HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors Thread Part 5: NYR Interested in Boyle, Gaborik Available (MOD: READ OP)

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 10:24 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Got a clue? I think I have a pretty damn good idea about this team and the game. Obviously he plays RW. I'm well aware. But at this point if anyone is going to consider Clowe with zero goals this season I'd rather have Jagr here at RW and Callahan playing out of position at LW. Callahan would produce more than Clowe as a LWer. Just a joke if we acquire Clowe. Give me anyone else but Clowe. I'm sick of the obsession with Clowe.
Clowe would be a retarded pickup. But since people want Clowe (who clearly are going off rep and not his play) you counter with getting Jagr? A move that doesn't make sense either?

Ott at the right price. Maybe Torres if he comes cheap. A rental d-man. Other than that, just go to war with what we've got.

No reason to waste assets on Jagr, Clowe, Boyle (who would be a travesty with his contract next season) etc. People on here want to make moves for the sake of making them. It's a sellers market with not many teams selling this year (due to the congested standings). Don't mortgage good pieces of the future for the now.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:28 PM
LetterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
What would Boston be giving up for Iginla?
Bob McKenzie believes it's Khokhlachev, Bartkowski and a first

Old
03-27-2013, 10:31 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Brennan Klak @nhlupdate
Sounds like NYR are interested in Ryane Clowe, not sure if they would pay the asking price though

03-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Brennan Klak @nhlupdate
Sounds like NYR are interested in Ryane Clowe, not sure if they would pay the asking price though

Please, no.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post

Please, no.
if Brian Boyle is involved, i wouldnt mind at all as long as no top prospects are involved.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Isn't that guy not a legit source on this site?

Old
03-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
I think it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyways, the asking price now may not be the asking price next week. I remember when Burke declared he wanted a first for Antropov only to trade him to New York for a 2nd.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:35 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Please yes...Boyle and a 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post

Please, no.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Klak said the Sharks want a first and a prospect for Clowe. Yes, because teams are lining up to give the Sharks their first rounder for a 30 year old, injured player with no goals on the season...

Old
03-27-2013, 10:39 PM
LetterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
Bob McKenzie believes it's Khokhlachev, Bartkowski and a first
The Flames-Avs game on TSN, Feaster just left the press box and walked to his office. Announcers also said it's expected that an announcement will come out of Boston shortly re Iginla

Old
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Isn't that guy not a legit source on this site?
@NHLUpdate is as legit as it gets.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

You guys have all hated every move we've been rumored to make this year. You'd think with the team underperforming and all you'd be more open to changes.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:42 PM
LetterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
You guys have all hated every move we've been rumored to make this year. You'd think with the team underperforming and all you'd be more open to changes.
It's not the move, it's the cost. I'm ok with acquiring Clowe, IF the price is McColgan and a second (preferably 2014)...no more than that

Old
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Doesn't mean overpaying!

Old
ecemleafs

Quote:
its just that rumored asking prices have been just awful for buyers. i wudnt mind giving up a 2nd rounder for clowe, maybe a B prospect as well like st croix if the rangers really feel clowe can pick up his game and contribute. i still think we are a team that can compete with the cup if our guys play to their ability.

Old
TheRightWay

Quote:
You know how it is. Everyone wants to acquire Datsyuk while giving up Boyle, Ryan Bourque, and a 5th.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

There's no shot we dont make a move especially for Clowe, were in the race for the playoffs I can't imagine Sather not doing anything. My gut tells me Clowe will be a Ranger within a week.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:43 PM
UAGoalieGuy

I'd take Close for the right price. Would shore up the third line.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:44 PM
mike14

Quote:
Because it seems to be change for the sake of change. Yeah the team is under-performing, but all these rumours and suggestions aren't for guys that will really make a difference, it's just shipping out our deadwood for their deadwood. We don't have the assets to trade for a difference maker, so there's no need for a trade.

Bide your time until next trade deadline when the team has had a pre-season together, the young guys have had another season to prove their worth and there might actually be some useful guys avilable

Old
03-27-2013, 10:44 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
The team has underperformed because we can't score. I'm all for changes, but bringing in a guy who has 0 goals, doesn't really make sense.

I get wanting more grit, but we should go hard after Ott/Torres if that's the case.

I also think the team looks completely different with a rejuvenated Kreider, Asham and Newbury in the lineup. Zucc will be in tomorrow as well. Lots of changes.

Clowe wouldn't do anything for this team.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
The team has underperformed because we can't score. I'm all for changes, but bringing in a guy who has 0 goals, doesn't really make sense.

I get wanting more grit, but we should go hard after Ott/Torres if that's the case.

I also think the team looks completely different with a rejuvenated Kreider, Asham and Newbury in the lineup. Zucc will be in tomorrow as well. Lots of changes.

Clowe wouldn't do anything for this team.
if Sather ends up with Clowe and one of Ott or Torres or both, i wouldnt mind.. what soft team has ever gone far in the playoffs dont say Red Wings, cause they had McCarty Drapper Holmstrom in years past..

Old
03-27-2013, 10:49 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

The Clowe hate is pretty astounding. The guy has scored 40-60 points in each of the last four years. Yeah, he's having a rough season, but so is that entire team after starting out the first 10 games completely on fire. I watch a lot of late games on Center Ice and there's not a team in the league that couldn't find a spot for this guy on their roster. Boyle and a 2nd, or something like that, and sign me up.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
The Clowe hate is pretty astounding. The guy has scored 40-60 points in each of the last four years. Yeah, he's having a rough season, but so is that entire team after starting out the first 10 games completely on fire. I watch a lot of late games on Center Ice and there's not a team in the league that couldn't find a spot for this guy on their roster. Boyle and a 2nd, or something like that, and sign me up.
Sharks my 3rd favorite team after Rangers of course and 2ed is the Blackhawks since the JR Amonte days...i dont get it either.. some fans hate Clowe so much but rather keep Brian Boyle.. are you kidding me

Old
03-27-2013, 10:53 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
if Sather ends up with Clowe and one of Ott or Torres or both, i wouldnt mind.. what soft team has ever gone far in the playoffs dont say Red Wings, cause they had McCarty Drapper Holmstrom in years past..
I'm with you, and would take any of those guys, at the right price. Easier said than done to be sure.

03-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Clowe at right price = YES!
Clowe at overpayment = NO!

I think that's pretty much the sentiment, let's work off of that

Closed Thread