HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 09:25 PM
MattM92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
Not looking so bright in the Cuse. Another one goal loss. This team is not ready for the playoffs with the current roster. As the Bolts are going to make a late season run and keep the call ups (of course that is what they should do!), the Crunch are going to start to sink in the standings unless they get some goal scoring and pronto. Although the Crunch are getting a ton of shots, many of them have been right on the goalie of late, making for a great save percentage for the opposing net minder. Too many passers and not enuff finishers may doom this team to a one and done in the post season. There may be light at the end of the tunnel if the Bolts dont make a serious run at the post season, but without the players that have been called up Coach Zettler is going with one line around Connoly and three others made up of players more suited for third and fourth line duties.
I realize we are the farm team, but I needed to vent. Sometimes the color I wear on my sleeves get in the way of my better judgement.
It's nearly impossible for the Bolts to make the playoffs at this point. Have to win something around 11 of our last 15 and hope for some help too. Just too many teams to pass to be truly optimistic. Expect Palat, Panik, Johnson to be back down by the end of our season. Gudas, Conacher, and Killorn are doubtful.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
It's nearly impossible for the Bolts to make the playoffs at this point. Have to win something around 11 of our last 15 and hope for some help too. Just too many teams to pass to be truly optimistic. Expect Palat, Panik, Johnson to be back down by the end of our season. Gudas, Conacher, and Killorn are doubtful.
Are you doubting the king of all coaches? The man said that he's coming to Tampa to make the playoffs.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
crunchrulz

Not expecting Aulie and Labrie back, was hoping for the others though. Not sure going without Gudas, Killorn, and Conacher is going to leave enough for this team to repeat. Oh well, "hazards" of living on the farm. At least we get to say "Remeber when". LOL

Old
03-27-2013, 11:05 PM
I Am Beat You

Syracuse dominated Rochester. Nine times out of ten they come away with at least a point in a game like that.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:26 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Beat You View Post
Syracuse dominated Rochester. Nine times out of ten they come away with at least a point in a game like that.
Agreed. In a playoff format (even the first round of 5 games) Crunch still take it. Nothing to be too concerned with at the moment.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

I wonder if we'll see Nagle start any games.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:24 AM
crunchrulz

It pains me greatly to type this, but as far as won/loss record goes, the Amerks have owned the Crunch this season. The Crunch are a road team, no doubting that if you look at the overall record. The first round is a best of five, so anything can and has happened. Run into a hot goalie and it is one and done for the post season. Depending on who comes back down and when will dictate how the Crunch approach the post season. I feel Gudas, Conacher, and Killorn HAVE to be part of that push for the team to play decent hockey. Scoring right now is sparodic at best, regardless of who is behind the bench. It was spotty the last few weeks under Cooper, and was that way again last night.
I hope they prove me wrong, but I am not feeling very comfortable about the upcoming post season right now.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Not expecting Aulie and Labrie back, was hoping for the others though. Not sure going without Gudas, Killorn, and Conacher is going to leave enough for this team to repeat. Oh well, "hazards" of living on the farm. At least we get to say "Remeber when". LOL
Do the AHL rosters have to be set by a certain time? I don't see why we couldn't send them back down for the playoffs.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Do the AHL rosters have to be set by a certain time? I don't see why we couldn't send them back down for the playoffs.
I don't see Yzerman sending Conacher, Killorn or Gudas down since they are considered NHL players. Johnson, Palat, and Panik look ready too but they are guys filling in right now, so I see them getting sent down once our season ends

Old
03-28-2013, 01:49 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
You're getting other kids very shortly, relax, its one game.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:37 PM
I Am Beat You

I like this Carl Nielsen guy. Hopefully he can make it as a big, tough winger. From what I've seen, he's a pretty good scrapper.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but there was news out of Slovakia this past week about the Lightning being interested in bringing Janus back.

English language summary of it: http://velvethockey.blogspot.co.uk/2...lightning.html

Old
03-28-2013, 07:39 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Yep, we caught wind of it a few days ago, no surprise really.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Jacko95

Tanner RIchard is out of the playoffs and is free to sign now.

Blujus is out as well, do you see him getting a tryout for the playoffs?
Paquette has won his series with BLB and Sergeev leads 3-2 against PEI

Old
03-29-2013, 09:47 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Tanner RIchard is out of the playoffs and is free to sign now.

