him from ROFR the 65%? Perhaps he doesn't have the money to do so. The fact that he is making his own bid with some overseas person to cover the cost of the arena for 100% privately funded plan. He's not using ROFR perhaps he can't use it or he doesn't have it.
I couldn't tell you.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:18 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
That's why KJ and co added Ranadive and Jacobs.

You probably won't hear anything about their new offer until they have the meeting on April 3rd.
They can add as many whales as they want it doesn't make their new offer any better than Hansen especially when it comes to their net worth.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
They can add as many whales as they want it doesn't make their new offer any better than Hansen especially when it comes to their net worth.
They haven't made one yet. How do you know it won't be better? KJ said that they were willing to spend a billion to keep the team here. That remains to be seen, of course.

Can't wait until April 3rd.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:43 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
They haven't made one yet. How do you know it won't be better? KJ said that they were willing to spend a billion to keep the team here. That remains to be seen, of course.

Can't wait until April 3rd.
Question if they do match the 525m how can they actually pencil it out. Is the team really worth 525m in sacramento? If NBA said no to seattle and maloofs took that offer from sacramento's group do they have enough finances to operate the team.

If mastrov didn't have enough, are the two new investors any different than mastrov?

Old
03-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Question if they do match the 525m how can they actually pencil it out. Is the team really worth 525m in sacramento? If NBA said no to seattle and maloofs took that offer from sacramento's group do they have enough finances to operate the team.
I would think that for the Seattle deal to get voted down, the Sacramento one would have to meet the NBA's standards.

Quote:
If mastrov didn't have enough, are the two new investors any different than mastrov?
Jacobs is the CEO of Qualcomm and Ranadive is a software tycoon from silicon valley. Both have deep pocketbooks.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:56 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
I would think that for the Seattle deal to get voted down, the Sacramento one would have to meet the NBA's standards.

Jacobs is the CEO of Qualcomm and Ranadive is a software tycoon from silicon valley. Both have deep pocketbooks.
Its more than meeting NBA standards they would need to show the NBA that Sacramento is a better market for the NBA to have instead of Seattle.

I just don't see that possible.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:59 PM
maruk14

Quote:
Brilliant argument.

Not sure what Kehoritis gains from owning a little bit more (still a minority) share of the Kings if his intention is to keep them in Sac somehow).

Now, an astute business might know those shares are worth more by a team located in Seattle and buy low but if the hope is to keep the Kings this is not the angle.

Also - you could make the argument the "Whales" could have shown the NBA their seriousness by bidding and winning this share in advance of the 4/3 meeting ... instead, they didn't bother to bid.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Undertakerqc

Interesting info: Darren Dreger just said on the Habs game on TSN that there is a good chance the Coyotes move, and that the most likely destination is Québec City. He said Key Arena is not suitable for NHL hockey. So Seattle wont get the Coyotes if they move this year.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:41 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Interesting info: Darren Dreger just said on the Habs game on TSN that there is a good chance the Coyotes move, and that the most likely destination is Québec City. He said Key Arena is not suitable for NHL hockey. So Seattle wont get the Coyotes if they move this year.
That's his opinion. Quebec in the most western division where the new alignment is suppose to improve travel costs does not make sense.

It all matters what does the NHL want.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Ugmo

Quote:
That's his opinion. Quebec in the most western division where the new alignment is suppose to improve travel costs does not make sense.
Playing in an unsuitable arena for several years as the fourth or fifth game in town makes even less sense, no?

As usual in this saga, wherever each one of us would prefer to see the Coyotes move to is what we consider to make the most sense.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:57 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
He specifically mentioned Kansas City as well, apparently, and that would be a fairly easy realignment as they would just to boot the Avalanche to the Pacific.

That being said..... nothing we've heard has ever indicated that they're anywhere near having a ready ownership group, so I have a hard time imagining something that massive forming in secrecy.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:00 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
Playing in an unsuitable arena for several years as the fourth or fifth game in town makes even less sense, no?

As usual in this saga, wherever each one of us would prefer to see the Coyotes move to is what we consider to make the most sense.
And Levin (if he is ends up being seattle owner) said he was fine with Key arena. It all matters on who the owner is to be of Seattle's NHL team.

NHL has played in far worse arenas than Key.

Only reason why there is been no mention cause there is nothing to discuss until it is a guarantee that the arena will be built hence all eyes on the NBA sacramento sale to Hansen's group.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Mightygoose
I Am Groot

vCash: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
He specifically mentioned Kansas City as well, apparently, and that would be a fairly easy realignment as they would just to boot the Avalanche to the Pacific.

That being said..... nothing we've heard has ever indicated that they're anywhere near having a ready ownership group, so I have a hard time imagining something that massive forming in secrecy.
He mentioned KC wanted a 15 year agreement but do mention if that means an ownership group or if it's on the city' wish list.

Who knows sometimes KC is just trown out there since they have a ready made building so it only 'looks' obvious

Old
03-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Guyle Fielder Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
This isn't what he said. He said that Key Arena was not ready for NHL hockey, and may not be ready. Both of which are true, but could possibly be remedied in time.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Acesolid
The Illusive Bettman

Quote:

It all matters what does the NHL want.
But here's the thing: on these things Dreger has no opinion. He's the Mouth of Sauron...... I mean the Mouth of the NHL (something much more evil).

But still, we'll see.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:49 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyle Fielder Rules View Post
This isn't what he said. He said that Key Arena was not ready for NHL hockey, and may not be ready. Both of which are true, but could possibly be remedied in time.
There is suppose to be a key arena related document coming out next month in preparations for sonics returning for the 13-14 season. May have something regarding NHL in it.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
There is suppose to be a key arena related document coming out next month in preparations for sonics returning for the 13-14 season. May have something regarding NHL in it.
So who's the owner for the new Seattle NHL team? Any confirmed group. Before any of the latest relocations, we all knew the suitors for that city.

Closed Thread