HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 02:09 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Thanks for the Malkin info.

With him being another year away then I bet Shero can find a way to get Iggy under the cap for another year if that is what he wants. Iggy's agent deserves all of the praise on this whole situation. Iggy is just still relevant and has all the control in where he ended up and will have the same control over his next contract.

Great Job.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:14 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I don't think he'd fit in the kings system. It's just that contending teams are trying to fill every hole and we need a top 6.
He played the trap with Guy Boucher. He can handle a defensive system and he doesn't need to be physical. Carter isn't and he's doing fine.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:18 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
He played the trap with Guy Boucher. He can handle a defensive system and he doesn't need to be physical. Carter isn't and he's doing fine.
But that's with Penner Richards and Carter. Believe it or not Penners size kept the cycle going. Toffoli Richards and Carter had no forechecking. You'd get no forechecking on the second with msl.

We are missing a talented power forward not a rover.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:19 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Feaster when asked - I don't want to use the rebuild word'
No, just call it it rebranding, sound less depressing.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:07 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

The 2nd line has been pretty bad at ES, I'm confident the Kings will do something to address that. The numbers don't lie, Carter and Richards have been dynamic on the PP, not so much at ES. They could use another player on that line, whether it's a power guy or a finesse guy it doesn't matter, they need to get that line going 5 on 5.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:09 AM
tsanuri

It actually sounds like Ward had good sources but then Iginla said he wanted to go to the Pens.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...82342844268544

Doesn't matter now, but CGY preferred deal was with BOS. The 2 teams agreed on components but w/o critical 3rd element - player approval.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:11 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
MSL would fit the team so well. Cost is high but I would pay it without a doubt. Of course Tampa would have to be interested in trading him. Now that would be hard to believe. That being said, if he was, DL would be in on that. The cap and questions about Quick this year be damned. Whatever it took would be traded, see ya to those guys. Guy is not just a good fit but the best fit, the perfect fit. Nobody else on the team and hardly anyone else in the league sees the game like him.

But I doubt that will ever happen because the guy should be a Bolt for life. Jagr would be a nice addition.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:22 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
MSL would fit the team so well. Cost is high but I would pay it without a doubt. Of course Tampa would have to be interested in trading him. Now that would be hard to believe. That being said, if he was, DL would be in on that. The cap and questions about Quick this year be damned. Whatever it took would be traded, see ya to those guys. Guy is not just a good fit but the best fit, the perfect fit. Nobody else on the team and hardly anyone else in the league sees the game like him.

But I doubt that will ever happen because the guy should be a Bolt for life. Jagr would be a nice addition.
Jagr is the guy I think would fit well into the Kings lineup.
6.4'' 230lb, good on the cycle and a terrific PP player that has the game breaking abilities...
Plus it would be a great trollolo if he won in the Stanley Cup finals vs Penguins...

Old
03-28-2013, 03:41 AM
losingsand

Iginla going to pittsburgh could actually a good thing for LA. With PIT having bigger cap problems than BOS next year, it's not outlandish to think that the kings don't make him a nice offer after this season. Considering that PIT won't have much $$ left to offer.

If it's true that Iginla listed 3 teams, (bos/pit/la). He nixed a deal to boston, so there's a part of him that does not want to go there. Sure the whole league will make their case for this UFA but if pitt doesn't win a cup, then i think he shortens his list to contenders... LA being a prime candidate

I understand the kings have cap issues as well, so we'd have to move some contracts and not re-sign a few guys but i think that DL will make a push for Iginla as i feel he is a prototypical DL type guy. Not to mention the sutter connection.

Though if PIT wins the cup, i see him going back to calgary to retire there, or quite possibly taking the money and running with another desperate canadian team somewhere.

If he signs with boston and doesn't win it there, i think it's likely that he resigns with the bruins as BOSTON and LA have similar level of cap issues... To me big picture Iginla to Pit might be play in better for LA to sign him for next season for those that really want Iginla.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I know for a fact Dean isn't content with only one Cup. However, he's not going to overpay for a potential quick fix. He's an awesome GM and it's so refreshing knowing how calculated he is. I have absolutely no worries with him at the helm.

Any ideas? As much as he gets crapped on, I love reading Eklund's posts My kinda gossip!
To be fair, Eklund has nailed a few Kings trades/rumors... He got the Stuart to Detroit trade, the Aubin to Anaheim, Richards to Kings and was heavily speculating that Carter was on the Kings radar (the last was quite obvious at the time tho).

Old
03-28-2013, 03:53 AM
TheSlovenian

Maybe Iginly will sign with the Kings if we beat Pens in SCF this season .

