HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 10:46 PM
SLarmer28

vCash: 500
Latest speculation according to the NHL Network:

To Calgary
2013 1st Round Draft Pick
Khokhlachev
Bartkowski

To Boston
Iginla

Old
03-27-2013, 10:52 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksRule7 View Post
Geez, Bowman is a real snooze-fest-of-a-GM.
Trading Cam Barker for Kim Johnsson and Nick Leddy was such a snooze fest.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Kochlachev is a very good prospect. 29 GMs out of 30 would take him over McNeill and the 30th GM wouldn't admit it because he drafted him. I'm not familiar with Caron and Bartkowski but Pirri and Olsen are certainly not GradeA prospects or even close to it.
Brandon Pirri is better than Khokhlachev, and McNeill will more than likely be a better NHLer than Brandon Pirri.

Khokhalchev's pure offense and he's not very big. Most GMs would take McNeill. Way more risk invovled with Koko.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:11 PM
HawksRule7
Fehr the Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Trading Cam Barker for Kim Johnsson and Nick Leddy was such a snooze fest.
That was an excellent move, but it's not at all what I'm referring to. I'm talking about a big move that makes us better RIGHT NOW in our quest for the Cup in 2013.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:15 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
That was an excellent move, but it's not at all what I'm referring to. I'm talking about a big move that makes us better RIGHT NOW in our quest for the Cup in 2013.
I get people don't like to hear it, but Chicago's at the top of the standings as is. If Bowman doesn't think a move is going to have the desired effect vs. what he'd have to give up, he has no reason to pull the trigger.

I've maintained and will continue to that Bowman is actively trying to improve the team. With all the rumors, there has to be something there. But, again, when the team has been outstanding, why mess with what's been working?

People flipped their **** in 2010 when Kim Johnsson was the only move, and he didn't even play a game during the Cup run.

Chicago's an excellent team right now. If Bowman can make a move to improve us now, than great. If he can't, I don't get what the big problem is. This isn't NHL13.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:21 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I get people don't like to hear it, but Chicago's at the top of the standings as is. If Bowman doesn't think a move is going to have the desired effect vs. what he'd have to give up, he has no reason to pull the trigger.

I've maintained and will continue to that Bowman is actively trying to improve the team. With all the rumors, there has to be something there. But, again, when the team has been outstanding, why mess with what's been working?

People flipped their **** in 2010 when Kim Johnsson was the only move, and he didn't even play a game during the Cup run.

Chicago's an excellent team right now. If Bowman can make a move to improve us now, than great. If he can't, I don't get what the big problem is. This isn't NHL13.
Trading Barker was the definition of addition by subtraction. He was awful in the games he played that year. Getting something significant back for him is just gravy.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:29 PM
HawksRule7
Fehr the Reaper

Quote:

Yeah, it was Nick Boynton who did more for the cause that year.

I get what you're saying, but despite how good the Hawks are, there are a couple of issues that if addressed certainly aren't going to hurt the cause. Bolland needs to move back to the 3rd line. He's not a good fit with the awesomeness of Patrick Kane right now (think how even better he could be with a real fit at 2C). I just think when you're this close, why not go for broke? Now that doesn't mean a guy like Saad should be available, but guys like Pirri, Morin and McNeill definitely should be.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:34 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
*sigh* I wish I still got NHL Network.

I think that Boston gets him at this point. I'm pretty much sure of that. If not, then it falls to us, and then LA. Definitely not Pittsburgh. But almost certainly Boston.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:02 AM
SLarmer28

Quote:
How did Chris Campoli for 2011 2nd round draft pick work out?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:14 AM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Trade Jimmy Hayes + Kevin Hayes + Dave Bolland to the Florida Panthers for Marcel Goc + Shawn Matthias + Quinton Howden

I despised the Kevin Hayes 2010 first round draft selection and was hoping the Chicago Blackhawks selected Quinton Howden.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
ndgt10

It's official. Iginla to Boston. Helluva move by the B's. No team will be beating either of them in playoffs until they play each other. Boston and Pitt winner wins the cup imo.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Iginla isn't that good anymore..

Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
It's official. Iginla to Boston. Helluva move by the B's. No team will be beating either of them in playoffs until they play each other. Boston and Pitt winner wins the cup imo.
And that's why they play the games!

This isn't the NBA, anything can happen.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 AM
Cullksinikers

We need a center.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 AM
HawksRule7
Fehr the Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
How did Chris Campoli for 2011 2nd round draft pick work out?
Uh, that's my point. No "WOW" or "going for it right now" vibe on either deal you mentioned, no matter how much value they hold for the future.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:35 AM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
We need a center.
Thanks for that enlightenment.

I don't think we lost out on too much by losing the 'Iginla sweepstakes.' Helluva sweepstakes, though, to be a part of.

I think our next step is going after a true second-line center. I'm not entirely sure who, but there's bound to be an acceptable person to slot into the top-six center role. I'm not bashing on Bolland near as much as other people do, or at least as they seem to do, but I don't believe he's the answer on the second line.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
Thanks for that enlightenment.

I don't think we lost out on too much by losing the 'Iginla sweepstakes.' Helluva sweepstakes, though, to be a part of.

I think our next step is going after a true second-line center. I'm not entirely sure who, but there's bound to be an acceptable person to slot into the top-six center role. I'm not bashing on Bolland near as much as other people do, or at least as they seem to do, but I don't believe he's the answer on the second line.
OK, oh so wise one.

I am saying I am not sad about not landing Iginla's services due to the fact he isn't a center and would not play his natural wing spot in the top-six. We need a center, not another winger.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:39 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Iginla isn't that good anymore..
He'll be a lot better when he's playing with any combo of Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Lucic, Horton, Krecji. Iggy is older but he's going to do well in Boston. Especially in the playoffs.

I'll be rooting for Boston all the way in the playoffs, now more than ever

Old
03-28-2013, 12:44 AM
HawksRule7
Fehr the Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
He'll be a lot better when he's playing with any combo of Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Lucic, Horton, Krecji. Iggy is older but he's going to do well in Boston. Especially in the playoffs.

I'll be rooting for Boston all the way in the playoffs, now more than ever
Eww, just the thought of rooting for Boston teams has always made me feel... wrong.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:08 AM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

Quote:
Eww, just the thought of rooting for Boston teams has always made me feel... wrong.
Boston sports teams/fans are just a small step above Philadelphia's.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:19 AM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
OK, oh so wise one.

I am saying I am not sad about not landing Iginla's services due to the fact he isn't a center and would not play his natural wing spot in the top-six. We need a center, not another winger.
Well, elaborate a little more on the subject you happen to be speaking of other than just saying plainly, "We need a center." Of course the team bollocking needs a center, if you don't make the connection then nobody's going to get your point.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Any more pressure on Bowman now that the Pens have acquire Iggy?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:42 AM
chico_hawk

Quote:
It wouldn't take that much, IMO. I know people always point to it, but it's no different than any other UFA-to-be being traded at the deadline. They never bring in as much as what's expected, and most of the time, the UFA-to-be is in their prime (Hossa, Kovalchuk, etc) and that still doesn't make a difference.

Iginla, who's near the end of his career, wouldn't bring that much to Calgary (still likely a good prospect and 1st round pick, but not TT). Had they traded him 2-3 years ago however, that'd likely would have been a different story.
Pittsburgh's 1st in 2013, Hanowski (3rd round pick in 2009) & Agostino (5th rounder in 2010)...Not as much as I thought, but I'd say that's still closer to the haul i was predicting, fwiw.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Nope.

Little excuse not to make a sincere effort to acquire a #2 center, though. We'll see how it goes.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:44 AM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Don't see why there would be. The only way that effects the Hawks is if both teams make it to the cup final.

I can't believe what happened though. Boston had a done deal and then suddenly Iggy traded to Pitt. The Bruins front office must be going insane. Not only did they lose Iggy, but he went to the biggest threat to Boston in the playoffs.

Closed Thread