HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL talk Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 10:18 PM
  #151
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,891
vCash: 500
The main boards have been quick to say Boudreau has vindicated himself. I don't see how he has. He's already proven he can be a great regular season coach. Where he falls apart is in the playoffs; nonexistent game planning and less ability to adjust than Lavi, unless mixing up all your lines at random to see if something might stick counts as "adjusting." Let's see him take a talented team deep into the playoffs before proclaiming his greatness.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:24 PM
  #152
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,438
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The main boards have been quick to say Boudreau has vindicated himself. I don't see how he has. He's already proven he can be a great regular season coach. Where he falls apart is in the playoffs; nonexistent game planning and less ability to adjust than Lavi, unless mixing up all your lines at random to see if something might stick counts as "adjusting." Let's see him take a talented team deep into the playoffs before proclaiming his greatness.
Just wait until the Ducks terrible Fenwick percentages catch up to them in the playoffs, and Boudreau is dubbed a playoff choking coach again.

GKJ is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:28 PM
  #153
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Just wait until the Ducks terrible Fenwick percentages catch up to them in the playoffs, and Boudreau is dubbed a playoff choking coach again.
I haven't even looked at their stats. That's interesting to hear.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
  #154
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,485
vCash: 500
Montreal wins in the SO, after 5 rounds of shutout by both goalies.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
  #155
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
Wow. What a game.

The Couturier Effect is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:35 PM
  #156
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Montreal wins in the SO, after 5 rounds of shutout by both goalies.
Goalies were stealing the show there. I wasn't really impressed with Boston's shooters. Montreal's at least made Rask earn those saves.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:38 PM
  #157
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Goalies were stealing the show there. I wasn't really impressed with Boston's shooters. Montreal's at least made Rask earn those saves.
I agree. The Bruins shooters made it way too easy for Budaj. I do like Rask's SO strategy: way out of the net and retreats quickly, relying on his great flexibility. The straight-ahead angle shows how well he covers the net.

Wow, I didn't know the Canadiens (actually Chara) scored with 8 seconds left to tie it!

BernieParent is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:44 PM
  #158
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,810
vCash: 1010
The Heat are about to lose so hopefully the Flyers streak has repelled another possible suitor.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:47 PM
  #159
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
The Heat are about to lose so hopefully the Flyers streak has repelled another possible suitor.
Good.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:48 PM
  #160
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
The Heat are about to lose so hopefully the Flyers streak has repelled another possible suitor.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:49 PM
  #161
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,344
vCash: 500
The trade board is falling apart, Iginla style

kudymen is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:09 PM
  #162
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
lol Rask fell when he slammed his stick into the boards after he let in the SO winner.



Last edited by The Couturier Effect: 03-27-2013 at 11:18 PM.
The Couturier Effect is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:20 AM
  #163
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
@TSNBobMcKenzie

Quote:
.@aaronward_nhl is reporting Jarome Iginla to BOS is done.
EDIT: Nevermind...I'm really confused.


Last edited by The Couturier Effect: 03-28-2013 at 01:38 AM.
The Couturier Effect is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:23 AM
  #164
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,891
vCash: 500
I think that would make a Boston-Chicago Finals the most likely option.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 AM
  #165
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,833
vCash: 500
I'm hoping Fleury reverts back to a funnel in the playoffs again just for the lulz.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 AM
  #166
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Apparently the first round pick in the deal is conditional as well, based on if Iginla resigns. That is a pretty crappy return for likely the biggest piece to move around the deadline. Or Feaster is just hellbent on Calgary always being mediocre.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 AM
  #167
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm hoping Fleury reverts back to a funnel in the playoffs again just for the lulz.
He's definitely their biggest question mark. If he plays like 09 Fleury, they might have another cup at the end of it. If he plays like last year Fleury, they could be out in the second round.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:33 AM
  #168
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
He's definitely their biggest question mark. If he plays like 09 Fleury, they might have another cup at the end of it. If he plays like last year Fleury, they could be out in the second round.
His stats have been trending downward in the playoffs ever since he broke into the league. I was looking at them yesterday. He was way better statistically the year they lost the cup compared to when they won it.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:36 AM
  #169
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Apparently the first round pick in the deal is conditional as well, based on if Iginla resigns. That is a pretty crappy return for likely the biggest piece to move around the deadline. Or Feaster is just hellbent on Calgary always being mediocre.
Pretty much. Shero drove the market price up earlier this week and Fester just drove it back down with this trade. Not like it actually matters though. I'm sure whatever player we're thinking about trading will get hurt anyway.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:37 AM
  #170
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Colorado down 4-3 on the power play hopefully they can tie and send it to overtime

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:38 AM
  #171
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think that would make a Boston-Chicago Finals the most likely option.
Man, who the hell do I root for in that series!?!?

The Couturier Effect is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:44 AM
  #172
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
His stats have been trending downward in the playoffs ever since he broke into the league. I was looking at them yesterday. He was way better statistically the year they lost the cup compared to when they won it.
Oh yeah. Fleury was at a top five level in 2008 and probably 2009. Now you would be hard pressed to put him in the top fifteen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Pretty much. Shero drove the market price up earlier this week and Fester just drove it back down with this trade. Not like it actually matters though. I'm sure whatever player we're thinking about trading will get hurt anyway.
Yeah. Whatever sellers market that started to form after Shero's moves was just brought back down to earth after this. It'll be interesting to see what J-Bo gets if the rumors are true that they're shopping him. Realistically though, there were only two guys that were likely to be moved from the Flyers, Briere and Mez. Since both are hurt, I doubt they do anything at this point.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:19 AM
  #173
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,523
vCash: 50
I wonder what Holmgren would have given up for Iginla bidding against himself. Because thats what Boston was doing.
Laughton, Cousins 2013 st, 2014 1st and a conditional 3rd in 2014?
sounds about right

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:30 AM
  #174
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,587
vCash: 50
He's a Penguin not a Bruin

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:35 AM
  #175
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
He's a Penguin not a Bruin

Dreamteam.


Somebody quote Vince Young.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.