Blujus is out as well, do you see him getting a tryout for the playoffs?
Paquette has won his series with BLB and Sergeev leads 3-2 against PEI
Defense right now is

Barberio
Cote
Korobov
Taormina
Oberg
Nightingale
Mikkelson
Lee

Sustr might get sent down too, so I'm not sure there's a need to bring in Blujus. Witkowski is older and more developed too, so if they do bring in another defenseman, it'll be him first.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:24 AM
crunchrulz

Another one goal loss, this time blowing a third period 4-1 lead. The only thing Riku is consistent at is being inconsistent. He should be more than an AHL backup at this stage. 0 fer 18 on the power play last four games. Not sure which way to look but the Crunch are no longer in first in the East.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:15 AM
InjuredChoker

Well they have lost many big players for big club.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:06 AM
IdealisticSniper

Syracuse should be getting Richard soon. Kucherov is eligible as well isn't he? That should help. And CDJ I would assume will be back for the playoffs. Not to mention Panik and either Palat or Johnson should be back too when Vinny and Malone are back.

Just remember doesn't matter what seed you are in the playoffs. And they only need 2 points to clinch a spot.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:26 AM
crunchrulz

Believe me, I know where the Crunch are regarding the playoffs. I also know that without some of the players you are mentioning wont be back, this team is does not have the talent to repeat. Players have been put in positions to step up, and have failed. I realize the Crunch are the farm team as well. Our responsibility is to keep healthy and trained bodies heading to Tampa. SFY says his goal is to have the group at the AHL level be able to dress enough talent to repeat. Without all the eligible bodies returning to Syracuse who dont have to worry about waivers, that will be tough.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Believe me, I know where the Crunch are regarding the playoffs. I also know that without some of the players you are mentioning wont be back, this team is does not have the talent to repeat. Players have been put in positions to step up, and have failed. I realize the Crunch are the farm team as well. Our responsibility is to keep healthy and trained bodies heading to Tampa. SFY says his goal is to have the group at the AHL level be able to dress enough talent to repeat. Without all the eligible bodies returning to Syracuse who dont have to worry about waivers, that will be tough.
Can we please stop looking in a deep black hole? I think, even without all those guys, they would still be a playoff team (but more likely 6th to 8th seed). And expect some off them to come back and play even better, so they can still get hot again and do some magic, but I agree a repeat seems a little less likely.

Will be interesting to see what SY makes with all those defenders:
Hedman, Salo, Carle, Brewer, Aulie, Gudas, Barberio, Korobov, Lee, Sustr, Sergeev, Landry and Milan are all already signed and Witkowski will join that group and maybe Nesterov as well.

How is Gauthier doing?? Any chance he could be NHL material at some point?

Old
03-30-2013, 11:01 AM
zeykshade

Gauthier is not NHL material at this point. He's still a project, quite a ways off imo. His skating is nowhere near where it needs to be for the NHL.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:31 PM
crunchrulz

I like Gauthier. Has size, skates decent for the AHL, not afraid to go in traffic or stick up for teamates. As Zey says, at least two years away from the NHL talent wise.
There is no doubt they are a playoff team. What may be a disappointment is where they are seeded.
Will do my best to stop looking into the "deep black hole", but a few more one goal losses due to inconsistent goaltending and I may not just look in; I may just jump in as well.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:24 PM
MattM92

Quote:
I like Gauthier. Has size, skates decent for the AHL, not afraid to go in traffic or stick up for teamates. As Zey says, at least two years away from the NHL talent wise.
There is no doubt they are a playoff team. What may be a disappointment is where they are seeded.
Will do my best to stop looking into the "deep black hole", but a few more one goal losses due to inconsistent goaltending and I may not just look in; I may just jump in as well.
Hopefully you get Richard soon along with Witkowski. Maybe even Kucherov and Sergeev once their seasons are done.

Old
03-30-2013, 05:12 PM
TBLHoser

From my understanding SFY said in his statement regarding the hiring of Cooper that he wasn't going to leave Syracuse shorthanded when the AHL playoffs come around. I would expect that they would be sending back those that they can afford to go back as soon as the Lightning know if they're in or out of the playoff mix.

With the Crunch only having 9 games left and the Lightning having 14 I'm not sure who they'd send down....perhaps they'll send down some of the big names early and give some of the lesser players time in the NHL? Guess it all depends when the AHL playoffs officially start. I can't see them stocking the Syracuse roster with players from the CHL etc. They usually do get called up but seldom play.

Old
03-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
From my understanding SFY said in his statement regarding the hiring of Cooper that he wasn't going to leave Syracuse shorthanded when the AHL playoffs come around. I would expect that they would be sending back those that they can afford to go back as soon as the Lightning know if they're in or out of the playoff mix.

With the Crunch only having 9 games left and the Lightning having 14 I'm not sure who they'd send down....perhaps they'll send down some of the big names early and give some of the lesser players time in the NHL? Guess it all depends when the AHL playoffs officially start. I can't see them stocking the Syracuse roster with players from the CHL etc. They usually do get called up but seldom play.
The real concern will be if Tampa does make the playoffs. No way does SFY send down players. His job relies on the success of the big club more than Syracuse.

Closed Thread