HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 11:55 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Monarchs win! 3-1 over the Worcester Sharks in front of a PACKED house!

Goals from LoVerde, Kolomatis, & Kozun

Linden Vey picked up an assist tonight on the Kolomatis goal and is now within 1 point of being in a tie for the league leader in points!
highlights:

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6985
Very cool for the narchs and Vey.

Hey, I got a question for you. I thought I recalled Nolan playing some center while he was in manchester, either last season or two seasons ago. Can you confirm?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:08 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Very cool for the narchs and Vey.

Hey, I got a question for you. I thought I recalled Nolan playing some center while he was in manchester, either last season or two seasons ago. Can you confirm?
Yeah he did. He's actually a natural center. It's what he was drafted as. But, of course began playing wing. Vey is the opposite was drafted as a right winger but has developed into a center

Old
03-28-2013, 12:11 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Yeah he did. He's actually a natural center. It's what he was drafted as. But, of course began playing wing. Vey is the opposite was drafted as a right winger but has developed into a center
Cool, that's what I thought. Someone on our board claims Nolan had never played center since his juniors and I just needed clarification.

Thanks again.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:26 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Vey played a ton of center prior to his draft. He was good too.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:31 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Oh yeah? I didn't see him prior to Manchester. He wasn't playing the wing very long in Manchester when they moved him to center. Obviously, he's been fantastic this season!

Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Quote:
Oh yeah? I didn't see him prior to Manchester. He wasn't playing the wing very long in Manchester when they moved him to center. Obviously, he's been fantastic this season!
Vey was Etem's center wasn't he?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Yep. I followed him a bunch prior to his draft (never thought we would pick him because he was so skinny skinny) and he was a C. When I read it was your post I had to do a double check though because you are very typically right on these things and at this time of year most of our kids become a blur to me.

I go back after the draft and check up on them but once they make the AHL I dont get to follow them too much during the season.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:42 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Vey was Etem's center wasn't he?
They both played C during the season Etem and Vey. Medicine Hat does that a bunch. He was listed as a RW but played allot of C during his years there. He did in Bantam too.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Cool, that's what I thought. Someone on our board claims Nolan had never played center since his juniors and I just needed clarification.

Thanks again.
I don't think he has played much there since juniors. He started in the ECHL and played some C there right after juniors. His first year in the AHL the Monarchs had Azevedo, Cliche, Elkins, and Zeiler playing center, with Loktionov, Schenn, and Moller filling in at C on occasion as well that year. Last yar they had Azevedo, Cliche, Paddock, Loktionov, and Czarnik. Once guys like Paddock, and Loki were gone due to roster moves was right around when Nolan and King got their call-ups. But yeah he was almost exclusively a center until he got to the AHL. His switch to wing was likely due to the glut of natural centers that the Kings had at that time.

Andreoff (one of your new faves right? ) was another guy that switched in the AHL and was drafted as a LW but has been seeing a bit of time at center in the AHL if I'm remembering lineups correctly.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:59 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I don't think he has played much there since juniors. He started in the ECHL and played some C there right after juniors. His first year in the AHL the Monarchs had Azevedo, Cliche, Elkins, and Zeiler playing center, with Loktionov, Schenn, and Moller filling in at C on occasion as well that year. Last yar they had Azevedo, Cliche, Paddock, Loktionov, and Czarnik. Once guys like Paddock, and Loki were gone due to roster moves was right around when Nolan and King got their call-ups. But yeah he was almost exclusively a center until he got to the AHL. His switch to wing was likely due to the glut of natural centers that the Kings had at that time.

Andreoff (one of your new faves right? ) was another guy that switched in the AHL and was drafted as a LW but has been seeing a bit of time at center in the AHL if I'm remembering lineups correctly.
I do love Andy. How'd you know?

Nah, regarding Nolan playing center in manch, I was just curious as to IF he had played center there, because someone from our boards claims Nolan had never played center as a professional, but I distinctly remembered him playing center a year or two ago. Just checking for clarification that's all.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:36 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
I do love Andy. How'd you know?

Nah, regarding Nolan playing center in manch, I was just curious as to IF he had played center there, because someone from our boards claims Nolan had never played center as a professional, but I distinctly remembered him playing center a year or two ago. Just checking for clarification that's all.
Morris tried Nolan at Center a few games, when he first got to Manchester.

But they had too many, Nolan played better at wing anyway.

Nolan hasn't played Center consistently since Jr's/ECHL

Never said he couldn't, he can. It would just take him time to adjust his game, which would make people angry cause of the mistakes he would make.

Last edited by damacles1156: 03-28-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Brock

What can you guys tell me about Nic Deslauriers' development this year? Is he still a potential NHL player?

Old
03-29-2013, 11:16 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
What can you guys tell me about Nic Deslauriers' development this year? Is he still a potential NHL player?
Absolutely an NHL caliber prospect. He has taken a really big step forward this year. Started off a bit shakey but has worked his way up the ladder. I would say he is ready for a call up here and there today but should be brought along a little slowly. Maybe add him as a #7 and let him see spot duty so he cam get some NHL time without having to be a go to guy.

He has come along nicely and should be in the NHL in a season or two at the outside.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Yes he is. Terrific skater, great combination of physical play and offensive flair. He has gotten better with consistency and reads in the defensive zone. He is learning to be more pationed in the AHL and is probably gonna make the NHL in the coming years (say two years).
For comparisons sake, he reminds me of Kubina, the way he plays...

Old
03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Continue here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post62708321

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Closed Thread