Old
03-28-2013, 04:02 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

I still see Boston as most likely to win the Cup from the East. And I don't see the moves Pittsburgh made pushing them over Boston.

Boston is just stacked and is capable of running teams over. That Dougie Hamilton kid is good too. Once he grows into his body and realizes how to use it he's going to be a monster. Will probably want to drop the -ie as he gets older too

Old
03-28-2013, 04:10 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
If they score 6 ****ing goals a game, gunna be hard to beat.
Those if's are what make sports fun. Remember when Colorado added Kariya and Selanne to Sakic, Forsberg, Tanguay, and Hejduk, and were going to be the 2nd coming of the Gretzky led Oilers? Hell, remember when the Kings won the Cup? You just never know what can happen.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:28 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlovenian View Post
Maybe Iginly will sign with the Kings if we beat Pens in SCF this season .
A rare hybrid between mogilny and Iginla. Iginly

Old
03-28-2013, 05:07 AM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
A rare hybrid between mogilny and Iginla. Iginly
Lol, tnx. I didn't even notice .

Old
03-28-2013, 07:09 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

I guess this is what I get for going to bed early. What an absolute joke of a deal for the Flames as the two prospects they got are merely average and the first they got is a glorified 2nd. Koko from the Bruins was easily a better prospect than the two guys they ended up getting. This is what happens when you hold on to a veteran asset for too long when you are going nowhere. This says all you need to know about this trade:

Josh Yoyo, Penguins beat writer: (@JoshYoyo_Trib)

"Recently asked a member of Pens organization to give me top 10 prospects in organization. Neither Agostino nor Hanowsi made the list".

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 03-28-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 07:26 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Glad to see the Kings didn't land Iginla. I'm a fan of Jarome, but I think his best days are behind him and it wasn't worth depleting the team's resources to acquire him. But mostly because the biggest need is on the blueline, with no return dates for Mitchell & Greene. I'm still holding out hope for acquiring Jagr, but I don't know if Dallas is ready to fold this season and trade him, much less to a division rival (albeit, only for this year).

Taking a look at the defensemen on rosters of teams that are out of the playoff picture, I think there are some values out there that can be acquired without seriously depleting roster / prospect / draft pick depth:

Jan Hejda: Signed for 1 more season @ 3.25M. Doesn't do much on the offensive side, but is a good shot blocker and playing for a crappy Colorado team

Ladislav Smid: Another shot blocker who is a UFA at the end of the season.

Filip Kuba: A bit expensive at 4.2M for one more year after this season, and a bit old at 36. But I see him as an upgrade over Ellerby at this point.

Nik Grossman: The flyers look like they're ready to implode and call it a season. Grossman's 28, and has some size. Plus he kind of looks like Matty Norstrom. He wouldn't be a rental with 3 years left on his deal, so he could also be a hedge if Scuderi isn't resigned.

Eric Brewer: This guy never lived up to the expectations of his high draft position, but he's signed for 2 more years at 3.8M and is 33 years old. Perhaps Stevie Y would take Bernier and a 4th for Brewer and Garon. If Bernier is too much to move, maybe a guy like Sami Salo could work for something less.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:52 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I guess this is what I get for going to bed early. What an absolute joke of a deal for the Flames as the two prospects they got are merely average and the first they got is a glorified 2nd. Koko from the Bruins was easily a better prospect than the two guys they ended up getting. This is what happens when you hold on to a veteran asset for too long when you are going nowhere. This says all you need to know about this trade:

Josh Yoyo, Penguins beat writer: (@JoshYoyo_Trib)

"Recently asked a member of Pens organization to give me top 10 prospects in organization. Neither Agostino nor Hanowsi made the list".
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorJeep View Post
Glad to see the Kings didn't land Iginla. I'm a fan of Jarome, but I think his best days are behind him and it wasn't worth depleting the team's resources to acquire him.
I think it was clearly the Penguins all along.

If Iginla had a list, it included the last 4 Cup champs. Why 4 teams? Pittsburgh happened to be the least recent of the 4 to win. The other 3 teams on that list were there purely for show. It looks like it was always about playing with Crosby, and getting into the Olympic groove again.

I don't think you can bash Calgary, since as long as Pittsburgh offered something where the league might not step in an void a trade, Iginla was going to be a Penguin. Calgary at least got a 1st round pick. It sounds like the Boston offer was better, but it wasn't about that. The Kings could've offered Toffoli and Bernier, and it doesn't look like it would have made a difference.

More than anything, this is what happens when you have Crosby on your team.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Jagr is the guy I think would fit well into the Kings lineup.
6.4'' 230lb, good on the cycle and a terrific PP player that has the game breaking abilities...
Plus it would be a great trollolo if he won in the Stanley Cup finals vs Penguins...
And he wouldn't cost much, the perfect rental and he upgrades the 2nd line. The Kings are in position to be able to upgrade the current team without gutting the farm system so as a fan you have to be happy with where they sit. We waited for this for a long time, to be like a Detroit where players want to play here and you can just move around guys because they have the depth and young players don't need to get rushed into the lineup. I'm confident Lombardi will bring somebody in, Toffoli isn't ready for prime time playoff minutes and Penner is Penner.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:38 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Aaron Ward is just trying to be consistent. He was **** on the ice and he's **** off of it. Gotta commend someone for being so consistent for so long.

The word boxes in that made me laugh hard. Man that was a rough shift. Looked like oldtimers rec hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Iggy's got a grand total of 9 goals and 13 assists through 31 games. He brings something to Pitt, but not that much.

He's not what he used to be. Pitt is going "all in" for sure this season, but I still have to question their defensive abilities.
People keep pointing out his goal total for the season, but neglect to notice he had a rough start to the season. He had one goal in his first 16 games. He's had 8 goals in 15 games since. Additionally, he's scored at least 30 goals for 11 straight seasons, and that only will stop this year due to the lockout.

Iginla brings a lot to the Flames. What's he's done for the past 11 seasons (and he had 28 and 29 goal seasons the two years before that) shouldn't be ignored because of a tough 16 game stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Oh and this should come out now but the player that the flames were insisting on from us is Roach from what I heard. I can't see DL not letting him be involved so something else must have held things up from our end.

Roach was definitely part of the deal.
I assume what held things up for us was not having a first until 2014. That plus I question if Iginla really had a 4 team list, or if just had a one team list (Pittsburgh) but made it look bigger to help Calgary get at least something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post

Although if DL has something brewing for a depth forward I'm sure it'll be worth it. Clowe, Eriksson, Lucic, all of those names make sense. Iginla made a hell of a lot of sense, as well, but that ship has sailed.

Pittsburgh is only going all in this season because their kryptonite will not make the playoffs.
I love Lucic, but with a cap hit of $6 million per season, I really don't want him.

Quote:
The trap isn't the same as playing the hard forechecking style that DS demands, which involves heavy hitting for many forwards. I think St. Louis would do well ANYWHERE he went, but don't think being able to play the trap is anything like what DS employs.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I still see Boston as most likely to win the Cup from the East. And I don't see the moves Pittsburgh made pushing them over Boston.

Agree 100%. Defense and goaltending still win championships. It's very possible that the Pens might end up facing the Rangers in the first round. Lundquist has the capability of being the best goalie in the world and taking over a series. And if the pens and Bruins do meet, the Bruins will be more than motivated, given that Iggy snubbed them. Boston is a very good team and a very physical one, roll 4 good lines and all can score and shut down.. Excellent defense and Fleury has shown that he cracks under pressure.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Agree 100%. Defense and goaltending still win championships. It's very possible that the Pens might end up facing the Rangers in the first round. Lundquist has the capability of being the best goalie in the world and taking over a series. And if the pens and Bruins do meet, the Bruins will be more than motivated, given that Iggy snubbed them. Boston is a very good team and a very physical one, roll 4 good lines and all can score and shut down.. Excellent defense and Fleury has shown that he cracks under pressure.
No doubt Boston still has a good chance. But Fleury has also shown that he can elevate his play to a really high level, as evidenced by his 14-6, 3so, 1.97gaa, .933svp in 2009 playoffs. Pittsburgh is the sexy pick right now, but both teams are still real solid.

Honestly, I just cannot see any way Boston and Pittsburgh don't meet in the conference finals. Those two teams are on another level in the East, IMO.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:10 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Honestly, I just cannot see any way Boston and Pittsburgh don't meet in the conference finals. Those two teams are on another level in the East, IMO.
Unless Pittsburgh is 1st, Boston is 4th, and all top 4 seeds win.

Should be a great series if they do meet. Pittsburgh goes into Boston on April 19th. Could be entertaining.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
Unless Pittsburgh is 1st, Boston is 4th, and all top 4 seeds win.

Should be a great series if they do meet. Pittsburgh goes into Boston on April 19th. Could be entertaining.
Perhaps, but I don't see Montreal being able to hold off Boston down the stretch. We'll see.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Basilisk

I can't believe the Penguins got away with sending a couple of ham & eggers to Calgary. That would be like us trading Nic Dowd, Jordan Weal, and the rights to Holloway plus a 1st round pick. Disgusting!

Closed Thread